Bears trade Howard to Philly for a 6th (possible 5th)

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
So Bears 2020 draft picks

2nd rd pick
2nd rd pick from Raiders
4th rd pick
4th rd pick - comp pick for Amos
5th rd pick
5th rd pick (conditional from Raiders)
5th rd pick (comp pick for Callahan possibly)
6th rd pick
6th rd pick (Eagles - possibly a 5th based on performance)
7th rd pick

I like this if this is how their 2020 draft ends up being.

Feel even better about the Mack trade then I was before.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah, and you said your piece. Now every third comment since page one is you saying the same thing over and over. Let some others give their opinion. Nobody wants to read the same thing over and over.
this guy gets mad at fonts. He is a total mental midget and best ignored.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Mike Davis isn't going to get 270 touches like Howard did. He's brought in to do the same exact thing he did in Seattle.(130 touches or so). The real question is who they get in the draft to take the other 130-150 touches.

I ain't saying howard is horrible. He's an okay back and has a place, just not on this team on a contract year. He was horrible in the scheme Nagy wants to run, its doing both sides a disservice to march him out again in 2019 on the Bears.

I think Davis could end up playing a bigger role here than many think. I could see him near 200 touches. Talking about system fits, Mike Davis is another one who wasn't suited to being Seattle's lead back, as they seem to favor a bigger inside runner and that's not Davis. He's a much better fit in this kind of offense, in my opinion. 10-20 touches a game depending on match-ups, situations etc. I think we're going to see a true committee backfield with plenty of touches to go around.

kvngace23

Liked Posts:
Not a good thing but then Nagy never did know how to operate a running game or use Jordan Properly. Next year is lining up to be a big letdown...get ready folks, the old Bears are coming back!
what? when he change the blocking scheme jordan howard has some of the best game of the season

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

The main part of that article that holds any relevance is discussing again where they go from here. I like his suggestion that we will go for a power back. It is still need to get those tough yards we currently don’t have that guy right now. That guy doesn’t need to alter the game plan or steal carries from Cohen/Davis so Down syndrome meadows won’t have a heart attack

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
but jordan howard isn't going to be the main back their so you don't how he season going to go
ESPN just
That isn't necessarily true. Not that I am necessarily on board with this sentiment, but if the Bears get better production if Cohen and Davis get more looks and produce better than Howard, then yes it is the Bears getting better.
That is a hope though, and people are making it sound like a certainty. We don't know if Cohen will hold up with more Carrie's and we don't know if Mike Davis will either. We can't say they are better until we see it work. Trading Howard is fine, but how they did it was odd. They could have gotten that same pick or better at the draft.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is a hope though, and people are making it sound like a certainty. We don't know if Cohen will hold up with more Carrie's and we don't know if Mike Davis will either. We can't say they are better until we see it work. Trading Howard is fine, but how they did it was odd. They could have gotten that same pick or better at the draft.

I agree with this. I am sure they are counting on some draft pick to produce or another trade they make...my guess is they will draft a player they like and add him to the mix. It will be an area with a question mark, however Jordan didn't exactly light it up in this offense.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not at all, you're too lazy to check the passing charts on nfl next gen stats, and def too lazy to rewatch the games.

I'm not going to change your mind. I've done this shit with you before bro. Its pointless.

NFL NEXT GEN STATS
https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/rushing#percent-eight-defenders

Its right there guys. Use it. This isn't 2016. Howard sucked in 18.

I'ma go play nba 2k now.

Lol, you talk about being to lazy to check the next gen stats but then in 2016, Howard faced 8 men 27% of the time and in 2017 like Gpphat said teams stacked the box more and he faced 8 men 43% of the time. What that tells me is that your narrative of him getting worse every year is bullshit because the decline in YPC in 2016 and 2017 is not due to him decline but due to him facing a fuck ton more stacked boxes.

And we know that in 2018, the Bears ran less zone and so his decline there is due in part to a scheme change. So the next gen stats support what Gpphat and I have been telling you. Perhaps you should go look at them again.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
NFL NEXT GEN STATS
https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/rushing#percent-eight-defenders

Its right there guys. Use it. This isn't 2016. Howard sucked in 18.

I'ma go play nba 2k now.
Thanks for that link, I see where you said that he faced the least amount of stacked boxes...but like i said earlier when a RB that is not a threat as a pass catcher steps into the game, there really isn't a need to stack the box.

Also looking at your next gen stats you claimed

I guess I was the only one who saw him dancing around in the backfield

but based off of your next gen stats, Howard's average time behond the LOS was the third least....So yes I guess you were the only one seeing him dance around the backfield.

You also keep saying that the 2017 OL was worse than the 2018 O-line:

Line was worse in 17.

But based off of football outsiders, the o-line in 2017 had worse stuffed percentage (percentage of runs where RB is stopped at or behind LOS) than in 2016 (2017 - 26%, 2018 - 20.5%)

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
But did you know that he had the 6th most carries and average THREE POINT SEVEN YARDS PER CARRY.
Next person to type any form of 3.7 YPC takes it up the arse from Hillary while fondling Trumps choad with a mouthful of his sack.

Not it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Oh hey! Can we argue in endless circles forever about a player who is gone?!?! Jesus.

Matt Nagy obviously didn't want Howard, and no one else really did either. That should be all you need to know. Unless, of course, you think you know what Nagy wants more than Nagy does.

Yes but we know he went to Pederson who is a guy that runs a similar offense and has a SB title and just beat us. So no, Pace's decision is not all we need to know. No one is arguing about knowing what Nagy wants. I am saying we have some information that once can conclude suggests he may be making a mistake and only time will tell who is right. This boils down to Pederson vs Nagy in terms of perceived value in Reid/Pederson/Nagy offensive system not Pace vs CCS fans.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Next person to type any form of 3.7 YPC takes it up the arse from Hillary while fondling Trumps choad with a mouthful of his sack.

Not it.

3.7......Now I'm imagining all the money I'll make from TMZ

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

Not it.

You act as if this would be a deterrent for @msadows

kvngace23

Liked Posts:
ESPN just

we don't know but don't act Tarik cohen going to have a horrible season, Mike davis is going to be bad ,the rookie is not going to make the roster and jordan howard is going to be a all pro rb. he didn't fit the system. Mike davis, tarik cohen and a rookie is more then likely going fit the system nagy want to run. the thing if mike davis was on the bears in 2016-2017 would he had the same numbers as jordan howard? Remember he coming from the seahawks, a team with a horrible at the time. Jordan howard had 3 pro bowl caliber to run behind. so if mike davis would of had that line would he put up the same numbers as howard?

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Thanks for that link, I see where you said that he faced the least amount of stacked boxes...but like i said earlier when a RB that is not a threat as a pass catcher steps into the game, there really isn't a need to stack the box.

Also looking at your next gen stats you claimed

but based off of your next gen stats, Howard's average time behond the LOS was the third least....So yes I guess you were the only one seeing him dance around the backfield.

You also keep saying that the 2017 OL was worse than the 2018 O-line:

But based off of football outsiders, the o-line in 2017 had worse stuffed percentage (percentage of runs where RB is stopped at or behind LOS) than in 2016 (2017 - 26%, 2018 - 20.5%)

It's done, he's gone. There's no point in rehashing all of these idiotic, pedantic arguments. You want to talk about Eagles' players, here:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I mean 90% of the posts on this board are people assuming things.

So what do you think Pace will do from here about the RB position? I'm thinking Mizzell will get cut, Nall will be back on the PS and he's gonna sign a free agent (S.Ware, TJ Yeldon, TY Montgomery) and draft a RB and probably grab one or two in UDFA to bring in a get a good look at. Wonder if they'd take a chance on a guy like J.Ajayi on a cheap one year deal and maybe fill it with some incentives? When healthy he's a good 3 down all around RB but just can't make it through a full season healthy.

I would think they draft someone although not exactly sure where in the draft they are targeting. I suspect a BPA within reason approach so will depend on who is there at their picks.

kvngace23

Liked Posts:
Can we just pull a jordan howard and forget about it (get it when jordan howard deleted all of his bears picture from ig from the John fox era).

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's done, he's gone. There's no point in rehashing all of these idiotic, pedantic arguments. You want to talk about Eagles' players, here:

We want to talk trading a useful playoff to someone who knocked us out of the playoffs. He is gone but doesn't mean he can't come back to haunt us. Few would likely care if he were traded to the Dolphins for example.

kvngace23

Liked Posts:
We want to talk trading a useful playoff to someone who knocked us out of the playoffs. He is gone but doesn't mean he can't come back to haunt us. Few would likely care if he were traded to the Dolphins for example.
bro players get trade all the time chill out i just wish that one of these bears players can look at this thread. it going to light a big fire under then. they own fans don't has trust in them

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
bro players get trade all the time chill out i just wish that one of these bears players can look at this thread. it going to light a big fire under then. they own fans don't has trust in them

And sometimes teams win and sometimes teams lose on trades. Time will tell where the Bears end up.

Have the Bears won something for the fans to put blind trust in them?

Last edited: