Before You Choose That College...

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
Go. To. Iowa. Simple as that and enjoy the ride!

bobferg

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Go to IU. One of the best combinations of education and fun I have ever seen.

cubsjunkie

mistress
Liked Posts:
Psssh - Don't pick a college based on your career bc you'll end up changing your mind at least 1. I changed mine 3 times. I don't think I have one friend at college who is still in the career major they came to college for.

I went from
forensic chemistry/criminal justice double major
to
general biology
to gen bio with secondary education double major
to
(finally) animal behavior.

Last edited:

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
thats more for parents than children...lol

and I have a free ride, so that article doesnt apply to me

Gator29

Lucky Charm
Liked Posts:
You seems inmature to understand the concept if you are going waste your time and money. This is biggest mistake graduating from high school. I regret this decision in my past.

cubsjunkie

mistress
Liked Posts:
You seems inmature to understand the concept if you are going waste your time and money. This is biggest mistake graduating from high school. I regret this decision in my past.

Who seems immature?

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I went to JJC (junior college), that's cheaper and a good finace school, lol. But I'm going to Westwood in the fall (hopefully) because it's the cheapest school to get bachlors degree. I'm having credits transfer from JJC to WW and I will get my bachlors in 1.5 years (as of right now) but I'm taking 4 classes this semester and 4 classes in the summer and I may get my degree less that that. A rough estimate, it would have cost me about 40 thousand to get Associates and Bachlors counting classes and books. Max would be 50K. I still have to pay a lot more but that's not bad for both degrees.

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Psssh - Don't pick a college based on your career bc you'll end up changing your mind at least 1. I change mine 3 times. I don't think I have one friend at college who is still in the career major they came to college for.

I went from
to
general biology
to

:yep: Same here.

I applied to my school (Loyola) as a music major. Realized I'd probably live in a box if I did that, so before my freshman year even started I switched to Bio (pre-med). Then I added a Theology major, but was still going to do medical school. Then I decided that I didn't want to be a medical doctor and wanted to go to grad school for Theology even though I have no idea what I want to do with it, but I'm still getting my BA in Biology. Go figure.

Seriously though, if there's anyone on this forum that doesn't really know what they want to do or where they want to go, I based my decision on location, brand of school name, and opportunities. Which is why I ended up choosing Loyola in Chicago over U of I, Bradley, or whatever schools. I live in the greatest city in the world, there's tons of shit to do - I live like 15 minutes away from Wrigleyville, Millennium and Grant Parks, etc. - and Loyola has a lot of networking available for internships and stuff as well.

This article is mostly focusing on the money, which is important. But's it's by far not the most significant thing you should be looking at when choosing a school. Regardless of where you go really, you're going to have to sell an organ or your first born to pay for school.

Unless you're TBO and gave the president of the university a sexual favor to get a free ride. I'm riding a 3.64 gpa and it's nearly impossible to get grants and scholarships because the money just isn't there. Well, that and I'm a white, middle class male. Obama hates us.

Gator29

Lucky Charm
Liked Posts:
Who seems immature?

People should take this advice seriously on CCS. I had started college at age 18 years and i should been finish by age 22 years old. I don't have clear choice for career pathway, but I was focus on university and college. I have wasted my time and state money for poor choice. I'm very close to graduating from university, but it took me over 6 years to complete.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Psssh - Don't pick a college based on your career bc you'll end up changing your mind at least 1. I changed mine 3 times. I don't think I have one friend at college who is still in the career major they came to college for.

I went from
to
general biology
to

I'm still in the same field. I'm in my 2nd year of a junior college. I have has that majors chosen since the beggining of hight school and I have worked on the background to prepare myself for the job field since that. And I have no intentions to change field. But I have gone from which job on want in the field but I'll take anything I can get in the field. That's still kinda ways away or years away.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
People should take this advice seriously on CCS. I had started college at age 18 years and i should been finish by age 22 years old. I don't have clear choice for career pathway, but I was focus on university and college. I have wasted my time and state money for poor choice. I'm very close to graduating from university, but it took me over 6 years to complete.

How old are you then? 24?

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Im also still in the same major as when I entered

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:

david%20spade.jpg

"A lot of people go to school for seven years."

"Yeah, they're called doctors."

Gator29

Lucky Charm
Liked Posts:
How old are you then? 24?

I'm 24 years old, but I will be graduating in Fall 2011 or Winter 2012 from University. I had started with Foodservice Management A.S. degree, but I had switched to Business Adminstration Bacholor Degree in Human Resource and General Managment.

Last edited:

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Who cares if you don't accurately research where ever you go.

It's called life. You make mistakes, live life and fuck up.

I didn't research shit, I went to a college not knowing 1 damn thing about it with the sole intention of playing football. I seem to be doing fine right about now.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm 24 years old, but I will be graduating in Fall 2011 or Winter 2012 from University. I had started with Foodservice Management A.S. degree, but I had switched to Business Adminstration Bacholor Degree in Human Resource and General Managment.

OK, gotcha.