Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How was this biased? He stated numerous times that he doesn’t hate Mitch and isn’t putting him down. The film doesn’t lie...
He can say what he wants but his critique is flawed. Not that he threw well but overall Mitch threw best to his left last year. I also wasn't impressed with the film he chose as examples. If you present the proposition that Mitch can't throw left, show film with him missing from a cleaner pocket. I'm not defending Mitch's year because he sucked but the analysis could have been better.
passer-rating-vs-league-avg_TRU215336_2019-reg-all_1577730106984.jpeg

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
None of this matters. Who is to say more mysterious teams don't go after Foles after losing out on their first choice (Brady, Bridgewater, etc.). Pace made it happen. 4th round pick whoop de doo.

Superbowl

If that is your position and it works out for us then I agree it won't matter. I told the young man he is free to believe what he wants.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
1. How many teams were bidding on Foles on March 16th and what did they offer?

more then just the Bears and Colts

at the 1:25 mark he talks about the bears winning over other TEAMS not team not just the Colts but TEAMS

But thats still irrelevant because all offers at this point where rejected by the jags so it doesnt matter if it was 30 teams or 1 team
"to date Jacksonville has been unwilling to trade him"

2. Was the Bears offer on the 16th the same as their offer on the 18th after the Colts signed Rivers on the 17th?
no idea if the Bears had an offer in on the 16th but if they did it was rejected by the Colts
"to date Jacksonville has been unwilling to trade him"
3. How many teams were left in bidding after Colts signed Rivers and who were they?
at least one more team after the Colts dropped out
But that is still irrelevant because the colts rejected all current offers so the number of teams bidding does not matter at that point.

your not bidding against other teams, your bidding against a "reserve price" just like in ebay, even if your the only one bidding you still have to meet the reserve price to win
The reports where that the Jags where not shopping foles and where perfectly comfortable keeping both QBs going into the season, they weren't going to let him go for peanuts, obviously a 4th was the number that they wanted and thats what the Bears did t get him.

There is nothing odd in how this deal went down. its just like the 100s and 100s of deals that have been done before.

the only thing odd here is you hell bent on pushing a false narrative that Pace bid against himself

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No he said they received feelers from other teams. That is different from saying other teams actually made offers. The only other team he mentioned is the Colts. If Schefter was actually aware of offers from another team besides the Colts he would have said so. He did not. So you have not answered question 1. We still don't know what other teams were involved and what offers they made on March 16. Now let's pause here. Do you conceptually understand there is a difference between teams inquiring or putting out feelers vs actually making a firm offer?

As for Question 2, great at least you admit you don't know. Thanks.

As for Question 3, incorrect. Schefter claims teams put out feelers. He never said any other team made an offer and he never said if any offers occurred after Colts dropped out. So we don't know if any other teams were involved on March 18. His comment about feelers is generic and for all we know none of the teams had made offers or had already moved on by the time the Bears made the deal. My contention is that on March 18 when the deal was finally made, I am not aware of any actual offers from anyone else. Neither are you because Schefter does not specify a date as to when these feelers occurred and he never claims any other team besides the Colts and Bears made an actual offer.

And none of this gets at the question as to whether the asking price would have come down if Pace had waited. Schefter is not psychic and could not possible know that so he like you and I would simply be speculating. So once again if you want to speculate other teams still had offers on the table on March 18 then I have no problem with that. We are both allowed to speculate. I just have no definitive proof that is true which is what you claimed.

Last edited:

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
No he said they received feelers from other teams. That is different from saying other teams actually made offers. The only other team he mentioned is the Colts. If Schefter was actually aware of offers from another team besides the Colts he would have said so. He did not. So you have not answered question 1. We still don't know what other teams were involved and what offers they made on March 16. Now let's pause here. Do you conceptually understand there is a difference between teams inquiring or putting out feelers vs actually making a firm offer?

As for Question 2, great at least you admit you don't know. Thanks.

As for Question 3, incorrect. Schefter claims teams put out feelers. He never said any other team made an offer and he never said if any offers occurred after Colts dropped out. So we don't know if any other teams were involved on March 18. His comment about feelers is generic and for all we know none of the teams had made offers or had already moved on by the time the Bears made the deal. My contention is that on March 18 when the deal was finally made, I am not aware of any actual offers from anyone else. Neither are you because Schefter does not specify a date as to when these feelers occurred and he never claims any other team besides the Colts and Bears made an actual offer.

And none of this gets at the question as to whether the asking price would have come down if Pace had waited. Schefter is not psychic and could not possible know that so he like you and I would simply be speculating. So once again if you want to speculate other teams still had offers on the table on March 18 then I have no problem with that. We are both allowed to speculate. I just have no definitive proof that is true which is what you claimed.

again it is irrelevant if there was a bunch of teams just doing "feelers" vs just the Colts and Bears putting in offers.

"To date Jacksonville has been unwilling to trade him " means whatever OFFERS they got as of the 16th where rejected.

And the Jags where NOT trying to shop him and where fine keeping them both so there is no way they would drop the price. But lets give you the benefit of the doubt and even if they would of dropped the price later on in your hypothetical scenario THAT IS NOT A CASE OF PACE BIDDING AGAINST HIMSELF. That is Pace paying the price that was set by the jags at that specific time. Again thats is NOT bidding against himself

You want to argue that the Jags would of dropped the price after the draft or next year or whatever you want to make? Fine go ahead, (but its just a likely that the price goes up as well) but that is not the discussion we are having. I know your trying to vortex "pace was bidding against himself" into any other discussion because you know you are wrong with that and whenever that happens with you its full vortex to change whatever is needed rather then just admit you are wrong.

You are 100% wrong, time to move on you're just looking foolish

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No it is not irrelevant. For one to be bidding that means an offer has to have been made. If I just put out feelers that is not bidding. Bid and offer are synonyms. Feeler is not so putting out feelers is what is irrelevant to the the question of bidding against oneself.

So again do you have evidence of any other team putting a bid or offer in? If so, who and what did they offer? The only teams I know are the Colts and Bears and the Colts stopped bidding on March 17 when they signed Rivers. So as far as I know the only team with an offer on March 18 was the Bears.

If you can't answer the questions then again you are free to speculate as you wish. You are the one that needs to move on not me. I am not telling you I am 100% right. You are the only one claiming you have proof when you don't. I freely accept that stuff may have happened behind the scenes that I don't know about. Until that is actually proven then I am free to speculate just as you are.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
No it is not irrelevant. For one to be bidding that means an offer has to have been made. If I just put out feelers that is not bidding. Bid and offer are synonyms. Feeler is not so putting out feelers is what is irrelevant to the the question of bidding against oneself.

So again do you have evidence of any other team putting a bid or offer in? If so, who and what did they offer? The only teams I know are the Colts and Bears and the Colts stopped bidding on March 17 when they signed Rivers. So as far as I know the only team with an offer on March 18 was the Bears.

If you can't answer the questions then again you are free to speculate as you wish. You are the one that needs to move on not me. I am not telling you I am 100% right. You are the only one claiming you have proof when you don't.

it is irrelevant because it does not matter how many teams put in offers. If the Bears where the only team to put in an offer on the 16th that offer was rejected on the 16th and they needed to up the offer to make the deal. That is not bidding against yourself that is just meeting the sellers price. You are 100% wrong

and a side note you have a bit of a "tell" here. I have noticed that you have stopped quoting me right after I explained to you that "To date Jacksonville has been unwilling to trade him " proves that all offers where rejected, and proves that you where wrong about pace bidding against himself.

Its interesting that you dont want me notified that you replied to me, but still had some weird compulsion that you have to "appear" right, hence the vortex replies that dont notify me that you replied and have nothing to really do with "pace bidding against himself"

Its ok to be wrong Remy, it happens to everyone..

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lol, I stopped quoting you because we are the only two discussing so there is no point. I would only quote if there was another post in-between ours. Otherwise it is pointless since you would know I was responding to you because my response is right below yours.

I also didn't even know people get notified when someone responds to them as if that is true, I don't have that feature activated. I would be deluded with notifications as I post a ton. So you being a bit paranoid. Imagine thinking internet posting is so important that someone is trying to avoid a notification system. Just refresh the main page and see if there is a new post silly.

If the Bears were the only team to put in an offer and it was rejected, they should have just waited. That is all.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
it is irrelevant because it does not matter how many teams put in offers. If the Bears where the only team to put in an offer on the 16th that offer was rejected on the 16th and they needed to up the offer to make the deal. That is not bidding against yourself that is just meeting the sellers price. You are 100% wrong

and a side note you have a bit of a "tell" here. I have noticed that you have stopped quoting me right after I explained to you that "To date Jacksonville has been unwilling to trade him " proves that all offers where rejected, and proves that you where wrong about pace bidding against himself.

Its interesting that you dont want me notified that you replied to me, but still had some weird compulsion that you have to "appear" right, hence the vortex replies that dont notify me that you replied and have nothing to really do with "pace bidding against himself"

Sir....you apparently didn't get the memo. Remy is never wrong ?
-------------------------------

Yo Remy..... u don't have to respond to me on this....just try and have a sense of humor

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am wrong on Tuesdays between the hours of 3am and 5am.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Hmmmmmmm cheerleading the moves we make before seeing results or shitting all over the moves we make before seeing the results?? Being positive about your team no matter how good or bad it's been over the years or being a negative fuck about your team because it's been bad for most of the last 20 years??? Man this is really tough to choose a side.

:gfto:
What happened to being positive about shitty moves? @remydat

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So how does this pertain to anything Bears 2022 related? Thank God we can bring back dead threads from years ago, and tag remy, so that we have 40 more pages of arguments over who has the smaller penis.
Why so self conscious? Using 'remy' is intentionally not tagging him. Server doesn't respond to nick names.:rolleyes:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

This is who the Foles pick ended up being. A trade between 2 poorly run franchises usually ends up being a crap pick.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well, Remy was positive it was a shitty move!(y) I usually give the GM too much rope. Sure hung himself on that one.

To be fair, I softened a bit once I saw they reworked the contract but yeah still a shitty move in the end.

Why so self conscious? Using 'remy' is intentionally not tagging him. Server doesn't respond to nick names.:rolleyes:

I have notifications turned off so wouldn't have seen the tag anyways. Can't worry about all the people whose feelings I have hurt over the years @koehler5754