Bears trade Howard to Philly for a 6th (possible 5th)

Washington

Liked Posts:
To me, the writing was on the wall in that Nagy did not feel like Howard was a good fit for his offense. So, instead of getting nothing for him, he got something. Obviously, Howard's perceived value was not what many here think it should be. I think the RB position will be fine and maybe even more dynamic next year with Davis. We know Nagy loves his RB by committee as well.

Philly is basically renting Howard this year for a 6th. I don't see Howard getting a big deal after next year so I don't see Philly getting much of a comp pick, if any.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Do the Bears have a legit kicker yet?

Can anybody honestly say the Bears improved this offseason?

The Eagles gave a 4th rd pick to Miami for a less accomplished RB just 2 years ago.

The Bears are all in on a scheme that only gave their best offense player the ball 4x in a playoff game.

Just some questions floating in my head on this fine evening.

Last edited:

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:

The Eagles gave a 4th rd pick to Miami for a less accomplished RB just 2 years ago.

The Bears are all in on a scheme that only gave their best offense player the ball 4x in a playoff game.

The idea that improvement only comes from outside acquisitions is false. The offense should take a huge leap in year two, everyone knows the offense and the coaches know the players. I think the defense can be even better, I'm looking at a defense with Mack in place and I have high expectations for Roquan Smith.

The Bears have a very strong roster, they've been big spenders in free agency, and this was not a good crop of Free Agents anyways. Bears fans should be excited, but of course, they aren't.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

They gave that 4th round pick for a guy coming off a pro bowl with 1272 yards and a 4.9 average the previous year. A year they were on a SB run. If He didn't get an ACL in week 5, this trade may never have happened.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
They gave that 4th round pick for a guy coming off a pro bowl with 1272 yards and a 4.9 average the previous year. A year they were on a SB run. If He didn't get an ACL in week 5, this trade may never have happened.

Yeah didn't he have like 2 or 3 200+ yard games that year?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Beats me. Just an example of what RBs coming off great years get on trade. My jaw dropped when I heard what Bell got from the Jets.Now that seemed crazy to me.
I thought we'd get 1 or 2 round better on trade but it may still turn out that way (5th). JH's greatest attribute is availability so could make some upgrade stipulation.
He may also have quietly asked to leave.

Last edited:

DeathByBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Of course they improved, year 3 for Trubisky, second year in the offense. This is where the big leap will happen.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
This thread is filled with so much Bears fan cope it’s funny. Reality is this move kinda stinks like moving Olsen - if your head coach does not think a good player fits the system, it’s a problem with the coach.

He’s a good running back. Every analysis of the week would have in it when talking matchups. You know Nagy is somewhat stupid when he would run Mizzel or whatever the fuck his name is instead of Howard.

It’s a different story if you trade him for something like a 4th this year. Basically, Pace could have just cut him because the trade won’t positively affect this team.

The bears have become worse at many positions this off-season. Everyone is just praying Trubisky getting better masks it all.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
This thread is filled with so much Bears fan cope it’s funny. Reality is this move kinda stinks like moving Olsen - if your head coach does not think a good player fits the system, it’s a problem with the coach.

He’s a good running back. Every analysis of the week would have in it when talking matchups. You know Nagy is somewhat stupid when he would run Mizzel or whatever the fuck his name is instead of Howard.

It’s a different story if you trade him for something like a 4th this year. Basically, Pace could have just cut him because the trade won’t positively affect this team.

The bears have become worse at many positions this off-season. Everyone is just praying Trubisky getting better masks it all.

Many positions? Bullshit. The only position they are worse at is nickel. That's it. And the off-season isn't close to over. I might remind you that Khalil Mack as a Bear was a pipe dream at this point last year. Long way to go.

Olsen was an elite talent, Howard is, by every metric, average. The Bears will be better with a back that fits Nagy's system then altering their system to fit one average player.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Howard is, by every metric, average.
He has the 3rd most rushing yards the past three years. Now imagine if he had started from the first game his rookie year instead of much later like he did. Now imagine that Nagy had used him better last year. He could have been #2 or crazily, #1.

Sorry, but by the top metric for a running back, rushing yards, Howard is elite.

Let's think about the top metric for a running back. Quick, who are the 2 running backs with the top career rushing yards per carry record (no fair looking)? Bonus question: who are the 2 players with the top career rushing yards per carry record (no fair looking)?
Now tell me who are the top 2 running backs with career rushing yard total?

Answers: the top 2 running backs with career yards per carry are Marion Motley (5.7) and Jamaal Charles (5.4). The top 2 players with career yards per carry are Michael Vick (7.0) and Randall Cunningham (6.4). The top 2 running backs career rushing yards are obvious and you should be ashamed for not knowing.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
He has the 3rd most rushing yards the past three years. Now imagine if he had started from the first game his rookie year instead of much later like he did. Now imagine that Nagy had used him better last year. He could have been #2 or crazily, #1.

Sorry, but by the top metric for a running back, rushing yards, Howard is elite.

Let's think about the top metric for a running back. Quick, who are the 2 running backs with the top career rushing yards per carry record (no fair looking)? Bonus question: who are the 2 players with the top career rushing yards per carry record (no fair looking)?
Now tell me who are the top 2 running backs with career rushing yard total?

Answers: the top 2 running backs with career yards per carry are Marion Motley (5.7) and Jamaal Charles (5.4). The top 2 players with career yards per carry are Michael Vick (7.0) and Randall Cunningham (6.4). The top 2 running backs career rushing yards are obvious and you should be ashamed for not knowing.
Dude it’s just bears fan coping.

This guy even thinks haha is just as good as Amos - he said we only are worse at nickel back. We also lost our DC.

Back to howard - I wouldn’t say elite, his numbers say he’s definitely great. Eye test says he’s at the very least good and not some sort of addition by subtraction bullshit. As far as I’m concerned they just cut him.

If a “brilliant” head coach cannot use a good player the coach has a problem.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Dude it’s just bears fan coping.

This guy even thinks haha is just as good as Amos - he said we only are worse at nickel back. We also lost our DC.

Back to howard - I wouldn’t say elite, his numbers say he’s definitely great. Eye test says he’s at the very least good and not some sort of addition by subtraction bullshit. As far as I’m concerned they just cut him.

If a “brilliant” head coach cannot use a good player the coach has a problem.
Have fun cheering for Philly then.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Didn't Cam Meredith get about 50 pages when he left too? Yes, we know, Howard and Cohen both were criminally under utilized in the Eagles game. But Howard wasn't coming back after next year, the Bears got a guaranteed comp pick for him a year early. Quit crying about losing one player, Pats do this shit all the time. He will be replaced

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Didn't Cam Meredith get about 50 pages when he left too? Yes, we know, Howard and Cohen both were criminally under utilized in the Eagles game. But Howard wasn't coming back after next year, the Bears got a guaranteed comp pick for him a year early. Quit crying about losing one player, Pats do this shit all the time. He will be replaced
This. I probably would have kept him around this year for that value but I get it.