Bears trade for QB Nick Foles

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think you have to try your damnedest to trade MT for a 3rd or 4th now. Don't want to go into the draft with just 2 2nds in the first 4 rounds.
Us trading mitch just basically says we are waving the white flag for the season. Who are you and where is the real spartan?

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think Foles is any better than Josh McCown, neither one of these players moves the needle for the Bears. They don't solve any long term problem. If you're relying on a career backup QB you're better off hoping to lose every game than for any 'magical runs'.
OK what move could they have done that would have made you happy? My guess is NONE.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
I think you have to try your damnedest to trade MT for a 3rd or 4th now. Don't want to go into the draft with just 2 2nds in the first 4 rounds.
If somebody would take him i'm all for it. Send him off on his grandmama van

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
But does he? Bears clearly aren't running the same system as the Eagles.
Could it be because Trubisky couldn't run offense 202 and then had problems when he returned to offense 101?

Foles will be coming in having mastered offense 303 and has a grasp of offense 404.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Not sexy but I kind of like it for 2 reasons:

1. It keeps us out of the mediocre vortex for better or worse (hopefully)

2. It likely means less RPO, thank god. Foles isn't running shit.

I agree its basically like the flacco to denver trade except Foles still has some upside and is younger

If they move mitch, they're definitely gonna have to take a shot on a QB in the draft this year

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
OK what move could they have done that would have made you happy? My guess is NONE.

Correct. I'm not happy. I guess a Cam Newton trade would've been more compelling.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Could it be because Trubisky couldn't run offense 202 and then had problems when he returned to offense 101?

Foles will be coming in having mastered offense 303 and has a grasp of offense 404.
MT more like special ed

mecha

Liked Posts:
does anyone remember when people were afraid of Foles with the Eagles? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

there's a couple of collectives here, one that hates Trubisky and wants him gone (when he's still on his rookie deal no less), and another that bitched about the Chase Daniel acquisition years ago. then there's one more that hated every FA QB available, as in nobody would've been worth signing. and then another that thinks every current year's draft has no viable QBs and to wait like 3-4 years... which undoubtedly, they'll trumpet the same exact thing again then. but the Trubisky issue was still a looming thing, so how do you address the starter and backup issues then if you hate every available option?

following this team through the CCS lens is exhausting. as if the McCaskey organization's way of handling everything wasn't already bad enough. I don't think I can tolerate the offseason here anymore. back to lurking.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
LOL.

Guys guys.

We couldn't guarantee Teddy Bridgewater the starter job here but you think we're going to hand it over to foles?

Bruh Bruh

Don't believe everything you hear from the media during the lying season.

reggie_love

Liked Posts:
= a ton of money tied up in 2 QBs that probably aren't your guy long term even though you are trying to win now

retards run this team

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I never preferred Foles, but would have taken him had the Jags gave us a pick to take on his cap hit. This is really bad that we gave Jags a 4th to do a favor for them. Terrible deal. All the QBs on the market and this is how it ends. Thought we could have gotten a QB for a 6th.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm a guy who wouldn't have taken MT in the first place. When you make a mistake, you have to rectify it.
Who do you think will trade for Mitchell?

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Upgrade over Mitch and he's not a look at me botch like Cam so I'm okay with it.

Also tells me QB is still on the table in this draft. Foles is a good place setter until they can draft/develop a long term solution.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
I never preferred Foles, but would have taken him had the Jags gave us a pick to take on his cap hit. This is really bad that we gave Jags a 4th to do a favor for them. Terrible deal. All the QBs on the market and this is how it ends. Thought we could have gotten a QB for a 6th.

It was already reported the Colts offered a 5th for Foles. Pace just upped the offer 20 spots higher to make it happen.