dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Looks like Poles traded Quinn to saw if Smith really is that guy and he was not in that Cowboys game(cry baby and owned by pollard). So Poles traded Smith also and brought WR back because without those WRs errors Bears should had won Cowboys 50-49.
:speechless:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Age of Bears Offensive Core next year

Fields -23
Herbert - 25
Blasinggame - 27
Mooney - 26
Claypool - 25
VJJ - 26
Harry - 25
ESB - 27
Kmet - 24
Jones - 24
Jenkins - 25
Borom - 24

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Whom ever did you have in mind. Should have relayed that to Poles. It’s your fault for this mess

I would prefer Marvin Harrison jr with the first next year or a receiver similar if he doesn’t come out. I preferred to build the offense thru the draft. I wanted them to hold this ammunition to move up for a real real difference maker.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

Not sure why it's not linking:

Chase Claypool trade rumors: Teams expect Steelers receiver to be available at deadline, per report​

Pittsburgh is reportedly seeking huge compensation for its young wideout​

[IMG alt=" Jordan Dajani
"]https://sportshub.cbsistatic.com/i/r/2019/07/30/decfc86e-6a55-4887-809a-4463e0bfa786/thumbnail/80x80/60b06f35eb4d8ff12fe88f20f38971e5/jordan-dajani-500.png[/IMG]

By Jordan Dajani

Oct 22, 2022 at 3:46 pm ET•1 min read

claypool.jpgUSATSI
With the NFL trade deadline just over a week away, teams are beginning to pick up the phone and inquire about players who may be available. One big name that could potentially be on the move is Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Chase Claypool.
Per ESPN, Claypool is one of the wideouts who teams expect to be available prior to the Nov. 1 trade deadline. The Steelers have a solid wide receiving corps with recently extended Diontae Johnson and rookie George Pickens, but ESPN reports that multiple NFL executives believed Claypool was even available in the preseason. However, what could make a deal tough is what Pittsburgh is reportedly expecting in return.

A league executive who makes trades for his team told SI.com that a potential Claypool trade could look similar to what the San Francisco 49ers gave up for star running back Christian McCaffrey earlier this week. A deal that includes "multiple" second-round picks, among other selections.
2260676.png
team logo
Chase Claypool
PIT • WR • 11
TAR36
REC23
REC YDS225
REC TD1
FL0
View Profile
The former second-round pick out of Notre Dame is in the third year of his rookie deal. He burst onto the scene as a rookie, catching 62 passes for 873 yards and nine touchdowns in 2020, but hasn't been able to keep that pace. Claypool is averaging a career-low 37.5 receiving yards per game this season, but is coming off of an impressive performance against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, in which he caught all seven targets for 96 yards and a touchdown.

Claypool is a big target that has legitimate star potential. During an appearance on the I AM ATHLETE podcast earlier this year, he claimed he can be a top-three receiver in the league.
"My second year, I was a better football player than I was my first year," Claypool said. "The plays just didn't work out, some of the plays didn't go my way, I didn't make some plays I needed to make. But as a football player, understanding the game, knowing what to do, knowing where to be, I was better. So I'm gonna be better this year.
"I know for a fact, I'm not like the rest of the guys in the NFL. I know I'm a top-five receiver. I know I'm a top-three receiver."

Just 24 years old, Claypool is an interesting trade-deadline target that teams could be interested in.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
You're probably not going to get a better receiver in the 2nd round. He's 24, proven he can play, compliments Mooney. They weren't going to get a better receiver in FA, so basically traded a guy they weren't going to re-sign for a young, starting receiver.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Nah man I don’t see him putting either team over the top (imo) so I didn’t feel bad. Packers are a sinking ship
The Packers didn't need him anyway. They've got their #1 guy in Allen Lazard, not to mention rookie phenoms in Christian Watson and Romeo Doubs... guys that Packers' QB Aaron Rodgers said he feels very comfortable with.

Remember Pack fans saying this before the season? At least Bears fans (by and large) were generally honest about WR being a pretty big need.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
The sad reality is that claypool is not that much better than a guy like Robbie Anderson, almost the same player lmfao. Notice how a good organization gives up a 6th round pick for such a player, a bad organization gives up a 2nd rounder ??????

One guy is in his 3rd year and squeaky clean, and has 45 more pounds of muscle and one guy is in his 8th year and a malcontent. Totally the same thing!!!

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Age of Bears Offensive Core next year

Fields -23
Herbert - 25
Blasinggame - 27
Mooney - 26
Claypool - 25
VJJ - 26
Harry - 25
ESB - 27
Kmet - 24
Jones - 24
Jenkins - 25
Borom - 24
I don't think our staff views Jenkins as a core piece judging by the way they've treated him.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I would prefer Marvin Harrison jr with the first next year or a receiver similar if he doesn’t come out. I preferred to build the offense thru the draft. I wanted them to hold this ammunition to move up for a real real difference maker.
Yes please on Marvin Harrison Jr

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right… If Harrison comes out. I too want to build through the draft, and they will. People might not think Claypool is great, but he’s a better #2 than what they trotting out there. General consensus is another team involved, so had to pay a higher price. Dude is young and under contract for a bit. I’m ok with this. At least they still own another second rounder

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wait a minute….the bears are paying chase nothing? Are the Steelers paying his remaining salary?
I think when he says nothing he means very little.

Bust

Liked Posts:
ONLY 24 YEARS OLD. A STEAL BY THE BEARS!@

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Claypool also allows you to use VJJ more. Have Mooney and Claypool threatening intermediate and deep means you can have VJJ as the checkdown and let him use his YAC ability.
Definitely allows for flexibility, they can bring VJJ in any time thy need a fumble or dropped pass.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
One guy is in his 3rd year and squeaky clean, and has 45 more pounds of muscle and one guy is in his 8th year and a malcontent. Totally the same thing!!!

Lol Anderson churned out better seasons at the same age - and if you read my post you saw me acknowledge that claypool is better, just an example of an overpay of a trade

But I’m warming up to it, I’m off the ledge now lol

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He isn't draft eligible until 2024 but OK