Bee Nest Advice

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Base of a tree? Welp, yep, you try the soap and smother methods first. But if for whatever reason that fails (user error, soap works if done right) your best bet is a bifenthrin based insecticide. It's something you want to avoid near food gardens and any well /drinking water, but if you use it in isolated instances, it will basically kill a good chunk of pests within inches of spraying for about a week or two.

It's mostly harmless in small amounts, but still carcinogenic IIRC. Some people use diluted bifenthrin as personal bug spray as an alternative to... other... carcinogenic compounds, so yeah, managed risk, use common sense. And I have no idea if it's safe as a bug spray, but I'd imagine the people who do use it, have a pretty nasty situation and are desperate, Places with heavy west nile carriers.
The nuke option sounds safer. LOL

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Ive killed more bees than agent orange sometimes i stomp them barefoot just so the mfs know
Foils traps sprays.. what is this a girl scout clubhouse? Just go out there and swat those mfs with your hat like a man
I think @HawkBear should hire you to come out and build a brick pillar in his yard, and while you're doing that (near his tree of course) you will naturally take care of the wasp problem.