Bears trade for Claypool

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
Lmfao all the Poles drooling nutriders sure look Special person right now ? ? ? ?
Hey bud- I'm guilty of this, but please don't use the R word. I used to use it a lot without regard. And after I did some volunteer work, I contain myself. I just say morons. I'm not the word police, but that word hurtts a lot good hearted folks. Keep up the posts.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey bud- I'm guilty of this, but please don't use the R word. I used to use it a lot without regard. And after I did some volunteer work, I contain myself. I just say morons. I'm not the word police, but that word hurtts a lot good hearted folks. Keep up the posts.

Okay, that is a fair point. But there really isn't a more apt word to describe the majority of Bears fans.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Plz don't use the "M" word, my dad is an M and has suffered his entire life because of it. I prefer to call him "a fuckin' dipshit". TY

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Just because a CCS member considers it an overpay despite 2 teams offering a 2nd round pick does not mean it was in fact an overpay.
2 that we know of. There could have been more, or other teams having offered other packages as well.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Claypool or nothing is the way you see it? We will see, let’s see what happens between now and the start of next season.

Glad you’re happy with sell low and buy high Poles.

no one paying roquan 120 million. once free starts you will see, boo

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I don't get the need to trade for a WR right now......there is plenty of time and likely wr available in the off season if you wanted to trade away a 2nd rounder.......a 2nd for Claypool seems a tad too high.....but, whatever Fields needs blocking and weapons to see if he can be an elite qb vs a runner who can throw if limited

Also....what happened to building thru the draft and not dumping picks for players?
What's the downside of getting a guy now?
He may not be available in the offseason.
You don't know who will be available or what the cost will be.
He gets familiar with Fields amd the offense for half a year instead of starting from scratch in Week 1 next season.

I'm not pretending Claypool is the end all be all. Or that no other WR will possibly be available or better.

But other than simply feeling the need to bitch about literally every single thing, what issues do you have with this?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
no one paying roquan 120 million. once free starts you will see, boo
He's either going to sign with Ravens or they will tag him. he isn't going to make it to free agency.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I like the idea of Claypool, Mooney and Harry in three receiver sets. You have two guys that can take the top off and huge target that can wall off defenders and win in contested situations. Harry and Claypool can both help the run game with their blocking too.

VJJ can’t catch but looks good running the ball. Having Claypool on the field makes makes it tougher for defenses to key on special packages they might employ for VJJ because Claypool is capable of doing anything VJJ can do with his elite athleticism.

This pushes Pettis way down but I think they need him on punt returns. I do not want VJJ back there anymore.

So the WR room looks like this now…

Claypool
Mooney
ESB/Harry
VJJ
Pettis

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Claypool on GB would have given the packers’ fans the player they thought they were getting in Christian Watson TBH.

Rob Noxious

Liked Posts:
It’s not just Claypool. It’s Mooney, Cold Cement, and N’keal Harry being out there, and D having to also make sure JF1 doesn’t take off. It helps us exponentially

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The 6-foot-4, 238-pound Claypool can play outside or in the slot. He is a human mismatch. He basically disappeared from the offense by the end of Trubisky’s first run, but in the past two games, Claypool has been targeted 16 times and has 12 catches for 146 yards and a touchdown.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I like the idea of Claypool, Mooney and Harry in three receiver sets. You have two guys that can take the top off and huge target that can wall off defenders and win in contested situations. Harry and Claypool can both help the run game with their blocking too.

VJJ can’t catch but looks good running the ball. Having Claypool on the field makes makes it tougher for defenses to key on special packages they might employ for VJJ because Claypool is capable of doing anything VJJ can do with his elite athleticism.

This pushes Pettis way down but I think they need him on punt returns. I do not want VJJ back there anymore.

So the WR room looks like this now…

Claypool
Mooney
ESB/Harry
VJJ
Pettis
Think Pringle is back this week, might bump Pettis.