Bears trade for QB Nick Foles

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
I almost guarantee you foles does not start week 1.

He's here so we have an actual NFL starter if mitch officially becomes a bust.
Mitch will be traded. If they were planning on spending over 30 million on QBs, they'd have just signed Brady and drafted a guy in round 5-7.

I believe they will trade up into round 1 and grab a QB.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
But, I will say that there's NO WAY he's getting 21 mil guaranteed to sit on the bench. He will starting opening day....

Reports are his contract will be reworked and he will get the 20 million over a few years. No way anyone was taking on the whole contract. Sounds like Foles eating the contract was a part of any deal.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Fire Pace & Nagy today. Giving up your 4th?! They should be giving the Bears a premium pick to take this contract away.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
We were literally the only ones going for foles

pace is a joke just like he fleeced himself for trubumsky

kg1187

Liked Posts:
People are already forgetting just how shitty Mitch was last season? Foles is not a franchise guy but he’s still better than Mitch.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not a big Foles fan but the money will be manageable, he gets the system and We'll be in a lot better shape when Mitch rips off his 3rd shoulder.

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
Big Dick Nick Foles bout to take over the starting job week 7 and lead a Super Bowl run, isn't he?

msadows

Liked Posts:
If Dalton or Cam came to Chicago, they would most definitely be the starter. Foles is no better then Mitch.

This is mind boggling

Dalton was worse than mitch last year, and Cam hasn't been good in years.

So why exactly would they most definitely start over mitch?

Once again, Teddy didn't come here because we didn't guarantee him the starting job.

Pace/Nagy have not moved on from mitch. That's apparent, they just want an emergency plan in place for when he fails, which is looking likely.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Anyone who thinks Mitch isn't starting week 1 is delusional.

As someone else stated, this is the emergency plan. If Mitch sucks, which will prob happen, Foles steps in around week 5-6 and takes over the rest of the season.

More than likely he won't redeem this offense, and we pick top 15 and end up taking a QB there. Then you have foles as the starter next year while we groom the pick.

This season still is very much Get Mitch or Die Tryin'

the question is, if Mitch plays like 2018, and they make the playoffs, is that good enough?

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
People here were saying how Mitch was the worst starting QB in the NFL. Now they get Foles and say Mitch is better.

Agreed. I think we got the best system fit backup out there. I still want to see the contract though.

I believe many posters were thinking we were moving on from Mitch, despite all reports out of Halas that the Bears wanted veteran competition.

PFTCB

Liked Posts:
Cool I also want the guy that got benched for Gardner Minshew.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Dalton or Cam came to Chicago, they would most definitely be the starter. Foles is no better then Mitch.

This is mind boggling
Just continuing to say that doesn't make it so.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Mitch will be traded. If they were planning on spending over 30 million on QBs, they'd have just signed Brady and drafted a guy in round 5-7.

I believe they will trade up into round 1 and grab a QB.

Why would they trade away their week 1 starter

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I went to Jacksonville for a work conference like 6 weeks ago and chatted with my Uber driver about Foles and how JAX fans would feel if he were traded.

He more/less said "If you'll take his money off our hands.... we should give you a fucking draft pick"

I said "What if the Bears gave you a pick?"

He said "If you gave us even like a 5th-7th rounder it'd be a steal"

I said "What about a 3rd or 4th"

He said "Is your GM on meth? I would be ecstatic.... get rid of his money and a pick that high?"

I said "Just wait."

lmao, oh man

Being a Bears fan fucking sucks

mbison

Liked Posts:
Foles is light years better than Mitch. Just look at the double donk game. He was clutch has heck and the year before he was a Super Bowl MVP

Mitch will never do any of the above

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
the question is, if Mitch plays like 2018, and they make the playoffs, is that good enough?

Yes, I think a Mid 90s QBR next season makes it interesting moving forward... Anything sub 90 and I believe Mitch is gone, Foles stays around and the Bears draft a QB next season.

msadows

Liked Posts:
ONCE AGAIN GUYS:

TEDDY BRIDGEWATER DIDN'T COME HERE BECAUSE WE DIDN'T HAND HIM THE STARTING JOB.

What the fuck makes you guys think foles, dalton, or cam, who have been worse than checkdown teddy lately, will 100% get the job and we trade away scrub biscuit?

Pace obviously still believes in mitch, he just ain't tying his career to it. Foles will start by week 6, but not week 1.