Bears trade for Claypool

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's either going to sign with Ravens or they will tag him. he isn't going to make it to free agency.

Good luck with that when they have Lamar Jackson to sign. They might not have a choice. They get a 3rd comp back if Ro leaves so its not that big of a Heartbreaker for them. No deal is in place now, and I'm sure Ro would want to test free agency

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I like the idea of Claypool, Mooney and Harry in three receiver sets. You have two guys that can take the top off and huge target that can wall off defenders and win in contested situations. Harry and Claypool can both help the run game with their blocking too.

VJJ can’t catch but looks good running the ball. Having Claypool on the field makes makes it tougher for defenses to key on special packages they might employ for VJJ because Claypool is capable of doing anything VJJ can do with his elite athleticism.

This pushes Pettis way down but I think they need him on punt returns. I do not want VJJ back there anymore.

So the WR room looks like this now…

Claypool
Mooney
ESB/Harry
VJJ
Pettis
Pringle will be back soon, which would replace Pettis probably.

Rise

Liked Posts:
no one paying roquan 120 million. once free starts you will see, boo

What does that have to do with the timing? I never wanted to sign Roquan, never wanted to draft Roquan. Don’t understand why Poles even offered him Shaq L money.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Its reported that he's a locker room distraction.

Not up to date on the Steelers but browsing the reddit, fans think Johnson was being more of a malcontent than Claypool. Johnson is the better WR so the choice was obvious but just something I ended up seeing

We'll see how this goes though

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
He's either going to sign with Ravens or they will tag him. he isn't going to make it to free agency.
So, if the Ravens franchise tag Smith, where do you think Lamar Jackson will end up?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Not up to date on the Steelers but browsing the reddit, fans think Johnson was being more of a malcontent than Claypool. Johnson is the better WR so the choice was obvious but just something I ended up seeing

We'll see how this goes though
All of their WRs seem pretty pissed off lately. Their QB situation is brutal. On one hand you have Mitch(no explanation needed) and on the other you have a rookie who makes Chad Pennington look like Brett Favre.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Because I don’t want this bum in Chicago when they could have had someone way better
I've been at work so I haven't seen the trades yet. Who are these WRs who are "way better" who were traded today?
I want to be mad at the Bears over trades they didn't make just like you.
List, please.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Sorry guys, From what I'm seeing on film, I actually wouldn't rate him as being more talented than a healthy Byron Pringle.
Not that it is something amazing, but would you be averse to having Claypool AND Pringle on the same team if Pringle ever gets back from injury?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I would prefer Marvin Harrison jr with the first next year or a receiver similar if he doesn’t come out. I preferred to build the offense thru the draft. I wanted them to hold this ammunition to move up for a real real difference maker.
So.....multiple draft picks for one WR on a team full of holes? Good plan.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I've been at work so I haven't seen the trades yet. Who are these WRs who are "way better" who were traded today?
List, please.

Calvin Ridley.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Just because the Packers, who are desperate to try to maximize what is left of Rodgers were willing to overpay does not mean the Bears are justified in beating their offer. Sometimes you just lose out on trades and that is ok. If Baltimore’s pick doesn’t win so be it.
According to remy Claypool is an absolute angel and we not only made a good trade but maybe even underpaid for this stud #1 WR. ? ?

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
List, please.

I guess Ridley but there are obviously some pretty big issues there. Otherwise, Claypool is as good as you could hope for, either in a trade now or in free agency.