Bears trade Howard to Philly for a 6th (possible 5th)

Mitchapalooza

Nagy is fucking Special person and has only actively hurt the team since we hired him.

tenor.gif

Canth

Liked Posts:
There's going to be a lot of butthurt when we're 3rd & inches on the goal line and we can't punch it in.

Eh, I get what you are saying, but it's not like Howard never had a goal line fumble (Miami). Plus, the blocking up front will have more to say than anything else in that situation. That close, I would expect Mike Davis can punch that in or you can qb sneak it in just as easily.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Don't mind that we traded him and don't mind the comp. The issue is we traded him to a contender that just finished knocking us out of playoffs. Not sure why we help competitors take low risk gambles that could pay off for them.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Lemming said earlier today, May 6th or 7th, is when you can sign FA's without it affecting comp picks, so it could be something that they sign someone like a Spencer Ware if he is still available at that time.
No, just go with a rookie. They already have Mike Davis.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Don't mind that we traded him and don't mind the comp. The issue is we traded him to a contender that just finished knocking us out of playoffs. Not sure why we help competitors take low risk gambles that could pay off for them.
Agree, that is the only thing I do not like about the trade but it is what it is.

Canth

Liked Posts:
As I have seen mentioned a couple of times, the interesting thing in all this to me is that both Pederson and Nagy come from the Reid coaching tree, based on the West Coast Offense. So, why is Jordan Howard a fit for one but not the other? The only thing I can think of is a difference in the blocking up front. Does anyone know if the Eagle use a particularly different blocking scheme vs what Nagy and Hiestand have put in place with the Bears?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It cracks me up that there are clowns on this forum that they think they know what the Bears need more than Nagy and Pace.

Fucking hilarious really... Keep up the good work ladies.

Problem with this logic is they traded with a team that has a recent SB and knocked them out of playoffs last year.

So not really hard to imagine Roseman got the better of Pace as he has down so the past few years already.

HAVOCONE

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you think Howard puts Philly over the top? LOL!
Not sure where you even got or read that LOL. what i was saying is, i wish we got a better pick. philly is drafting high.not in the front, or the middle of the draft, but towards the end.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Remember when Rory’s shit on you for saying they might want to expand cohens role...

Lol

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Problem with this logic is they traded with a team that has a recent SB and knocked them out of playoffs last year.

So not really hard to imagine Roseman got the better of Pace as he has down so the past few years already.

Tj Yeldon please. Draft best RB in the 3rd or 4th. Cut mizzell.

Cohen/Davis/Yeldon/Rookie

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There's going to be a lot of butthurt when we're 3rd & inches on the goal line and we can't punch it in.

I believe Mike Davis converted short yardage runs at the same rate as Howard.

Also, it might be 3rd and 1 because Howard got you 2 yards on 1st down and then was not a threat on 2nd down in the pass game so the defense double Robinson and you were forced to take 8 yards to Burton instead of the bigger play.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
276 touches

10 explosive plays

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Howard was productive on bad offenses and bad teams.

Fox lined up and ran zone left and zone right over and over again, which is what Howard does well. It was not creative, dynamic, they did not score points, or win games. But Howard had big numbers.

Now they want to be creative, dynamic, and explosive and that requires a player at RB who can do more than run zone left over and over again.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sign Spencer Ware
Draft Trayveon Williams

Davis
Ware
Cohen
Williams

All can run and all can catch.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I hate the fuckin' Eagles man

Why, they will have given us 2 draft picks in the last 2 drafts.

We knocked ourselves out of the playoffs by not replacing Parkey sooner.

Havenless

Liked Posts:
Why, they will have given us 2 draft picks in the last 2 drafts.

We knocked ourselves out of the playoffs by not replacing Parkey sooner.

You don’t get a 2019 pick for Jordan, it’s a 2020 6th, which has the value of a 2019 7th. Might as well have held onto him at that point.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You don’t get a 2019 pick for Jordan, it’s a 2020 6th, which has the value of a 2019 7th. Might as well have held onto him at that point.

I meant to say in the NEXT 2 drafts.

We have a 7th this season for Hall and a 6th next year for Howard.

Keeping him is pointless if he makes the offense worst when he is on the field. Like keeping a cavity.