Bears trade for QB Nick Foles

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hopefully he'll stop playing like a pussy when his career and contract is on the line.

The coach should have made this happen last year. Hard to imagine Nagy could not influence his QB to run more....

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Obviously a Mariotta and Tennehill situation here. If Foles contract gets structured well this looks like a decent trade to me. Way better than a back up plan of Chase fucking Daniel.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Obviously a Mariotta and Tennehill situation here. If Foles contract gets structured well this looks like a decent trade to me. Way better than a back up plan of Chase fucking Daniel.

Why is this 'way better' exactly? Neither Foles or Daniel are taking this team anywhere.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol... this is great. Just when I thought there wasn’t anything else Pace could do to get this board’s panties in a bunch... he goes and does this.
Looks like Mitch will be using his legs a lot more this year.

Bring on the draft! lol

LetsGo34

Liked Posts:
You seriously believe that Nagy won't let Foles input what worked for them in certain areas of the system? Come on.
Look I know last year was awful for the Bears, but Foles is the kind of guy you bring in to make that system run more effectively. I'd rather have him than another rookie learning a system that needs help or just waiting on Trubs to make it happen.
I dont think Nagy is willing to take any critique or input on his system. He's the guy that said Howard didnt fit the system although Howard excelled in Philly's similar system. Admittedly, I have no confidence in Nagy.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why is this 'way better' exactly? Neither Foles or Daniel are taking this team anywhere.
Did you watch Chase play last year? Do you think he has any magic runs in him like Foles did? Seriously?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Not sexy but I kind of like it for 2 reasons:

1. It keeps us out of the mediocre vortex for better or worse (hopefully)

2. It likely means less RPO, thank god. Foles isn't running shit.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
i am ready for the apocalypse now

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Did you watch Chase play last year? Do you think he has any magic runs in him like Foles did? Seriously?

I don't think Foles is any better than Josh McCown, neither one of these players moves the needle for the Bears. They don't solve any long term problem. If you're relying on a career backup QB you're better off hoping to lose every game than for any 'magical runs'.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jacksonville board is loving this move.. thanksPace
Why wouldn't they? They would love any trade. They have a good young QB who they think will succeed.

We have Mitch and this is probably an emergency plan.

Win / Win?

NCIggles

Liked Posts:
Oh please, I hope Bears fans don't pick up that nickname. I remember when the Philly fans used it ad naseum, I thought it made them sound Special person.

Yes, philly fans are Special person. The nickname was started after a AMA with an Eagles' player on reddit when he was asked which player on the Eagles had the biggest dick.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Colts were only giving up a 5th. Lol

LOL what? A 5th and a comp 4th aren’t all that different. Colts had a similar interest.... Bears was just a bit more. It’s not like we’re talking a 1st vs a 3rd situation here. We’re talking 20 slots in the middle of the draft.