Bears turned down Foles trades

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
So the Bears can't trade him with a 5th/6th to someone and get something like a 7th back? At that point, him not reporting doesn't really hurt the team getting a better pick.

Just sounds like the Bears want to be respectful of Foles wishes. If he doesn't have a no trade clause, he doesn't have a choice. So this whole Foles being a dick thing sounds like a reach
It hurts the other team if that contract gets foisted on them in the trade like it was foisted on us by the Jaguars. We did the Jaguars a favor and they got a 4th round pick out of it

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I think we would be lucky to get rid of Nick if we just could get rid of a decent amount of his salary.

I do not think the organization is holding out on trading him, I think other than the alleged Philly deal there isn't much interest for a 3rd stringer with a 10 million dollar salary.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
i'm concerned about a team wanting to trade for a guy who leaked to the MNF crew about his coach's play calling and then basically just called out the organization that he is CURRENTLY with......he has brass balls....

and the problem is that he's likely right...people don't like truth tellers now days....I'm old enough to remember some QB's being allowed to call their own plays. Foles is an NFL veteran QB who has had successful seasons including playoffs who has an Arena league QB calling plays that set Foles up for failure.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
it's really a kick in the balls to the team to have to carry this guy all year, soaks up a valuable roster spot and prevents them from bringing in OT help with his salary

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
i'm concerned about a team wanting to trade for a guy who leaked to the MNF crew about his coach's play calling and then basically just called out the organization that he is CURRENTLY with......he has brass balls....

and the problem is that he's likely right...people don't like truth tellers now days....I'm old enough to remember some QB's being allowed to call their own plays. Foles is an NFL veteran QB who has had successful seasons including playoffs who has an Arena league QB calling plays that set Foles up for failure.

brass balls lol

What are they going to do? Demote him to third string? Try to trade him? Send him a strongly worded letter?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I think we would be lucky to get rid of Nick if we just could get rid of a decent amount of his salary.

I do not think the organization is holding out on trading him, I think other than the alleged Philly deal there isn't much interest for a 3rd stringer with a 10 million dollar salary.
He’s a 3rd stringer on the Bears but could be a starter for another team that becomes desperate. And $10 mil for a starter isn’t that bad.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:

I strongly suspect this is why interest is low in Foles. That's not the way to go about truth telling and if he hated it here so much he could easily be gone. Like it or not QB's need to lead and keep things in house to make them better. Not preemptively give announcers talking points when you know you are going to throw up a turd of a performance. Even if the coach is partially to blame. In the end he got outplayed by Trubisky and I don't hear him truth telling about that.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I strongly suspect this is why interest is low in Foles. That's not the way to go about truth telling and if he hated it here so much he could easily be gone. Like it or not QB's need to lead and keep things in house to make them better. Not preemptively give announcers talking points when you know you are going to throw up a turd of a performance. Even if the coach is partially to blame. In the end he got outplayed by Trubisky and I don't hear him truth telling about that.

Interest is low because he sucks.

Bust

Liked Posts:

None of this matters. Cause in Nick's mind he was a Superbowl MVP and beat Tom Brady head to head.

For pro athletes, it's all about championships

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So essentially, Foles doesn't like how Nagy coaches him, but still prefers to sit on the pine as 3rd WITH Nagy still his coach, rather than go to Indy with a chance to start til Wentz is healed???

Dude sounds ready to retire to me, but is collecting the free money for now. He doesn't want to play.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
So essentially, Foles doesn't like how Nagy coaches him, but still prefers to sit on the pine as 3rd WITH Nagy still his coach, rather than go to Indy with a chance to start til Wentz is healed???

Dude sounds ready to retire to me, but is collecting the free money for now. He doesn't want to play.
Foles said in the presser he'd like to go to the Colts and play for Frank Reich (colts coach) again (previously eagles including SB MVP). If you watch the presser, you can tell he wants to play.

Last edited:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Brownie

Liked Posts:
I've never heard of a GM cucking himself like this. How does this even happen lol
My team has just got to be the only team in pro sports that (a) hands out promise bracelets for starting jobs to sorry FA's w/o competing... and (b) won't trade useless players for some value in return because "the player doesn't wanna play for the other team".

VRKW.gif

Last edited:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My team has just got to be the only team in pro sports that (a) hands out promise bracelets for starting jobs to sorry FA's w/o competing... and (b) won't trade useless players for some value in return because "the player doesn't wanna play for the other team".

VRKW.gif
omg im dying at promise bracelets. Only Pace