Bears trade Howard to Philly for a 6th (possible 5th)

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nah, just consider the source and move on.

I have one poster on ignore from before the migration, and if I click on my username>ignoring he's still listed there.

Maybe we just cannot put people on ignore or the feature hasn't been enabled yet?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I have one poster on ignore from before the migration, and if I click on my username>ignoring he's still listed there.

Maybe we just cannot put people on ignore or the feature hasn't been enabled yet?
Click the posters avatar and you are one click away from ignoring someone

I don’t get why so many are so sensitive to what’s being posted on an anonymous forum that they need to put someone on ignore. Some people need to grow up

Visionman

Liked Posts:

I don’t get why so many are so sensitive to what’s being posted on an anonymous forum that they need to put someone on ignore. Some people need to grow up
It cleans the place up. Less junk posts to have to wade through in every thread...

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:

I feel the same way. I have one person on ignore because they turned into a little stalker that primarily posts right after I do with some disparaging remarks. It's not being sensitive; it just got annoying. To me, that's the person that needs to grow up.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Dude it’s just bears fan coping.

This guy even thinks haha is just as good as Amos - he said we only are worse at nickel back. We also lost our DC.

Back to howard - I wouldn’t say elite, his numbers say he’s definitely great. Eye test says he’s at the very least good and not some sort of addition by subtraction bullshit. As far as I’m concerned they just cut him.

If a “brilliant” head coach cannot use a good player the coach has a problem.

RIght, totally. He should alter everything about his offense to accommodate one average player. That makes sense. Rather then improving your team, make sure everything you do is to ensure that your god damned running back is taken care of. Seriously.

"So you're a one dimensional zone runner who can't catch! No problem. Let me limit what my offense can do so you can get your meaningless rushing yards! AND you play a totally unimportant and utterly replaceable position in modern offenses?! WOW! At this rate we'll be back to the glory years of John Fox in no time!"

And Fangio doesn't play a position last time no checked. But, okay, I guess it's the Bears fault that their DC left to be a Head Coach. And yes, Clinton-Dix is at least as good as Amos. I'll wait for you to explain the numerous other positions that the Bears are worse off at.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
We want to talk trading a useful playoff to someone who knocked us out of the playoffs. He is gone but doesn't mean he can't come back to haunt us. Few would likely care if he were traded to the Dolphins for example.
well if he could of averaged more then 3.5 ypc that game maybe they dont get knocked out..

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can Bears fans help me understand one thing: why did Philly, he runs a similar RPO offense like our beloved, give up a draft pick for such a bum of a RB who is "one dimensional" "can't catch" and "was never going to make the 53 roster"?

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Can Bears fans help me understand one thing: why did Philly, he runs a similar RPO offense like our beloved, give up a draft pick for such a bum of a RB who is "one dimensional" "can't catch" and "was never going to make the 53 roster"?

Because Philly uses running backs differently then the Bears do. Or do you think the Pace and Nagy are so clueless that they let an "elite" player go because they can't figure out how to use him?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Because Philly uses running backs differently then the Bears do. Or do you think the Pace and Nagy are so clueless that they let an "elite" player go because they can't figure out how to use him?

Nagy is still learning how to be a play caller and is still learning period since he only called plays in 4 games in his life before we got him as our HC. He knows what he wants and all we can do is hope Pace gets him what he wants and then that what he wants is what works for us and our system. Trading Howard could absolutely turn into a mistake and Howard could run like he did his first two years in the league and Philly could even use him in the passing game if they think he can be productive there for them. I know he's playing for a new contract so not only is that gonna motivate him but i'm sure he has a huge chip on his shoulder now for not only getting traded but getting traded for a 6th (hopefully a 5th) round pick. I hope he has a good year for them. My only care about RB now is what we do to replace him and if we produce in that department next year. If we don't and Howard has a good year and the Eagles have a better year then us then that'll suck, but i can't hate on Nagy for getting Pace to get him the type of RB's he wants for his system.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
We aren't looking to replace Howard's production. We traded him because this team is going a completely different direction at RB.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nobody said elite but I see you are quite defensive if anyone dare question a Ryan Pace decision LMAO.

I'm not opposed to trading Howard at all, I'm opposed to only getting a late 6th round pick in 2020 for him. This move does squat for the 2019 Bears but creates a hole and no draft capital to fill that hole.

If the Super Bowl champ Eagles want Howard I do question if the Bears could have carved a role out for him. You say Eagles will use him in a different role. Maybe they are looking for a guy who they can feed the ball to in the 4th quarter to ice a game, or take over a game with nasty field and weather conditions in Nov-Jan. I would like to see how many late 6th round picks perform like Howard, let alone even sniff an NFL roster.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Um, Howard was a 5th round pick.

The issue isn't whether he's a vg back, he is but only from a deep set, running zone. Otherwise he's not special at all. Nagy sees that set as more limiting, which it is, by taking away some things from an O and giving a D less to consider. There is no real right or wrong about it but this choice is a fine and valid one for an O looking to expand and not contract it's options. Basically, Nagy's O is founded in RPO and you simply can't run that from a deep set. You can have plays for Jordan or finish games out when you have a lead but he shouldn't be the your lead back in this O. This move was best for all concerned and I'm sure Howard welcomed it. Eagles are more of a diversified West Coast O and Howard can run a wheel route even if he's not a versatile route runner. They'll be able to use him better and need somebody until Ajayi is 100%

Last edited:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nobody said elite but I see you are quite defensive if anyone dare question a Ryan Pace decision LMAO.

I'm not opposed to trading Howard at all, I'm opposed to only getting a late 6th round pick in 2020 for him. This move does squat for the 2019 Bears but creates a hole and no draft capital to fill that hole.

If the Super Bowl champ Eagles want Howard I do question if the Bears could have carved a role out for him. You say Eagles will use him in a different role. Maybe they are looking for a guy who they can feed the ball to in the 4th quarter to ice a game, or take over a game with nasty field and weather conditions in Nov-Jan. I would like to see how many late 6th round picks perform like Howard, let alone even sniff an NFL roster.

This question would be better served by meadows. When debating this point yesterday, he refuted stats with "he watches Eagles games at his buddy's house" as solid evidence.

I don't mean to disparage meadows, he knows more about football than I care to, but it was funny.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This question would be better served by meadows. When debating this point yesterday, he refuted stats with "he watches Eagles games at his buddy's house" as solid evidence.

I don't mean to disparage meadows, he knows more about football than I care to, but it was funny.
3.7 ypc !!!!!!!!

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:

They have a role for running backs that can't catch. LeGarrette Blount and Josh Adams have been those guys for them. Blount had 170 or so carries and I think 8 targets in 2017. That's Howard's role there. Nagy falls more info Reid's style of having backs who can run and catch. Simply put, they have different philosophies despite speaking the same "language".

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Nagy is limited as a play caller, so we had to get rid of a good player.