Bears trade for QB Nick Foles

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
People here were saying how Mitch was the worst starting QB in the NFL. Now they get Foles and say Mitch is better. Everyone always overrated QBs until they are on the Bears. It's amazing.

Foles wasn’t the starter for most of the season last year. Did you watch?

Foles has been a back-up QB most of his career.

msadows

Liked Posts:
the question is, if Mitch plays like 2018, and they make the playoffs, is that good enough?

Most def.

If he plays like 2018 that means we got a run game somehow, which means this offense will be half decent.

If we had a run game last year, even with shit mitch, we'd been in the playoffs.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I went to Jacksonville for a work conference like 6 weeks ago and chatted with my Uber driver about Foles and how JAX fans would feel if he were traded.

He more/less said "If you'll take his money off our hands.... we should give you a fucking draft pick"

I said "What if the Bears gave you a pick?"

He said "If you gave us even like a 5th-7th rounder it'd be a steal"

I said "What about a 3rd or 4th"

He said "Is your GM on meth? I would be ecstatic.... get rid of his money and a pick that high?"

I said "Just wait."
So this is your fault

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
The Bears just traded for a guy who has NEVER thrown over 3,000 yds in his career and people think this is an upgrade.

He’s been in the league for 8 years. Lol

This is why the Bears are a losing franchise in the modern era. They continue to make the same mistakes over and over.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Why would they trade away their week 1 starter
If the plan wasn't to draft a QB high this year, they'd have just signed Brady if they wanted to spend 30+ million on the QB room. They clearly don't want to spend that much and will be getting rid of Mitch. No need for two subpar QBs

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Anyone who thinks Mitch isn't starting week 1 is delusional.

As someone else stated, this is the emergency plan. If Mitch sucks, which will prob happen, Foles steps in around week 5-6 and takes over the rest of the season.

More than likely he won't redeem this offense, and we pick top 15 and end up taking a QB there. Then you have foles as the starter next year while we groom the pick.

This season still is very much Get Mitch or Die Tryin'

Stop passing off your opinion as fact.

You know Jack shit about what the Bears have planned.

My opinion, which is just as valid as yours or anyone else on a fucking message board, is with Nagy, Lazor and Flip coaching, Foles WILL be the starter.

Just cause you repeat something over and over doesn't make it so.

Last edited:

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Where would this franchise be if we signed Josh McCown instead of giving Cutler that extension?

just imagine.

kg1187

Liked Posts:
How is he better? On 1st and 2 and downs? Nope.
No...no he isn't. Outside one year he went on a run in 2013 and the playoff run foles has not looked very good at all in his career.

Foles is a backup quality player who had the luxury of starting his entire career. Mitch more than likely will be a backup quality player after this year as well. Neither is better. They both suck.

Still more successful than Mitch who’s career numbers are boosted by one game.

It’s not so much that Foles is great it’s more a case of Mitch being so awful.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Anyone who thinks Mitch isn't starting week 1 is delusional.

As someone else stated, this is the emergency plan. If Mitch sucks, which will prob happen, Foles steps in around week 5-6 and takes over the rest of the season.

More than likely he won't redeem this offense, and we pick top 15 and end up taking a QB there. Then you have foles as the starter next year while we groom the pick.

This season still is very much Get Mitch or Die Tryin'

If you think Mtch beats out Foles in camp you're delusional,Foles is 100x better than Mitch and knows the offense front and back,Mitch cant even score touchdowns

Bear Nation

Liked Posts:
Great move. He’s got experience in the Nagy system and has lead his team to a championship on the biggest stage. Should make for an interesting QB competition in camp. May the best man win. Bears are going ‘all in’ for the championship this year.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Still more successful than Mitch who’s career numbers are boosted by one game.

It’s not so much that Foles is great it’s more a case of Mitch being so awful.

Foles has never passed for more than 3,000 yds in a season!

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
As I recall, Foles was praised by many for being a real standup guy. Always prepared to play and always supportive of the other QBs.
I'm just worried they’re still coddling Mitch. But, there will be a viable backup to push him, at least..

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
If Pace makes a deal you can assume he overpayed

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks