Bears turned down Foles trades

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ohhhhh it's on twitter, well then it must be true then...Hahahaha.

You don't have to admit that it's just a rumor because you and everyone else knows it's just a rumor.
For someone so confident its just a rumor, you sure are making a big deal out of it. IDK about you, but if you said something i know is bs, i wouldn't be obsessing over it 18 hours later.

I'm sorry that Nick Foles has the zulu GM by the balls. Must be tough to wake up day after day and have to put on a clown mask for a guy like that. :(

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I don't know why anyone that understands Bears football is bringing Pace into the conversation here.

Nagy wanted Foles. Not Pace. Nagy begged for a QB that could run "his system".

Foles was brought here on Nagy's premise that Trubisky couldn't run the offense and he needed a smarter QB like Foles. And it cost the team cap space and a draft pick. And then Trubisky completely outplayed him.

Of course Foles is pissed. He is another scapegoat for Nagy's inability to run a decent system.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Imagine thinking Ryan Pace doesn't belong in the conversation of player trades and acquisitions.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
I don't know why anyone that understands Bears football is bringing Pace into the conversation here.

Foles was brought here on Nagy's premise that Trubisky couldn't run the offense and he needed a smarter QB like Foles. And it cost the team cap space and a draft pick. And then Trubisky completely outplayed him.

Of course Foles is pissed. He is another scapegoat for Nagy's inability to run a decent system.
Nagy is certainly to blame, but Foles is as well. It's pretty well proven Foles needs everything perfect to have success in stretches. I'm really turned off by how quick he starts pointing fingers and ensures everyone hears why nothing is his fault. That is not a trait you want in a QB.

I think his leadership has been pretty bad and it seems that is a concern to others in the league. That and teams watched him that last couple of years and he's just bad.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Seems like he will end up in Indy. Hardball being played I assume. Indy knows Chicago doesn’t want Foles. Chicago knows Indy needs a QB badly. Plus the relationship with Foles and Reich makes you think he would want him.

Indy probably not budging off like a 7th and Bears want a 6th or maybe even 5th. I would be happy getting something like a 5th for our 6th.

And if he doesn’t want to go somewhere not sure what Pace is supposed to do. The team trading for him is going to see if he wants to play there. If he says no and they back off not sure how that falls on Pace. It’s the other team backing out. He also has the added the leverage of retirement, which most players don’t. Teams aren’t going to trade for a guy who could potentially no show.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I'm really turned off by how quick he starts pointing fingers and ensures everyone hears why nothing is his fault. That is not a trait you want in a QB.
Agreed. A veteran QB doesn't need to stir anything up. And I am generally against any player speaking out against the team in the press.

I think I find myself a little more sympathetic to Nick because he left guaranteed money on the table in Jacksonville and in one season becomes a 3rd stringer with no hope of seeing the field.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Seems like he will end up in Indy. Hardball being played I assume. Indy knows Chicago doesn’t want Foles. Chicago knows Indy needs a QB badly. Plus the relationship with Foles and Reich makes you think he would want him.

Indy probably not budging off like a 7th and Bears want a 6th or maybe even 5th. I would be happy getting something like a 5th for our 6th.

And if he doesn’t want to go somewhere not sure what Pace is supposed to do. The team trading for him is going to see if he wants to play there. If he says no and they back off not sure how that falls on Pace. It’s the other team backing out. He also has the added the leverage of retirement, which most players don’t. Teams aren’t going to trade for a guy who could potentially no show.
Going off memory, but wouldn't this upset Wentz? Hasn't Wentz been whiny about having QB competition?

Man, there are a lot of whiny QB's these days. I'm not into the meatball stuff but I want my QB to be a fearless Alpha. I like that Fields is starting to look like that.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I‘m not sure how Wentz could be mad. All they have is the second year guy Eason. They have to sign somebody.

I think he would have been mad if they did it before he got hurt. I’m not really sure why Ballard or Reich would care though. Let’s imagine Wentz plays well and they want to give him a new contract in two years. You really think Wentz is gonna be like “Naw, I’m gone. You guys signed potential competition two years ago.” It’s doesn’t matter.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Nagy gave miller every chance in the world but has basically fucked over Foles .They know they screwed him over good and would rather not make a spectacle out of this with a mild mannered well know around the league qb.

The bears came to foles and asked him to redo his jaguars contract for a trade to happen and moving his high risk pregnant wife across the country during a pandemic .

They all but admitted foles got screwed in the end of the season presser with no OTAs ,team contact outside of zoom ,and no preseason games and that doesn't even get into splitting reps with Mitch.

So I don't get why anyone is surprised that foles is gonna want a say in where he goes next and that the bears are willing play it out.
I'm not sure Foles got screwed by the Bears...

Not in the way you're saying. What QB got to practice and play preseason during covid 2020?

I don't know that Foles outplayed Mitch to earn Game 1. I would have gone all-in with Foles, but Foles had a chance.

Foles played some good games at first. I think Nagy and the offense sucked, again, and Foles was a part of that. Nagy doesn't seem to do a good job tailoring his offense based on his player strengths -- I don't doubt that at all. That's where Foles was screwed.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:

Yep.

I remember when Foles had a defense on it's heels and Nagy calls a time-out... and Foles is pleading and explaining to Nagy, "Hey! We got them on their heels! We got to go, go, go! Let me go out there and do it like I just been doing it!" And Nagy's giving him the straight face. And Foles is like, Dude, we got to go, go, go! And Nagy just kind of gives him the pleasant pat, like, 'I appreciate you're enthusiasm.'

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Nagy gave miller every chance in the world but has basically fucked over Foles .They know they screwed him over good and would rather not make a spectacle out of this with a mild mannered well know around the league qb.

The bears came to foles and asked him to redo his jaguars contract for a trade to happen and moving his high risk pregnant wife across the country during a pandemic .

They all but admitted foles got screwed in the end of the season presser with no OTAs ,team contact outside of zoom ,and no preseason games and that doesn't even get into splitting reps with Mitch.

So I don't get why anyone is surprised that foles is gonna want a say in where he goes next and that the bears are willing play it out.
Are you implying that you think they told Foles that he was gonna be the starter? He was always coming in to provide competition and the Bears had nothing to do with all the limitations stemming from COVID.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I told you mfs forever ago foles was shit half of ya trashed me for it

So now im saying it

I told yall so
You and me both brother. This was a terrible trade, I #calledit when it happened.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I can't wait to see what kind of 7th round pick we get for Foles.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Foles has a no trade clause?

Because if he doesn't, then why couldn't they just cut him? Is the penalty different from being traded?

And if so, trade his ass and give a low pick to a team for nothing and then he can just not report

:kanye:

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Foles has a no trade clause?

Because if he doesn't, then why couldn't they just cut him? Is the penalty different from being traded?

And if so, trade his ass and give a low pick to a team for nothing and then he can just not report

:kanye:

His cap hit is just under $7 million. If the Bears cut Foles, they would incur a $14 million dead cap hit. Cutting him isn’t an option. It’s incredibly punitive.

If they traded him, they could get out from his cap number, with no punitive effect.

As far as a no-trade clause, no, Foles doesn’t have a no-trade clause. But telling a team you literally won’t report if they acquire you would probably make them think twice about trading for you. There are no takesies backsies.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
His cap hit is just under $7 million. If the Bears cut Foles, they would incur a $14 million dead cap hit. Cutting him isn’t an option. It’s incredibly punitive.

If they traded him, they could get out from his cap number, with no punitive effect.

As far as a no-trade clause, no, Foles doesn’t have a no-trade clause. But telling a team you literally won’t report if they acquire you would probably make them think twice about trading for you. There are no takesies backsies.

So the Bears can't trade him with a 5th/6th to someone and get something like a 7th back? At that point, him not reporting doesn't really hurt the team getting a better pick.

Just sounds like the Bears want to be respectful of Foles wishes. If he doesn't have a no trade clause, he doesn't have a choice. So this whole Foles being a dick thing sounds like a reach

Last edited: