Bears twitter rubbing salt in the wound.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
I find it pretty weird how a fan base that once has Mitch Cutty Rex and Orton apologists is acting like Dalton is the worst bears QB they've ever seen. Dalton is better then all of them imo.

That’s not saying much & that’s still TBD. The fans are just sick of this “Merry Go 'Round “of mediocre at best, Bears QBs.

This should be unacceptable after 40 years & we should demanded better.

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
Enjoy 2 - 14, or 2 -15, it's coming.

Might be the best thing that could happen to this organization. Clear out Pace, Nagy, and probably Teddy. Top 2 pick in 2022.

I have no problem suffering through that kind of season considering the end game.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
you act like this franchise didn't have a shot at those guys

and why wouldn't fans want a QB of that caliber?

what part of the Chi QB debacle doesn't deserve the ire of fans? your confusion at fan reactions is so fuckin weird

Apparantly a large portion of the fan base really thought it was happening...... despite all common sense saying probably not.

It's like playing the lottery. It might happen..... if it does then great. But I'm not going to lose my shit when I don't win.

Thousands of Bears fans have lost their shit because the lotto didn't call their number.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I like how everyone believes they got bait and switched on quarterback here. to obtain Watson or Wilson was blatantly unrealistic, and for a collective that moan about virtually everything on the team, particularly the lack of draft capital annually, I would like to see the cunt clutching over the team not picking in the first 3 rounds for 3 years straight. or the excessive cunting that would ensue when Pace gets jettisoned and the new GM can't pick high for multiple seasons... just to get the player the team should've drafted in the first place. the fact that none of you find issue with that bullshit trade scenario blows my mind. and the best part is the Houston Texans or Seattle Seahawks don't come with them, they plug into the Bears bullshit system, and will inevitably underperform, and then there will be even more cunt clutching.

let's try this. how about everyone join in hands and say in unison that you'll never be happy with anything this team does and all agree to just move on with your lives. you'll be happier, and I won't have to read the endless barrage of the same shit over and over every day.

the Bears will not go 2-15 in 2021. they will go something more befitting of their history... we'll have to embed new numbers in our brains: 7-10. mediocrity +1, or -1, depending how you look at it. see you on Thursday Night Moneygrab.

46FEVER

Liked Posts:
To get Wilson isn't unrealistic. Signing a rb today that basically takes Tarik out of the lineup, then a troll tweet should atleast give thought that this trade possibility isnt dead. Seattle might see something they like in Tarik. Players dont go out and list 4 teams they would agree to be traded too and walk happily back to that same locker room.

Draft night something happens. Probably already has.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Apparantly a large portion of the fan base really thought it was happening...... despite all common sense saying probably not.

It's like playing the lottery. It might happen..... if it does then great. But I'm not going to lose my shit when I don't win.

Thousands of Bears fans have lost their shit because the lotto didn't call their number.

don't know how you can just shrug at how this franchise handles the QB position

I don't even hate Nagy or Pace

but I don't see how you can turn this around on the fans. like somehow its their fault the QB position has been mismanaged the entire SB era

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I kinda root for Dalton now that everyone hates him. lol. I mean I hated the signing at the beginning too, but I got over it and now I feel bad for him. He will get booed.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is so Glennonish. Stuff like this tells me Bears feel any Wilson opportunity is moot. There would be no point to this tweet since there's no reason for subterfuge in that scenario. It wouldn't be beyond Pace to do, the 'we've got our QB' thing before drafting one. This time, Andy may be in on it and just happy to start the season... or not.

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
To get Wilson isn't unrealistic. Signing a rb today that basically takes Tarik out of the lineup, then a troll tweet should atleast give thought that this trade possibility isnt dead. Seattle might see something they like in Tarik. Players dont go out and list 4 teams they would agree to be traded too and walk happily back to that same locker room.

Draft night something happens. Probably already has.

LOL Wut? WTF does Cohen have to do with Wilson? troll tweet?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
don't know how you can just shrug at how this franchise handles the QB position

I don't even hate Nagy or Pace

but I don't see how you can turn this around on the fans. like somehow its their fault the QB position has been mismanaged the entire SB era

You’re just totally and completely missing the point. It’s exhausting

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I find it pretty weird how a fan base that once has Mitch Cutty Rex and Orton apologists is acting like Dalton is the worst bears QB they've ever seen. Dalton is better then all of them imo.
I do feel for Dalton, because he is just trying feed his family....JK

The reality is Watson and Wilson deals were not a choice the players could make, so Pace decided the cost was just going to be too much.

Dalton is a 1 year deal and if they get aggressive in the draft to land a very good prospect, then it is a solid plan....I'll root for Andy to make it through the season and let the rookie learn.

If we land Trey Lance, you could actually put together a few packages to get him on the field for a couple of plays per game

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I do feel for Dalton, because he is just trying feed his family....JK

The reality is Watson and Wilson deals were not a choice the players could make, so Pace decided the cost was just going to be too much.

Dalton is a 1 year deal and if they get aggressive in the draft to land a very good prospect, then it is a solid plan....I'll root for Andy to make it through the season and let the rookie learn.

If we land Trey Lance, you could actually put together a few packages to get him on the field for a couple of plays per game

Pace decided? Watson wasn’t available and the Seahawks decided not to trade Wilson? What did Pace decide?

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Pace decided? Watson wasn’t available and the Seahawks decided not to trade Wilson? What did Pace decide?
The Seahawk decided, because it was not an offer that was too good to refuse. Pace then decided that he did not want to look like a fool again and keep bidding against himself, by improving the offer.

He obviously decided to go with Plan B, Vet and draft.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
This is so Glennonish. Stuff like this tells me Bears feel any Wilson opportunity is moot. There would be no point to this tweet since there's no reason for subterfuge in that scenario. It wouldn't be beyond Pace to do, the 'we've got our QB' thing before drafting one. This time, Andy may be in on it and just happy to start the season... or not.
What would be the point? The Bears are picking at #20. If Pace actually was using $18M 4 game Glennon as a smokescreen that was for protection from teams jumping the Bears pick at #3, yet Pace still panicked and gave away picks.
You don't need a smokescreen when 19 teams pick in front of you. At 20 you are the team for which other teams set smokescreens.

No team is going to be thinking after 2-3 QB's are gone at pick 5, should we move up from #14 to draft Z. Wilson, nah, no one else really is a threat other than the Bears and now that they have Andy Dalton, QB is off their draft needs list.

Their concerns are the teams between them and the QB they want.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I kinda root for Dalton now that everyone hates him. lol. I mean I hated the signing at the beginning too, but I got over it and now I feel bad for him. He will get booed.
Yeah, it's going to be unfairly rough on him. But, then again, he had to know that coming in, and he signed up for it, so c'est la vie. For justice to be served, Pace should be made to walk out to introduction every home game before the team takes the field. He should hear the full throat of the Bears fans ire.

The repackaged QB shit sandwich he keeps feeding Bears fans ever offseason, this tweet being the latest "now with a new look" wrapper is beyond incompetence.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
“Salt in the wound”

the overreaction to Dalton is mind boggling.

people losing their shit in the replies is hilarious.
I think it's more of what George & Co were putting out there. "Going big at the quarterback position" "all in" "<insert corporate speak here>" -- a lot of people unfortunately bought into that bullshit and are understandably upset. Like I said before, Dalton is getting shit on here but it's more about the Bears front office than him, he is an upgrade albeit slight upgrade than Mitch.