Bears turned down Foles trades

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Today at bears practice, Foles said if he gets traded, he wants to be traded to a team he is comfortable with.

Said he turned down opportunities to be dealt elsewhere earlier this offseason. Said he's a better player than he was when he went to the #SuperBowl and wants to go to a good fit, if he's moved.

Does he have a no trade clause in his contract?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Yeah, that's what I was wondering. Can he turn down trades? Or perhaps he flat out said he wouldn't play for team X and they backed off.

Idk, how this works...

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Foles does not have a no trade clause.

He was going to be traded to the Eagles but did not want to go....the Eagles felt the locker room would be better without him when they found that out.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
So, he does not have a No Trade clause, but is rejecting trades?

That dog don’t hunt.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Today at bears practice, Foles said if he gets traded, he wants to be traded to a team he is comfortable with.

Said he turned down opportunities to be dealt elsewhere earlier this offseason. Said he's a better player than he was when he went to the #SuperBowl and wants to go to a good fit, if he's moved.

Does he have a no trade clause in his contract?

Foles was a massive mistake. 2nd only to Trubisky.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
My guess is that the trade hinges on reworking his contract. He can refuse to do that and kill a trade in that manner.
Ahhh...that might be it.

I vaguely remember something about thus with Russell Wilson in the off-season.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I don't get why the Bears are putting what Nick wants ahead of what's better for the organization.
The offers for foles are likely conditional picks so if he no shows after a trade we get doo doo. That’s prob why they are being so accommodating to him

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Foles has already publicly contemplated retirement (a few years ago) and he seems like the kind of dude who would retire rather than be in a situation he didn't want to be in. Not easy to trade a guy like that if he doesn't want to go.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
there isn't a no trade clause

I stand corrected

According to Tyler Dunne, Nick Foles refused to go willingly to Philadelphia. Foles does not have a no-trade clause like Russell Wilson does, but apparently, one source said that when the Eagles found out Foles did not want to return to Philly, the team was no longer interested in making a deal happen.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I stand corrected

According to Tyler Dunne, Nick Foles refused to go willingly to Philadelphia. Foles does not have a no-trade clause like Russell Wilson does, but apparently, one source said that when the Eagles found out Foles did not want to return to Philly, the team was no longer interested in making a deal happen.
It's the same situation that resulted in us getting turned down for Wentz. Once Wentz communicated he didn't want to be here, the Bears were no longer interested in trading capital for him.

With QBs, it seems they get special treatment. They are the leader of your franchise and if they aren't fully on board then it's not gonna work

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Foles is being a bitch. This is maybe something a starting QB could do, but he should know by now that’s he’s a journeyman backup QB.

Last edited: