Bears trade for Claypool

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Claypool's obviously a bigger, more athletic upgrade at WR,let's hope he's re-signed.........if he is,the trade's a win! If not.....it's a pattern.

Let's also hope Fields can stay upright long enough to find his new improved target,if Claypool doesn't get many opportunities due to a lack of protection the rest of the way........he may be an unhappy camper. Getting a few OL's back from injury should help.
Let's just say Claypool is in the best situation with Fields as his QB then he ever has been with the Steelers. I think it is a great matchup with Fields the deep ball thrower paired with Claypool the big physical deep ball receiver.

With the Bears now using play action along with a heavy ground and pound run game it should take some pressure off a suspect OL in pass protection.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok here are a few of the better ones around the league.
Metcalf
Adams
Samuel
Higgens
Boyd
Kirk
Smith-Schuster
Thomas, before ankle injuries.
Thomas had Brees, Smith Schuster(Who Claypool was behind )had Big Ben and Brown, Metcalf is a freak, had Wilson, Deebo stats are posted above and his stats won't be better than Claypool after year 3, Kirk stats are not better at year 3, but hey apparently a 24 yr old receiver can't get better, especially now that he will be a main target

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's just say Claypool is in the best situation with Fields as his QB then he ever has been with the Steelers. I think it is a great matchup with Fields the deep ball thrower paired with Claypool the big physical deep ball receiver.

With the Bears now using play action along with a heavy ground and pound run game it should take some pressure off a suspect OL in pass protection.
Exactly, also Claypool is 24 and can still improve.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You said at same age. You cant count 5 seasons when Claypool hasnt played 5 seasons yet. He has played 2 full seasons and his 2 full seasons are better than Anderson's first 2 full seasons.

It is not an idiotic comparison but I think you ignore Claypool is young enough and athletic enough to surpass Anderson's career.
Thank you, for some reason people have a hard time seeing guys and where they were at year 3. Like Thielen was mentioned early as being better....dude had 89 catches after year 3

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am for a trade down to land. Johnston or just land Johnston regardless of Claypool/Mooney.
Either way. I worry he may be off the board as the 1st WR so he may not even BE there at #12. Could go to the JAGS at #4, Colts at #15. And as far as need, there are many teams above us that need WRs, as well—HOU #2, CAR #3, etc.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't even understand what the argument is here. What I do know is from what everything I've seen so far, Claypool isn't anywhere near as good of a receiver as the lists of receivers being thrown around on this argument.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not knocking Claypool, I like him. I just don't quite understand the looking at just 2nd round wrs. The complaint is that it was an overpay, which I think it probably was a bit. So if people just didn't want to give up a 2nd for this specific player, then it isn't even position specific. We could be looking at every successful player at any position drafted in the 2nd or later as justification.

Again, I'm not really against the trade overall. I just don't understand the argument you are making
It's not an overpay since he's still cheap, young and proven to be a viable player. His value was set as I'm sure there were other offers of a #2 since we gave them our earlier one. 2nd round hit rate is still below 50%.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's not an overpay since he's still cheap, young and proven to be a viable player. His value was set as I'm sure there were other offers of a #2 since we gave them our earlier one. 2nd round hit rate is still below 50%.
Apparently Packers and Patriots. Bears then had to give up their own 2nd

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I like the idea of getting a big,young,athletic WR with a 2nd and what appears to now be a PO caliber offense should only get better once he's fully incorporated into it and getting two starting OL's back is real big.........DAM shame we'll give up 40 the rest of the way though..........let's see how the faithful like that.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Claypool already looks like a very smart move. That was totally PI and we should have won. But I'm okay with this loss as it means a better pick. Look forward to seeing more of Claypool. Fields—wow.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I don't even understand what the argument is here. What I do know is from what everything I've seen so far, Claypool isn't anywhere near as good of a receiver as the lists of receivers being thrown around on this argument.
Claypool is an elite athlete mediocre WR, sucks at high pointing and route running he needs to become a technician to become elite and do the work on the details. VJJ is a great athlete poor mediocre to poor WR ....i think Poles has the Ryan Pace disease and should let someone else identify WR's for him

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Are you comparing their whole careers or just their first 2 full seasons in NFL?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are you comparing their whole careers or just their first 2 full seasons in NFL?

Nothing against Claypool, just the one list was superstars. He is very talented. If he stays on the Bears I hope he attains those accomplishments.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nothing against Claypool, just the one list was superstars. He is very talented. If he stays on the Bears I hope he attains those accomplishments.

But the question is where they superstars after 2 years? Unless I am thinking of wrong list most were not.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Probably right. Too tired to look lol.

Think below was first 3 seasons with Claypools still ongoing.

Why? Isnt the whole crying and moaning about giving a 2nd rounder for Claypool. So yeah, that is why 2nd round is relevant. Also lets see how they stack up. All 3 completed years against Claypool with 2.5. Also some had Brees, Wilson, Mahomes, and started right away. I just did a few off your list. Claypool did not and had bad QB play, besides rookie year. IMO, he stacks up and can be more of a main focus, like a ton you named there. Lets revisit stats after his third year is completed....hell, he may be on par with some good ones. Barring injury, he will have better stats than Lockett, Deebo, Thielen, Kupp, maybe Godwin

GS REC Yards TDS

Lockett 25 137 1316 9

Kupp 28 197 2596 21

Robinson 40 201 2831 32

Deebo 31 167 2598 10

Godwin 21 179 2700 16

Thomas 42 321 3787 23

Landry 41 288 3051 13

Thielen 14 89 1248 6

Claypool 27 153 2044 12

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nice to see the Bear are now in the position of having a (draft) commodity with multiple possible suitors for a change. Sure does seem to be a lot of Claypool hindsight posts in other threads.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Really got GREAT value out of that 32nd pick!
2022 with Bears - 14 catches, 140 yds, on 29 targets
2023 with Bears - 4 catches, 51 yards, 1 TD on 14 targets

LET POLES COOK!