Bears trade for QB Nick Foles

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
They are not going to trade Trubisky...get over it
Nothing to get over. Just makes sense. Why hold on to him for another year and let him go the way of free agency without getting anything for him?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Best part about this is it's not Dalton and he came cheap.....worst is that we are not the Eagles.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nothing to get over. Just makes sense. Why hold on to him for another year and let him go the way of free agency without getting anything for him?

Because the Bears want Trubisky to succeed. He has a higher ceiling than Foles, but they can't afford for Trubisky to not get better.

And they don't have enough draft capital to go after a future starter.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:

Yep, takes 2 to tango for a trade to happen. To get their pick back, am sure if another GM offered a 4th for Mitch, Pace would do that deal quick. Would free up 9+ million in cap space too.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The Jags are eating just short of $19 million in dead cap towards the 2020 salary cap when they traded Foles. OUCH !!

I thought for sure the bears would have taken some of that since it was just the pre fifth round pick. They made a huge mistake with that deal, I am glad they have to pay the piper.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Good, but why the hell did we have to give up a pick? Who was competing for him??

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because the Bears want Trubisky to succeed. He has a higher ceiling than Foles, but they can't afford for Trubisky to not get better.

And they don't have enough draft capital to go after a future starter.
Mitch? Mitch Trubisky has a higher ceiling than a SB MVP? Haha, surely you jest.

HAVOCONE

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
well, they atleast filled the spot chase had. same old bears tho, throwing out picks n money for a lifetime backup.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
We all know how this is going to go. Before opening day Bears fans are going to convince themselves that some camp arm (who will spend the entire season on PS or his couch) is better than Big Dick Nick and Two Inch Mitch.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I like this move. We now have 2 guys that can win with this defense if we fix the run game.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Brace yourselves, this is going to happen. I honestly think this makes too much sense.

The Jags save almost 4 mil if they trade him. If they keep him, they pay him 22Mil to backup and 15Mil next year after even after they cut him. The team taking on Foles takes on 15Mil, but it would be NON guaranteed, meaning a negotiation would certainly be in order. His 2020 money is very similar to what Ryan Tannehill had before he renegotiated and bet on himself after being traded to the Titans.

The Jags also have a bunch of picks in the first 4 rounds. I think they'd be willing to give up one to get rid of Foles.

Foles has been with Nagy (KC), Lazor (PHI) and Flip (PHI and JAX). Think he'd jump at a chance to play in Chicago. The Bears get a QB familiar with their system (which seems to be big for Nagy, being that Daniel and Bray have hung around for a couple years), and can sell the fanbase on the fact they're getting a SB winning QB.

Told ya'll a couple weeks ago. This was always the move that was going to happen. I fully believe the Bears actually WANTED Foles.

I'm 50/50 on whether I believe the Bears actually did go after Bridgewater or if they just floated that out there to try to make the Jags more desperate. Same with the Dalton stuff. Dalton actually had a higher cap hit for 2020 and possible a higher cost in a trade.

I do believe that the Bears aren't truly done with Trubisky. As much as the world hates him, the Bears were never going to throw him aside. They want to give him another chance to be the guy, but they also want somebody they know can run the offense if he isn't. Foles has obviously run the offense before, and very well at times. And unlike Chase Daniel, he's shown he can run an offense for a prolonged time and at a championship level.

Not saying I love this move or anything, but I think this is exactly the move that Pace and Nagy and company wanted to make.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Foles' slow-azz will get crushed behind our OL. Whatta' nothing, uninspired trade vs. what was out there. Plus, I'll bet there's no QB competition. Mitch will handed the job. Again. ?

Luke

Liked Posts:
I’m sure this has been posted in some other thread(s) but I thought wth. These are his combined Reid system stats with Phi and KC. Not world beaters but I do like the 2.65/1 td/int ratio. If Mitch has a training camp like last year, Nick will definitely be the starter.

Cmp 784
Att 1244
% 63%
Yds 9113
Av 7.33
Td 61
Int 23
Rat 93.77

dennehy

Liked Posts: