Bears vs Packers: Keys to Victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veritas

Liked Posts:
yeah the Boys run game is a lot better but the WR comparison is with out a doubt goes to the Packers. Bryant is a rookie, Roy Williams has been pretty bad but ill give you Miles Austin but Austin is not better then Jennings or Driver. Driver and Jennings are better then any Boys WR. Plus like Troy Aikmen said James Jones would be a #2 on most teams in the NFL.

Miles Austin is a far better receiver than Driver or Jennings. Austin might be the best route runner in the NFL and he has elite speed and hands. James Jones is a good slot guy but he is just a fast version of Patrick Crayton, nothing special. Miles Austin is the hardest guy to cover within 20 yards of the line of scrimmage because he is so fast out of his breaks.

Andre Johnson is without a doubt the best wide out in the NFL though.

I think you need to take off the Packers shades because you are making some ridiculous comments. Let me guess you also think Charles Woodson is a better cornerback than Darrell Revis because he won DPOY last season.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
X, my comparing those two was wrong, but I still take the packer wr's over the cowboys as a group.

And I hate when they put ex players in the booth for games against their old teams like they did with AikmAn.

I disagree, but I can see a valid argument being made...so we'll just have to agree to disagree...

and yeah, I <3 Aikman...but he's like every other single-team lifer...when he's in the booth, it's near impossible to be biased... I love Aikman's work when he's not calling a Dallas game, tho.

WearShades

Liked Posts:
On defense Julius Peppers will be facing a banged up rookie left tackle and the Packers don't have Jason Witten or Marion Barber to help block him

The rookie Bulaga is 100% healthy. Clifton is the one who's hurt but it's looking like Bulaga has usurped the job anyway.

Rex Jaybels

Liked Posts:
I disagree, but I can see a valid argument being made...so we'll just have to agree to disagree...

and yeah, I <3 Aikman...but he's like every other single-team lifer...when he's in the booth, it's near impossible to be biased... I love Aikman's work when he's not calling a Dallas game, tho.

Fair enough.

I suppose it's hard to expect anything less from someone in that position. He does call a good game, even with that Cardinal lover Joe Buck next to him.

WearShades

Liked Posts:
Key to this game is putting a helmet on Rogers every single down ! Sack him, Hit him, Hurry him, make him worry every time he touches the ball that a Bear is gonna eat him ! Da BEARS take Rogers out of his comfort zone, we WIN ! :woot:

While I don't see the Bears winning this, you're absolutely right that getting pressure on Rodgers is the only way the Bears have a chance. I have a hard time seeing them getting consistent pressure as Peppers will be doubled. Having Brandon Jackson back there more is actually a positive for Green Bay in the passing game. Grant was terrible in pass protection, but Jackson excels there. Rodgers might be the smartest young QB in the game, and I expect they'll keep him out of harms way enough to win the game. If Rodgers gets enough time and the defense is spread wide with 3, 4 and 5 receiver sets, it could get very ugly for Chicago.

Shnake3454

Liked Posts:
Establish a rushing attack early and I think the bears could take this game against the hated packers. Cutler looks like he is making better decisions. Why didn't Aromacando play? BEARS FANS FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER. @SHNAKE3454

Rex Jaybels

Liked Posts:
Did I read somewhere DA was benched? Or maybe it was posed as a question...can't remember.

Veritas

Liked Posts:
Establish a rushing attack early and I think the bears could take this game against the hated packers. Cutler looks like he is making better decisions. Why didn't Aromacando play? BEARS FANS FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER. @SHNAKE3454

Aromacando? Come on at least make an effort... it's Aromashodu but you might as well just call him DA like the rest of us.

DA did not play much last week because his hamstring was bothering him and they thought Bennett could play better because he was healthy and so Bennett had way more plays.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
Miles Austin is a far better receiver than Driver or Jennings. Austin might be the best route runner in the NFL and he has elite speed and hands. James Jones is a good slot guy but he is just a fast version of Patrick Crayton, nothing special. Miles Austin is the hardest guy to cover within 20 yards of the line of scrimmage because he is so fast out of his breaks.

Andre Johnson is without a doubt the best wide out in the NFL though.

I think you need to take off the Packers shades because you are making some ridiculous comments. Let me guess you also think Charles Woodson is a better cornerback than Darrell Revis because he won DPOY last season.

If Revis was the best he would have won the award, just sayin'. :woot:

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

no one is going to follow a guy on twitter who's made one spammy post and completely butchered the spelling of "Aromashodu"...

Rex Jaybels

Liked Posts:
no one is going to follow a guy on twitter who's made one spammy post and completely butchered the spelling of "Aromashodu"...

Yeah, be like me and make several poor to very poor posts with random spelling errors and obvious observations. That's how you make moves on twitter.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anderson & Tommie "i need my bible" Harris to show up.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
someone better block Clay matthews

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Someone hit Aaron Rodgers with a truck before the game. That'll take care of 'em.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Someone hit Aaron Rodgers with a truck before the game. That'll take care of 'em.

He'll limp onto the field and go 25-29 for 319 yards and 4 tds if that happens...
Packers QBs have been SOOOO FTW for the last 2 decades...

ugh.

WearShades

Liked Posts:
He'll limp onto the field and go 25-29 for 319 yards and 4 tds if that happens...
Packers QBs have been SOOOO FTW for the last 2 decades...

ugh.

That's the difference between Bears management and Ron Wolf.

Status
Not open for further replies.