Bears tried to trade quarterback Nick Foles to the Eagles & other teams but nobody wants him

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No reason to cut Foles he is a good backup qb. In fact he plays his best in relief. He has a decent salary for the next two years why get rid of him unless they get good draft compensation? They will just need to sign a backup next year anyways. In fact Dalton makes more sense to be cut or traded as long as Fields is ready.
Dalton’s cap hit doubles if you cut him.

Foles was good in relief a couple times for Philly and everywhere else has been a football abomination.

Foles salary next year is 10 million. We save 7 million by cutting him. The only thing decent about his salary is that we can save it.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
They aren’t the same level.

They had to have a QB they could start in case the draft didn’t work out.

Foles is horrendous and unplayable. The magic is gone, he isn’t convincing anyone anymore than he can start games.

They are very much on the same level Dalton is just the $hit you aint smelt yet but it will hit by week one .

In the last 5 years

Foles :

won a SB in one year
Won a playoff game against us the other year

Dalton :

made the pro bowl as the alternate for the 6-9 Bengals 5 years ago
played with the best offense in the worst division last year and failed to make the playoffs

They signed Dalton because they had to sell the meatballs that they are doing things because after all its the meatballs who blame Foles for last year . Somehow Foles is to blame yet these same meatballs are saying dont play Fields until we know the oline is sacrifice Dalton ?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They are very much on the same level Dalton is just the $hit you aint smelt yet but it will hit by week one .

In the last 5 years

Foles :

won a SB in one year

Dalton :

played with the best offense in the worst division last year and failed to make the playoffs

They signed Dalton because they had to sell the meatballs that they are doing things because after all its the meatballs who blame Foles for last year . Somehow Foles is to blame yet these same meatballs are saying dont play Fields until we know the oline is sacrifice Dalton ?

In the last 5 years

Foles :

won a SB in one year

Dalton :

Those are team accomplishments.

Dalton’s production dwarfs Foles. Last season he was significantly better for Dallas than Foles was for us.

Dalton is much better than Foles. Foles played well for 4 games and some how convinced everyone he was not awful.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
We can always hope for an injury.
Harding.jpg

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Cut Nagy not Foles. You could tell Foles was completely frustrated with Nagy and how he was running the offense. This is why I’d rather sit Fields for the season and bring in a new coach for next season.
Please drop it already. lol Nagy is not going anywhere for the next two seasons.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I see Foles holding the clipboard all season. Might even get backup duty if Dalton is hurt early on. It sounds like the last thing Nagy wants to do is rush Fields onto the field.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be shocked if Foles is cut before camp. He offers absolutely nothing to the Bears. Another stupid/bad FA signing.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be shocked if Foles is cut before camp. He offers absolutely nothing to the Bears. Another stupid/bad FA signing.
So you missed the entire thread? Why would they cut him when it costs more to cut him than have him on the roster and the team has almost no cap space. It isn't happening

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you missed the entire thread? Why would they cut him when it costs more to cut him than have him on the roster and the team has almost no cap space. It isn't happening
Well 1) I didn't say they would I said I wouldn't be shocked if they did and 2) they have carried Trey Burton's dead money for 3 years (among others) to the tune of $17M for 2021. It's not unheard of.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Well 1) I didn't say they would I said I wouldn't be shocked if they did and 2) they have carried Trey Burton's dead money for 3 years (among others) to the tune of $17M for 2021.
When they had cap space to actually do that

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As a 6/1 cut, he costs about the same either way. That said, there's no point in moving him before the 53. Other teams may develop a need or Foles may decide he doesn't like the closet and chooses to leave. The last 2 years are voidable by Foles but not sure under what circumstances.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Patients, because someone is going to need a QB and Foles could be a good backup.

If we have Pre-season games I could see them not wanting to get Dalton or Fields hurt so Foles will get a lot of snaps and will likely look good at times, thus increasing his value.

If it is going to hurt our cap, then cutting him does not make sense with the 55 man roster, and he can be inactive on Game day unless he is needed but still help on the sideline with Fields.

He still has some value to the team, just not as much as his salary. Nothing we can do about it this year.

Additionally, if Foles actually wants to be a coach, this could be his opportunity to work with the staff....

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Foles trade didn't work, but makes no sense to cut him now. Just hold on to him for the time, maybe he will be an asset to Fields. Hope for some QB needy team to trade for him during the season if their starter goes down and maybe Pace can get a 6th back.