Bears trade Howard to Philly for a 6th (possible 5th)

EL ROCKSTEADY

CBMB Refugee
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A 6th in return... I dont understand. He was a high caliber starting RB with a down year because of scheme. I would have kept him. Worth more than a 6th to have him on the team for another year, unless he was planning on holding out. We will see. I don't expect a trade up from the Bears.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Have you paid attention to the pick?

It is a 6th rounder (with a chance of a 5th rounder) in the 2020 draft.

That makes it a 7th rounder (with a chance of a 6th rounder) in the 2019 draft. That sucks.

I didn't think they would be able to get anything for him.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im aware that Howard didnt fit the system and I'm also aware that his production was diminishing per season BUT let's be real he was our best RB and we traded him for some Fritos, the chilli lime kind and too an already good team. This is ugly right now
We averaged nearly double the yardage per play with Cohen in. It wasn’t like 4 something for Howard and 7 something for Cohen.
You got to take what you can get. We got an asset for a player that we had no intention of keeping and that was a bad fit.

He wasn't good last season. He is a poor scheme fit and he has declined the last 3 years.

My only frustration is that we did not get a 2019 pick. The Bears could have really used a 2019 pick for him.
Bro 3.7ypc is bad. He hinders the offense

We just got better by getting rid of him.
yeah but that's only if we trade it away. in 2020 it's still a 6th (possible 5th).

A lot of Bears executives online tonight

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
It cracks me up that there are clowns on this forum that they think they know what the Bears need more than Nagy and Pace.

Fucking hilarious really... Keep up the good work ladies.

I heard the same comments with JA and Emery, and I replied that - yes, I do know more than those guys. But Pace is a cut above, how high will ultimately be determined by our QB.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Lol that anyone is upset we got a 6th instead of a 5th, the market has spoken - that’s all he was worth.

Mitchapalooza

I loved Howard but I'm gonna trust Nagy, a rookie coach who went 12-4, on this one. If he wants someone more explosive in the backfield then let's see who he goes after. The compensation does suck but that's what his value seemed to be.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't care what anyone says, it would have been better to keep him for one more year and let him walk than trade him for a crappy, 6th round potential practice squad guy in 2020.

Maybe we can draft a HOF punter with that pick. Silver linings, y'all.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lemming said earlier today, May 6th or 7th, is when you can sign FA's without it affecting comp picks, so it could be something that they sign someone like a Spencer Ware if he is still available at that time.
Yeah for all we know they may think this RB class sucks and they sign a guy like Spencer Ware after the draft.

HAVOCONE

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
only thing sux about the trade is, it isn't going to be a low 6th or even a low 5th. eagles are picking close to last. wish we could have gotten atleast a 4th, but hey, knowing pace and how aggressive he's been in the draft, we may end up with a top notch RB. who knows.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
only thing sux about the trade is, it isn't going to be a low 6th or even a low 5th. eagles are picking close to last. wish we could have gotten atleast a 4th, but hey, knowing pace and how aggressive he's been in the draft, we may end up with a top notch RB. who knows.
So you think Howard puts Philly over the top? LOL!

wisconsinbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Nagy is fucking Special person and has only actively hurt the team since we hired him.
C1mGBSvWEAANu9k.jpg

Speed

Liked Posts:
Damn I wish we could have sold higher on him.

Great kid, great story, he gave it his all here. It's unfortunate he wasn't a better fit.

I wish JHow well. Hopefully he plays himself into a check big enough to retire on.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I don't care what anyone says, it would have been better to keep him for one more year and let him walk than trade him for a crappy, 6th round potential practice squad guy in 2020.

Maybe we can draft a HOF punter with that pick. Silver linings, y'all.
True. And then he averages 3.7ypc again and makes the team worse, but all that matters isn’t that halftime is happy.

The major issue isn’t that he was just a bad fit, it was that he would be taking away snaps from better players who are better fits