Bears voted against the 17 game season.

BBBF

Liked Posts:
17 would be fine with me if it was 8 home, 8 away and 1 week with both teams playing at a neutral site. Either Mexico, Canada, UK or Vegas.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The first time ownership doing the fans a favor

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
IF the face of your franchise is fucking Andy Dalton, would you want one more game for the world to laugh at you?

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't like the additional game - For one thing, it means some teams get an extra road game, and some teams get an extra home game...How id that equitable?

It is also one more game against an uncommon opponent, which I'm not a fan of.

And quite possibly shorter careers for a number of players. The Bears voted correctly, but avarice won out.
I think next year each team will have a international game.....so it will be 8-8-1
Hopefully they expand rosters to 60

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
If it’s long term, the record books will be changing. Just like when they went from 14 to 16.

Players contracts will have to increase in the future to pay for the extra game, the cap number better reflect.

Have odd number of home and away games has to change every year. Right?

Will more starters, on playoff bound teams, be sitting in the last week of the season than ever before?

They should add a 2nd bye week.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm with the McCaskey's on this one. They were attempting to save all of us from having to watch this shit show for an extra week.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Through a team spokesman, McCaskey declined comment to ESPN.

Why would you take a principled stance then not talk it?

Did George hit the wrong button or something?

cobra302

Liked Posts:
Here comes a substantial price hike on NFL Sunday Ticket, to see Bears get their ass handed to them by the Raiders

HoosierDaddy

Liked Posts:
Just ownership trying to garner favor in a locker room already pissed off from the personnel changes. The majority of owners were going to vote in favor of the 17th game anyway. The McCaskey family are going to reap the revenue benefits of the 17th game regardless. Vote no, and give the appearance to the players that you care for their well being more than the $. More smoke and mirrors.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Makes more sense to have an expanded playoff than add an additional game to me. Should result in the same TV revenue? Not sure on that though.

Brandon Marshall

Liked Posts:
Makes more sense to have an expanded playoff than add an additional game to me. Should result in the same TV revenue? Not sure on that though.
I actually like this idea if you add an extra game. I mean sure it kind of "cheapens" the regular season, but NBA and NHL already send a whole bunch of teams to the playoffs.

8 teams make the playoffs. Division winners + 3 best 2nd place teams + 1 wildcard

No more 1st round byes. 4 extra games total versus 16, but with it being playoffs TV and gate revenue should be higher I would think. Not sure though.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't like the additional game - For one thing, it means some teams get an extra road game, and some teams get an extra home game...How id that equitable?

It is also one more game against an uncommon opponent, which I'm not a fan of.

And quite possibly shorter careers for a number of players. The Bears voted correctly, but avarice won out.

Packers get the Chiefs on the road, so I love the 17th game, fair or not