Bee Nest Advice

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've honestly never heard of putting aluminum foil around new trees. How does it hold up in weather?
It will work, i have done it before when i use to live in an area infested with rabbits. The weather will not be a problem for it , just wrap it up tightly so air dont get in and start unsealing the foil when the wind blows. maybe put a couple plastic zip ties to prevent it from unfoiling . You're friend , FML

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The Fatman is correct about the aluminum foil, but I’m not sure how his suggestion answers your actual question.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It will work, i have done it before when i use to live in an area infested with rabbits. The weather will not be a problem for it , just wrap it up tightly so air dont get in and start unsealing the foil when the wind blows. maybe put a couple plastic zip ties to prevent it from unfoiling . You're friend , FML
That's good to know. I think I'll just continue using what I have in place because it works.

You called me a pussy in your first post, not sure how we're friends?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's good to know. I think I'll just continue using what I have in place because it works.

You called me a pussy in your first post, not sure how we're friends?

Fuck you, pussy.

Hope your kids never die.

Deck tree foiling?

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
@HawkBear Ya Mangina, just go get wasp and hornet spray already and dust off those fuckers so you and your dog do not get stung anymore. Also it will make the wife happy to see you do something so manly.

You don't even have to go to the COVID Lowes to get the shit, just get it shipped directly to your door. Spartan wouldn't approve your fear of the store, and think it takes down the manliness a notch or two, but we won't tell your wife about that.

Or if you are feeling like more of a outdoorsman rugged trapper type you can go with this.

Get with the program and get rid of those bitey little fuckers already kid.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
@HawkBear Ya Mangina, just go get wasp and hornet spray already and dust off those fuckers so you and your dog do not get stung anymore. Also it will make the wife happy to see you do something so manly.

You don't even have to go to the COVID Lowes to get the shit, just get it shipped directly to your door. Spartan wouldn't approve your fear of the store, and think it takes down the manliness a notch or two, but we won't tell your wife about that.

Or if you are feeling like more of a outdoorsman rugged trapper type you can go with this.

Get with the program and get rid of those bitey little fuckers already kid.
Those trap things fucking suck lol I've tried them before. I have wasp spray already, I took one down last year actually that was under my deck. Straight up ran out there, sprayed it and duck and ran lol

Tree is at the back of my lot and I don't go back that far really so they are fine for now.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Those trap things fucking suck lol I've tried them before. I have wasp spray already, I took one down last year actually that was under my deck. Straight up ran out there, sprayed it and duck and ran lol

Tree is at the back of my lot and I don't go back that far really so they are fine for now.
Grow a pair will ya ......................................................................YOU'RE FRIEND FML

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
First of all, to the op, grow a pair you pussy. Take the corrugated pipe away from the tree. You're protecting this tree from rabbits right? Get some heavy duty aluminum foil and wrap around the tree about 2 1/2 feet high, depending on the size of the rabbits you have . Where i live we have these great big rabbits so i had to put a 7 foot tall, 30 lb fish line from the lower 6 inches to 3 feet tall then go every foot until i got to 7 feet . You dont need to do that so i would just do the heavy aluminum foil trick for your pussy rabbits . I hope this helps . FML
Lou, your rabbits are so big they can jump 7 feet into the air and bite the hell out of your 7-foot-plus-tall tree?

Screw the tree, you better wrap yourself with the foil, and fling carrots over your shoulder as you run to your car. :p

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lou, your rabbits are so big they can jump 7 feet into the air and bite the hell out of your 7-foot-plus-tall tree?

Screw the tree, you better wrap yourself with the foil, and fling carrots over your shoulder as you run to your car. :p

#MurderHornets aint got chit on #MurderBunnies

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Thought about dropping a nuke on it, but decided against it.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Thought about dropping a nuke on it, but decided against it.

I am telling you, the good wasp spray is the answer, you will not get stung anymore. Or, get stung some more whilst ignoring my advice for awhile until you are mad enough to merc those rat bastards. Just let me get my cell phone video camera ready first.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Base of a tree? Welp, yep, you try the soap and smother methods first. But if for whatever reason that fails (user error, soap works if done right) your best bet is a bifenthrin based insecticide. It's something you want to avoid near food gardens and any well /drinking water, but if you use it in isolated instances, it will basically kill a good chunk of pests within inches of spraying for about a week or two.

It's mostly harmless in small amounts, but still carcinogenic IIRC. Some people use diluted bifenthrin as personal bug spray as an alternative to... other... carcinogenic compounds, so yeah, managed risk, use common sense. And I have no idea if it's safe as a bug spray, but I'd imagine the people who do use it, have a pretty nasty situation and are desperate, Places with heavy west nile carriers.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, crdentials aside (I won't brag about mine), this nest is in the ground. You try to seal it, they will open the seal.
Ive killed more bees than agent orange sometimes i stomp them barefoot just so the mfs know
Foils traps sprays.. what is this a girl scout clubhouse? Just go out there and swat those mfs with your hat like a man