Bears working on deal with Teddy Bridgewater, ATL radio guys says

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
This is the same guy who tweeted the derek carr stuff. Lets hold off until its an actual source

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Exactly. For some reason this guy, based in ATL, seems to have more insider info the bears QB search than anyone else in the country? Hard to believe.
This is the same guy who tweeted the derek carr stuff. Lets hold off until its an actual source

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
I've always loved Teddy. Great guy on and off the field. Played really well in Minny before the bad injury and played well on the Saints. The injury part does scare me a lot since he's a QB, but man the guy is a good story.

BearDownZZ

Liked Posts:
I really hope this is some kind of smoke screen.

Remember this guy is still very much unproven. He was not that good in MIN. 28TD, 21INT, 210 yards a game. Then a super short sample size of 6 games where half of those games were low scoring offensive output with D/ST scres.

Teddy Bridgewater is not likely to change who he is. He is a below average passer. He does not attack. He is a game manager. He is very safe and more likely to be a Griese, Hoyer. He may throw relatively low INT's, but we will have a bottom half of the league offense. (He has the exact same career 2.3 INT% as Mitch).

Basically, look at the Colts. Bridgewater and Brisset are almost identical and he'll be running the same RPO. Quick throw, short passing game, stationary QB. More likely to get 18TD, 6INT, 3000 yards passing and the 25th ranked offense. If the defense plays lights out and you make the playoffs, you take Bridgewater into battle against Rodgers, Cousins, Russ, Goff, Wentz, Dak, Brees. And if those guys somehow don't make the playoffs, you probably have to go against Matt Ryan or the new Murray/Hopkins Cardinals who are primed to be an upcoming force.

The NFL is a passing league and we are building the 2001 Buccaneers. This is some Jerry Angelo shit here.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
I really hope this is some kind of smoke screen.

Remember this guy is still very much unproven. He was not that good in MIN. 28TD, 21INT, 210 yards a game. Then a super short sample size of 6 games where half of those games were low scoring offensive output with D/ST scres.

Teddy Bridgewater is not likely to change who he is. He is a below average passer. He does not attack. He is a game manager. He is very safe and more likely to be a Griese, Hoyer. He may throw relatively low INT's, but we will have a bottom half of the league offense. (He has the exact same career 2.3 INT% as Mitch).

Basically, look at the Colts. Bridgewater and Brisset are almost identical and he'll be running the same RPO. Quick throw, short passing game, stationary QB. More likely to get 18TD, 6INT, 3000 yards passing and the 25th ranked offense. If the defense plays lights out and you make the playoffs, you take Bridgewater into battle against Rodgers, Cousins, Russ, Goff, Wentz, Dak, Brees. And if those guys somehow don't make the playoffs, you probably have to go against Matt Ryan or the new Murray/Hopkins Cardinals who are primed to be an upcoming force.

The NFL is a passing league and we are building the 2001 Buccaneers. This is some Jerry Angelo shit here.
Problem is: none of those guys available

Bridgewater is a below average to average starter (but still better than mitch) so he can come in and be our Alex Smith while we look for our Mahomes

As long as the Bears don't delude themselves into thinking this guy is gonna be the guy at QB and keep looking for a guy who is, I wouldn't hate it