Bears vs Rams Review - Was Nagy and Desai the problem?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I skipped past and haven't read that horseshit. I saw the game and saw the same shitty play with just different names and the backs of the jerseys.

Nothing matters until Nagy is fired, period.
Translation - You are correct Remy but I am so hurt by Nagy that I can't think objectively.

Understood.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Translation - You are correct Remy but I am so hurt by Nagy that I can't think objectively.

Understood.
Your translation of my posts rival your understanding of the Bears problems as a team.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Your translation of my posts rival your understanding of the Bears problems as a team.

So you are saying I am spot on. Thanks, I figured as much.

So we vortexing then?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You're like the guy when told he has terminal brain cancer, terminal lung cancer, terminal liver cancer and hemorrhoids, asks if removing the hemorrhoids will help.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You're like the guy when told he has terminal brain cancer, terminal lung cancer, terminal liver cancer and hemorrhoids, asks if removing the hemorrhoids will help.

You are like the guy that says you don't want to vortex but then proceeds to vortex.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you watch the back angle replay of the INT, the ball is actually thrown inaccurately the moment it leaves Dalton’s hands. The pass doesn’t lead Mooney toward the middle of the field, so it will arrive behind him.

Even without the tip from the underneath defender, this looks like it would have likely been intercepted anyway by the CB covering Mooney. You can actually see him stop on his coverage a moment before the tip because he sees the ball traveling right to him...

IllustriousEnviousAardvark-size_restricted.gif

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you watch the back angle replay of the INT, the ball is actually thrown inaccurately the moment it leaves Dalton’s hands. The pass doesn’t lead Mooney toward the middle of the field, so it will arrive behind him.

Even without the tip from the underneath defender, this looks like it would have likely been intercepted anyway by the CB covering Mooney. You can actually see him stop on his coverage a moment before the tip because he sees the ball traveling right to him...

there isn't really an accurate wat to judge exactly where that ball was going from the tip....from his body angle and feet it looked like it was going toward the far corner pylonish area...his left foot was pointed that way. It sure looks like it was meant for the far left receiver who was one on one

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
there isn't really an accurate wat to judge exactly where that ball was going from the tip....from his body angle and feet it looked like it was going toward the far corner pylonish area...his left foot was pointed that way. It sure looks like it was meant for the far left receiver who was one on one

He was trying to fit it in to Mooney, it just looks really weird because the pass was so off target. The likely reason Dalton doesn’t step up is because his mechanics go to shit whenever he feels any kind of pressure.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was trying to fit it in to Mooney, it just looks really weird because the pass was so off target. The likely reason Dalton doesn’t step up is because his mechanics go to shit whenever he feels any kind of pressure.
possibly. He was looking left side the whole way. He may have tried mooney but the receiver on the left was one on one and a pass to the receivers right would have been a TD.

Anyone who points out the guy in the middle, however, does not understand this play...not sure where the graphics were added.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Nice clip. Didn't know it was that bad. Yup, needed to be thrown early and outside. A perfect edge throw may not work by the time he threw that. Dalton is OK if you keep him pretty clean and it's not too congested but inside the 15, use Fields. I don't believe that Nagy is scared to let Dalton throw deep and it was just a simpletons game plan on Sunday but if that's the case, there's no reason for him to be out there. Fields won't learn anything outside of acclimating to a weekly routine.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Yeah I covered this in my OP. The throw here is to Kmet. Dalton has to read the defender who ended up tipping the ball. If he stays with Kmet you throw it to Mooney. If he lets Kmet go you throw it to Kmet.

This really is a basic read for a QB. Instead Dalton stares down the Mooney route and just assumes the defender is going to follow Kmet which is simply stupid.

If he really wanted to throw to Mooney, he should have been staring at Kmet to hold the guy on Kmet. Instead he stares down his intended target which allows the guy to tip it. A vet like him should be comfortable knowing where guys are supposed to be and thus holding a defender elsewhere then turning and throwing in one motion rather than staring at a guy the whole route when it is that tight.