Bears twitter rubbing salt in the wound.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I think it's more of what George & Co were putting out there. "Going big at the quarterback position" "all in" "<insert corporate speak here>" -- a lot of people unfortunately bought into that bullshit and are understandably upset. Like I said before, Dalton is getting shit on here but it's more about the Bears front office than him, he is an upgrade albeit slight upgrade than Mitch.
It seems he is resigned to killing his mom before the Bears ever amount to shit again.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What would be the point? The Bears are picking at #20. If Pace actually was using $18M 4 game Glennon as a smokescreen that was for protection from teams jumping the Bears pick at #3, yet Pace still panicked and gave away picks.
You don't need a smokescreen when 19 teams pick in front of you. At 20 you are the team for which other teams set smokescreens.

No team is going to be thinking after 2-3 QB's are gone at pick 5, should we move up from #14 to draft Z. Wilson, nah, no one else really is a threat other than the Bears and now that they have Andy Dalton, QB is off their draft needs list.

Their concerns are the teams between them and the QB they want.
Wasn't claiming anything other than it reminds me of Glennon that was also told he would be day one starter the day he signed. Point is if Pace is still considering a QB, it's always better if other teams think that your not. Could be he doesn't want to get jumped in case Jones falls etc. or have a better shot at Fields if he does etc. Could be nothing. When did you become Mel Kiper, LOL?

Does anyone here think that Dalton is a destination, or a stop along the way? I sure hope we draft a QB somewhere this year and if other teams don't think you're desperate, it can be helpful anywhere in a draft.

Last edited:

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
and plus if they're going with Ifedi and Leno it doesn't matter, the line will be terrible again, 2.5 sec to throw etc.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Wasn't claiming anything other than it reminds me of Glennon that was also told he would be day one starter the day he signed. Point is if Pace is still considering a QB, it's always better if other teams think that your not. Could be he doesn't want to get jumped in case Jones falls etc. or have a better shot at Fields if he does etc. Could be nothing. When did you become Mel Kiper, LOL?

Does anyone here think that Dalton is a destination, or a stop along the way? I sure hope we draft a QB somewhere this year and if other teams don't think you're desperate, it can be helpful anywhere in a draft.
But you are talking Andy Dalton. How does Andy Dalton on a 1 year deal make them look any less desperate?

Can you imagine a GM jonesing for Mac Jones, watching him available at 19 and saying, no way the Bears take him, they've got Andy Dalton locked in at QB1. I even saw it on twitter.

That would be hilarious.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But you are talking Andy Dalton. How does Andy Dalton on a 1 year deal make them look any less desperate?

Can you imagine a GM jonesing for Mac Jones, watching him available at 19 and saying, no way the Bears take him, they've got Andy Dalton locked in at QB1. I even saw it on twitter.

That would be hilarious.
I don't know that they like Mack Jones any/much more than Davis Mills? Do you? Lance or Fields could fall. More than one of them could be at 20. It's a draft and unpredictable after the 1st few picks. There's no master plan at 20 but Pace may be hedging bets as he does. We never get the good poop from HH. We get spin. It's not a big deal unless you make it one.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I don't know that they like Mack Jones any/much more than Davis Mills? Do you? Lance or Fields could fall. More than one of them could be at 20. It's a draft and unpredictable after the 1st few picks. There's no master plan at 20 but Pace may be hedging bets as he does. We never get the good poop from HH. We get spin. It's not a big deal unless you make it one.
insert QB prospect x for Jones. My point is the theory that Dalton would dupe a team into thinking the Bearsand Pace are any less interested in drafting QB x, has no legs. And God forbid Andy Dalton makes Pace any less likely to draft a QB prospect. If there is any validity to the QB1 tweet, 2021 is just a write off year that hopefully rids us of the stank that is Pace/Nagy and hopefully higher.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Perhaps not. Won't stop Pace.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I think they would have preferred to re-sign Trubisky on a one-year deal over Dalton, but Mitch was smart to get out from underneath Nagy so he could try to build up his value. Most likely, Mitch told the Bears he had no interest in any contract that would put in front of him. The fact he signed for 2.5 million in Buffalo indicates he wanted a better situation not cash.

Dalton will perform just like every other Bears' QB before him. Average and the fanbase will pine for the back up.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
It still boggles the mind that ownership allowed Pace to pick another QB. What a surprise it's Mike Glennon 3.0. I get the feeling that ownership are lazy. People call them cheap but I don't even think it's cheapness, it seems more like laziness.