Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
here is the tweet

Jason Cole - According to multiple sources, #Bears and LB/DE Willie Young in talks on a 2-year contract extension. Could be done soon, but not definite.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Nice. Being in between scheme fits isn't the worst when you have players like Young as backups.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I'm surprised. I thought for sure he'd be traded around the trading deadline to a team playing a 4-3. I know he said he'd prefer to play DE in a 4-3. I personally like Willie and think he's been a great bargain for us. I'd like to see him extended but he just didn't seem to me to be a FoxPace kinda dude. If he does not sign an extension, I still think he'd be moved if they can find a taker.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Love what Willie has given us, but he'll be 31 in Week 2 and a 2-year extension would take him thru his age 33 season. Fortunately, he's not a guy with a ton of wear and tear on his body. He had the Achilles injury late, but he's missed very little time in his career, but also never been a guy that has gotten a ton of full-time snaps. I guess I'm ok with this move, but it doesn't make sense with the recent history of moves by this team.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
I'm surprised. I thought for sure he'd be traded around the trading deadline to a team playing a 4-3. I know he said he'd prefer to play DE in a 4-3. I personally like Willie and think he's been a great bargain for us. I'd like to see him extended but he just didn't seem to me to be a FoxPace kinda dude. If he does not sign an extension, I still think he'd be moved if they can find a taker.

Yeah, it seemed like everyone and their mother was expecting him to be traded at around this time last year, myself included. It certainly made sense for that to happen. But not only did he have a good year, now it's being reported that the Bears want to extend him. Good for him!

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
He had his hand in the dirt a good amount of time that he was rushing so he was probably much happier after realizing this is how they would utilize him. But first time in a 3-4 coming off an injury he should be better as should everyone else who was on this team last year.

Baredown3rdplace

Liked Posts:
If he isn't extended here and playing for us, it's a good possibility he'd end up playing against us.

There's a lot of chatter amongst Lion fans about the possibility of WY returning. Despite having Ansah they are a little thin at DE, and really only need another DE to round off their defense.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is great news and a little unexpected. Mostly surprised if Young is willing to extend his stay here in the 3-4. With that said in nickle downs he is pretty much a 4-3 DE anyways.

As far as Mongo goes I'm sure he will spin this as meaning that the coaching staff has already declared Floyd a bust *sigh*

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
This is great news and a little unexpected. Mostly surprised if Young is willing to extend his stay here in the 3-4. With that said in nickle downs he is pretty much a 4-3 DE anyways.

As far as Mongo goes I'm sure he will spin this as meaning that the coaching staff has already declared Floyd a bust *sigh*

Anyone that would say something like that would be a total schmuck. You can never have too many pass rushers. It's the most important position on the defense and 2nd most important behind QB.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He deserves it.

Waves, and waves, and waves of pass rushers. You need to have more than 2 guys who can threaten an offense.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
I think Fangio has shown Willie how flexible the scheme is and Young is a lengthy guy that Fangio tends to covet. Fresh legs are always welcome in the rush game.