Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
BUMP

Like I said, Ryan Pace putting Nick Foles' wants before the needs of the Chicago Bears. God awful GM.
Making a big deal about the car Trubisky drove.
Promising multiple shit QB's the undisputed starting position.
Turning down trade that would save the owners and salary cap $M's for the "feels" of a 3rd string QB.
Sticking with an Arena League QB wannabe HC with his Arena League playbook beyond despite his clear inability to perform his most basic duties as HC.

Whatever his dysfunction is, it is magnified when it comes to his decisions concerning past and present NFL and other "professional" QB's .

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Making a big deal about the car Trubisky drove.
Promising multiple shit QB's the undisputed starting position.
Turning down trade that would save the owners and salary cap $M's for the "feels" of a 3rd string QB.
Sticking with an Arena League QB wannabe HC with his Arena League playbook beyond despite his clear inability to perform his most basic duties as HC.

Whatever his dysfunction is, it is magnified when it comes to his decisions concerning past and present NFL and other "professional" QB's .
You cant forget not even meeting with Watson, the most pro-ready and best resumed QB of that draft. I would have canned him as soon as that story came out.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
My team has just got to be the only team in pro sports that (a) hands out promise bracelets for starting jobs to sorry FA's w/o competing... and (b) won't trade useless players for some value in return because "the player doesn't wanna play for the other team".

VRKW.gif
Well he did order a case of these when he got hired, so...

1630338014459.png

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've never heard of a GM cucking himself like this

It's the same GM that traded above himself in a draft. That alone should have been enough to raise the red flags.

How he survived that pick not even being a starting caliber player is completely beyond my level of comprehension.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Can we please interview Foles ?

Ask him to pick from the Five likeliest teams that would want him, if he would go there, then talk to the GM.

Make him feel 'guilty' about taking up a roster spot for someone new to the NFL

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Any comment @dabears70? Now that this has been brought up again, I'll let you know that the first time around it was tweeted by either Hoge or Jahns. Now we have it in Sports Illustrated by Albert Breer. I know its not as reputable as Sportsmockery's Erik Lamebert but it's something.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Any comment @dabears70? Now that this has been brought up again, I'll let you know that the first time around it was tweeted by either Hoge or Jahns. Now we have it in Sports Illustrated by Albert Breer. I know its not as reputable as Sportsmockery's Erik Lamebert but it's something.
tua-rent.gif

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Same here. Why is Foles getting special treatment? What has he done to deserve it?

I wonder if the bears asked for Anthony Miller’s blessing before trading to Houston. Lol
Blessing
Houston
Pick one

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
The Ryan Reynold's gif of him saying "but why?" is my reaction to every single thing I read about Foles and giving him a de-facto no-trade clause. But why?
Them only trading him to a team of his choosing is their acknowledgement of him getting screwed over in all of this and they are trying to do right by a popular veteran player .

Ill say it again for those that don't get it but Foles CHOSE to come to the Bears he knew the Bears HC, OC, and QB coach and they convinced him to restructure his deal to get a trade deal to the Bears done during Covid . His wife was pregnant and high risk and he moved his family across the country for the Bears coaching staff and a chance to start . Now at the end of the year both Pace and Nagy admitted Covid shortened offseason and no preseason games screwed over Foles in the post season presser . Now suddenly in a drop of a hat hes not even being allowed to compete for the job with Dalton and most people and I suspect everyone complaining around here about him would be pissed . Not because they want to be given the job but they would want to at least be allowed to compete for it under normal circumstances.

Soo the Bears are allowing Foles to choose his destination because he only left the Jags because he knew the Bears coaches and they know this.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:

I think it's time for fans to realize that this organization adheres to gentleman's agreements. It's clear with the whole "Dalton is starting" fiasco and with this Foles trade news. If they've made backroom promises or hand shake deals with players, they don't care to renege on them even if fan sentiment wants them to

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think it's time for fans to realize that this organization adheres to gentleman's agreements. It's clear with the whole "Dalton is starting" fiasco and with this Foles trade news. If they've made backroom promises or hand shake deals with players, they don't care to renege on them even if fan sentiment wants them to
We realize it. Doesn't make them the right moves. They deserve to be criticized.