Bears working on deal with Teddy Bridgewater, ATL radio guys says

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
This was never going to happen. Bears can't afford him. The Bears were used to drive up the price of Bridgewater to other teams (aka Tampa), and it drives up the desperation of teams like the Bengals and Jags who want to trade their QB to the Bears. Smokescreen.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
I'm pro Teddy. He has the highest ceiling of all FA QBs. Even if you don't believe he can keep improving post injury, you have to be happy Bears recognize they need move on from Trubisky.

yep, Regardless of who the Bears bring in, Pace is obviously willing to move past Mitch by bringing in legit competition and not force feed him as the one and only due to draft status. Good for Pace

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
It's funny how all the teddy haters come out in full force when we are rumored to be linked with him. Yet in the season I was one of the only ones to be critical of him. He can stay away for the amount of money he is seeking!

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
It's funny how all the teddy haters come out in full force when we are rumored to be linked with him. Yet in the season I was one of the only ones to be critical of him. He can stay away for the amount of money he is seeking!
No hate for teddy. At the right price he would be a great backup qb to have. He is not a starter.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Fix the offense and Trubisky is better then teddy. We're not wasting 21 MIL on a backup. It's a smokescreen. Duh
Kind of hard to fix the offense with Trubisky when he’s the single biggest issue but hey, you’ve proven to be willfully ignorant on the subject.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Kind of hard to fix the offense with Trubisky when he’s the single biggest issue but hey, you’ve proven to be willfully ignorant on the subject.
He is not the biggest issue. Not by a long shot. He is pretty good when supported. But you stay dumb because that is you being true to yourself.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
@Noonthirtyjoe should be on suicide watch in the coming days.
Why? I want a competition at QB and a good backup QB. I don't want to over pay or kill our cap with a average to below average FA QB. Not one of these FA QBs are worth that. I believe Trubisky will beat out any one of them. Next year is when we should make a QB move if needed. I'm a Bears fan not a Trubisky fan. Trubs needs to earn it this year or I'll lead the call for his head.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He is not the biggest issue. Not by a long shot. He is pretty good when supported. But you stay dumb because that is you being true to yourself.
You’re literally a fucking moron, but ok ?

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Anyone who thinks Mitch should be the starter needs their head examined..

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bridgewater is commitment money for the Bears. Get him or don’t, I don’t know how I feel yet. But I don’t think they can afford to pay TB and not expect him to start at some point.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

So you think Trubisky would be better if we got him some OL help? Well.. sure. But with Teddy, you are looking at an immobile QB that takes his time getting rid of the ball. We are probably going to have have to trade for a left tackle or spend some huge money on OL. You cannot have a slow pocket passer on this team.

The Bears are doing the same thing they always do. Go after these QB's with about 1-3 years or less experience that have been below average, but maybe show some signs of life in a small stretch of games or preseason then hope he comes here and improves. We are getting 200 yards a game, 88 rating, that generally operates low scoring games. That is who he is. So he has to take this proverbial next step to work out.

FA-wise, I'd prefer Marriota.

As for Bridgewater, mobility-wise he's a 4.7. Brees was 4.8. I've seen Bridgewater pick up 1st downs with his legs.

In the footage below..... it looks like he's got a pretty good release. Maybe I can get a 2nd opinion, from someone else here. When he was a starter with Minn,, the Vikes 'O' avg. around 3Tds/ game. Thats what our 'D' needs, click my post #7 link below for more info.

But lets look at the footage below and possibly get some answers.

He shows mobility @0.43 , @1.11, @3.35, @4.45

He shows mobility vs. our Bear 'D' @1.32, @3.02, @4.45
We know how I feel about the Bear 'D' click here>>>>>#7

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
FA-wise, I'd prefer Marriota.

As for Bridgewater, mobility-wise he's a 4.7. Brees was 4.8. I've seen Bridgewater pick up 1st downs with his legs.

In the footage below..... it looks like he's got a pretty good release. Maybe I can get a 2nd opinion, from someone else here. When he was a starter with Minn,, the Vikes 'O' avg. around 3Tds/ game. Thats what our 'D' needs, click my post #7 link below for more info.

But lets look at the footage below and possibly get some answers.

He shows mobility @0.43 , @1.11, @3.35, @4.45

He shows mobility vs. our Bear 'D' @1.32, @3.02, @4.45
We know how I feel about the Bear 'D' click here>>>>>#7

looks like Mariota is going to the Raiders

reggie_love

Liked Posts:
yep, Regardless of who the Bears bring in, Pace is obviously willing to move past Mitch by bringing in legit competition and not force feed him as the one and only due to draft status. Good for Pace
I think you give pace too much credit. I dont think he is willing to move on from mitch all on his own. I'm betting you nagy is telling him the locker room is pretty much done with mitch and he needs to do something other than just hand mitch the job.