Bears twitter rubbing salt in the wound.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh and to be clear I dont have an issue with taking Dalton over the other quarterbacks who were realistic options . For me he's just the current face of decades of quarterback ineptitude.

I'm not planning on trashing him during the season. I might even have some fun with the Quarterback Excuse Flow Chart that was so widely used the last 4 years.

Perspective

Liked Posts:
Well when all the talk is about trading for Wilson or Watson (regardless of how unrealistic it was)....and you end up with Andy Fkn Dalton, that’s what you get.

Classic case of overpromise and under-deliver

Did anyone from Bears front office promise u Wilson or Watson? Seems like the problem lies with you and your ability to not realize that of course the media will spin up any stupid rumor because they have want clicks ..... if you are the sucker that cannot use your own brain to realize it takes two teams to make a trade and the other team may not be interested irrespective of how much you pay, then why blame someone else .... get better at life buddy ....

Perspective

Liked Posts:
Nobody, but the talk to rile everyone up was there. So naturally people got excited.

And then you have a GM say everything is on the table while they go for the lowest hanging fruit.

Is it really that hard to understand why then once Dalton was announced ppl were not impressed?

You do understand, don’t act like you don’t.

Everything was on the table

They offered a very good package for Stafford - Lions did not want to trade within division and they rather have Goff than Foles
They offered a lot (more than I wish they did honestly) for Watson and Wilson and obviously the other team is not interested in trading their QB ... considering they have not yet been traded, the story checks out ok
They made an offer for Wentz, who was actually the worst QB in the league last year and has huge cap hit + always injured so they made the right play not over-paying for that guy who failed in the same system, is always injured, in a malcontent in the locker room and has a huge cap hit
They made an offer for Jameis Winston that again was not an overpay given his value is not the same ... and obviously he preferred re-signing with Saints
Dalton was next on the priority list and if they had failed to sign him, Mitch was probably next

Looks like they did go with everything on the table .... for every trade though the other team has to agree too

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This isn’t a courtroom. He’s talking to the fans. You know what the term “fanatic” means. It’s a silly statement, period.

I'm a fan. I knew what he meant. Think you just heard what you wanted to hear and now you're upset that it didn't work out how you planned.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I find it pretty weird how a fan base that once has Mitch Cutty Rex and Orton apologists is acting like Dalton is the worst bears QB they've ever seen. Dalton is better then all of them imo.

Yep. And if Pace somehow trades up for a QB they'll be swinging from his balls again.

That's literally how knee jerk our fan base is.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
I am not that excited for Dalton.I was hoping Rus and Watson happned but I also knew there was a very small chance that happens so it assume it wasn't going to.

I'm at least happy the bears didn't give up a high draft pick for Wentz. Then if you look at FA you have guys like Winston Fitz Jacoby Tyrod none of those guys scream better then Dalton to me. Dalton is a mediocre QB which is better then Mitch because I consider him a bottom tier borderline not even a starting QB.

Liked Posts:
I'm a fan. I knew what he meant. Think you just heard what you wanted to hear and now you're upset that it didn't work out how you planned.
Has nothing to do with me, I responded to your original post explaining why so many ppl are upset, pretty simple

Liked Posts:
Did anyone from Bears front office promise u Wilson or Watson? Seems like the problem lies with you and your ability to not realize that of course the media will spin up any stupid rumor because they have want clicks ..... if you are the sucker that cannot use your own brain to realize it takes two teams to make a trade and the other team may not be interested irrespective of how much you pay, then why blame someone else .... get better at life buddy ....
Lol wtf is wrong with u buddy. I explained why so many ppl are upset and here u are taking it personally.

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
That lower case "L" just looks like a "1". They'll fix it I'm sure.

GSHSoldier

Liked Posts:
Probably a Packer fan, trade Foles for a 5th then do a Mike Ditka/Ricky Williams trade for Russel Wilson. I can’t believe pace is being so conservative. He must have approval from higher ups that his job is safe. He should be finished after this season, thus should be mortgaging the future for the present

bearsforever

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's always the draft. Weird things happen at draft time. You never know....

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I'm surprised as many are falling for this obvious smokescreen after the Glennon/Trubisky saga...

This staff is going to do all it can to acquire a better QB if the opportunity is there. Dalton is insurance.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm surprised as many are falling for this obvious smokescreen after the Glennon/Trubisky saga...

This staff is going to do all it can to acquire a better QB if the opportunity is there. Dalton is insurance.

Bolded the key part of that phrase.

GSHSoldier

Liked Posts:

Is that like really bad insurance with a low quote then when the stuff hits the ceiling fan they are no where to be found? That’s Dalton insurance