Bee Nest Advice

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This seems like it should be right up @Urblock alley

So I have this young tree I planted two years ago. Took my hose over to it and laid it at the tree line and left it for 20 min. Come back to move it and started spraying the mulch I have laid around it to keep the soil nice and moist on these hot days. Bee's (I think I've identified them as yellow jackets) start flying out of the corrugated pipe I have around the trunk to protect it from rabbits. I of course got stung. But now I don't know wtf to do. I've taken down wasp nests before under my deck, but I can't spray this one with pesticide at the base of my trunk.

I'm not really concerned about them, but I am concerned they will kill my tree. Do I just leave them until winter and curb stomp the nest when they're gone? Do I run out there kamikaze style with the hose and drown them as quick as possible?

Please help

1594253983761.jpeg

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:

So I have this young tree I planted two years ago. Took my hose over to it and laid it at the tree line and left it for 20 min. Come back to move it and started spraying the mulch I have laid around it to keep the soil nice and moist on these hot days. Bee's (I think I've identified them as yellow jackets) start flying out of the corrugated pipe I have around the trunk to protect it from rabbits. I of course got stung. But now I don't know wtf to do. I've taken down wasp nests before under my deck, but I can't spray this one with pesticide at the base of my trunk.

I'm not really concerned about them, but I am concerned they will kill my tree. Do I just leave them until winter and curb stomp the nest when they're gone? Do I run out there kamikaze style with the hose and drown them as quick as possible?

Please help

View attachment 6115
Domesticate them and use them for a food source

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Buy a bee suit.

"HawkBear Honey"

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
HawkBear would look badass with a bee heard.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Flaming katana sword oughta do it.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Please help

View attachment 6115

Start videoing them with your phone, and ridicule them for not wearing masks. Maybe they will freak out, and get canceled.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
1 part soap (dish soap), 3 parts hot water. There are usually two holes in ground nests. Find them, pour the solution down them, and cover with dirt.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like bees.
Sorry you got stung.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
i don't want to hurt them ?

They are beneficial, even yellow jackets. Pollinators, and killers of other less beneficial pests. If you can avoid, and live with it without any hassle to you or your wife, I'd leave it be. They won't harm the tree, and will only be there until the end of the season.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
They are beneficial, even yellow jackets. Pollinators, and killers of other less beneficial pests. If you can avoid, and live with it without any hassle to you or your wife, I'd leave it be. They won't harm the tree, and will only be there until the end of the season.
These common sence answers are really bringing me down dude.

I was looking forward ta hearing battle with bees stories saving trees and heroic type shit

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Are they bees or wasps?

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yellow jackets are wasps, but still pollinators, and killers of chit tier bugs.