Bears tried to trade quarterback Nick Foles to the Eagles & other teams but nobody wants him

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Somethings up. Nagy and Pace haven’t mentioned him once since the draft as being part of the competition.

cobra302

Liked Posts:
Umm, he does have a Super Bowl ring. A bit hard to understand his sudden downfall from that.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
“BREAKING NEWS”

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Tom Brady has officially blackballed Foles from the league.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Nobody wants to give up a pick just to pay him the remainder of a bad contract. But if/when he gets cut, someone will sign him. Bears cleared some cap room, they can afford to cut him and take the extra cap hit. No real reason to have him on the roster.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Obviously bears would trade him for literally anything

They would prob pay a team to take him

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
What a dumb trade. Gave up a 4th that they really could have used this year and how much cap ? At least he called out Nagy though lol
That’s the part I don’t get. How the fuck you give a 4 th round pick and take on that contract? A real gm would have taken a pick for doing the Jaguars a favor.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
That’s the part I don’t get. How the fuck you give a 4 th round pick and take on that contract? A real gm would have taken a pick for doing the Jaguars a favor.
Yep and then gave 10 million to Andy Dalton.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I’m more mad at the Dalton signing than Foles.

They already made a mistake trading for Foles, so what does Pace do? Double down and a similar backup level stiff in Dalton. Just utter nonsense.
NO

And I hate Dalton as a QB. There was no guarntee that Fields would drop to them, a lot of shit had to transpire for that to happen. If they don't sign Dalton, you're left with Foles if Fields doesn't become available. They had to get somebody.....coming back with one of the two stiffs that put them into position of saving their jobs would've really greased the skids for them. While I don't like the signing, I do understand it.

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The WORST case scenario is we have a guy who won a Super Bowl in the room where we're developing our franchise QB. By all accounts he seems to be a good communicator, high character guy and no doubt will be able to happily share his knowledge/experience with Fields.

If Dalton starts - and I really hope he does. Then Foles is on the sidelines with Fields on gamely talking him through things and bouncing ideas off him.

The investment in not rushing Fields into starting and surrounding him with experienced QB talent could easily be worth the money and picks if it leads to him being the player we all hope he can be for the Bears over the next 10 to 15 years.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I’m more mad at the Dalton signing than Foles.

They already made a mistake trading for Foles, so what does Pace do? Double down and a similar backup level stiff in Dalton. Just utter nonsense.
Bears gave up and spent more for Foles than they did Dalton. It was pretty obvious during the off-season that Foles was the odd man out.