Ben Gordon Goes OFF

Liked Posts:
Ben Gordon was a man possessed tonight. 45 points tying an NBA record for most three's without a brick, 9-9.

Makes me miss having Ben Gordon on the Bulls - we could use that red hot shooting off the bench. No disrespect to John Lucas but once his 15 minutes of luck-filled fame are spent and it's clank city from here on out, we could use a guy like Ben Gordon again.

DCguy

Liked Posts:
I don't know. This is probably the best game Ben had since the 09 playoffs. Ben probably just had a hot hand tonight.

Lucas can play. I don't see him as a fluke. To me his recent play is a product of him getting more court time and gaining in game chemistry with the guys.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbM6kzWIXks&feature=plcp&context=C4676170VDvjVQa1PpcFNUGKGAxnUE2eBpy_XrncKBqqE2-2KZaZ0=&hd=1[/ame]

sach1

Liked Posts:
probabaly his best game since he was a Bull.
Too bad they still lost the game.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Oh Ben... I miss you.

I'm not going to lie, I still wish the Pistons would amnesty him, nobody else picks him up, and we have a chance to bring him back during the offseason. As fun as it is to watch JLIII, he's nothing more than Nate Robinson, only two inches taller. Call me a homer, I don't care. I miss Ben Gordon. I'd love to have him back, albeit not at his current salary.

Venom

Liked Posts:
My goodness. I'd love to see him back over here.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
SMH at him having one good game in the last two years and people want him back here so he can suck ass for the time he's here.

We got Johnny Buckets for that.

Venom

Liked Posts:
SMH at him having one good game in the last two years and people want him back here so he can suck ass for the time he's here.

Lulz, I've wanted him since he left.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lulz, I've wanted him since he left.
I wanted him to stay gone since he left.

Fuck Ben Gordon, that dude left on his own accord and wanted to chase money and never lived up to the contract he got. He's a selfish chucker who is under sized and can't defend.

We don't need him. Good riddance.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Ben Gordon was a man possessed tonight. 45 points tying an NBA record for most three's without a brick, 9-9.

Makes me miss having Ben Gordon on the Bulls - we could use that red hot shooting off the bench. No disrespect to John Lucas but once his 15 minutes of luck-filled fame are spent and it's clank city from here on out, we could use a guy like Ben Gordon again.

So you are saying those shots are going in for Lucas...because of luck? Good health is luck, landing with Thibs may even be luck. Hitting open 3pt shots off a pick and roll is skill!

Plus as I have said before...Gordon is high maintenance. He is bad defensively and doesn't handle the ball well. So you definitely need a high quality ball handler/defender with Gordon. That squeezes his playing time...and he makes 11+mil.

You want a guy that can shoot lights out? The Bulls should go after Morrow next year. With Brook's emergence, they probably won't need Morrow anymore. And he comes at 1/3 of the price you will have to pay Gordon.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
yeah marshon looking nice

hope that euro guy pans out

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you are saying those shots are going in for Lucas...because of luck? Good health is luck, landing with Thibs may even be luck. Hitting open 3pt shots off a pick and roll is skill!

Plus as I have said before...Gordon is high maintenance. He is bad defensively and doesn't handle the ball well. So you definitely need a high quality ball handler/defender with Gordon. That squeezes his playing time...and he makes 11+mil.

You want a guy that can shoot lights out? The Bulls should go after Morrow next year. With Brook's emergence, they probably won't need Morrow anymore. And he comes at 1/3 of the price you will have to pay Gordon.
:clap:

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

He's doing essentially the same thing in Detroit he did here -- be a streaky shooter who can get hot and take over a game. He's shooting 42% from the floor, 44% from three, and he hits all his free throws. He still can't play defense. That being said, I don't give a hot gay shit. He's a much better basketball player than John Lucas III and anyone who disagrees with that must not be watching the same games I am. He was a fun player to watch when he was here. I'd love to see him back in his sixth man role.

Part of the reason his numbers have dipped in Detroit is that the team is shit and the coaching is equally shitty. If you ever watch a Pistons game, you can tell Gordon doesn't want to be there, nor did he ever want to be there. The Bulls weren't willing to give him the same kind of salary and the guy left. Ultimately, I don't blame him -- get your paycheck. Unlike Rip Hamilton, at least Ben Gordon can play 30 minutes a night and not fall apart. If we would've had the chance to sign Ben Gordon for the same salary as Rip Hamilton, I would've done that in three seconds.

F-350SMOKE

Liked Posts:
BG7 is a shot maker. If it wasnt for him that boston series would of sucked I tell ya!!

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's doing essentially the same thing in Detroit he did here -- be a streaky shooter who can get hot and take over a game. He's shooting 42% from the floor, 44% from three, and he hits all his free throws. He still can't play defense. That being said, I don't give a hot gay shit. He's a much better basketball player than John Lucas III and anyone who disagrees with that must not be watching the same games I am. He was a fun player to watch when he was here. I'd love to see him back in his sixth man role.

Part of the reason his numbers have dipped in Detroit is that the team is shit and the coaching is equally shitty. If you ever watch a Pistons game, you can tell Gordon doesn't want to be there, nor did he ever want to be there. The Bulls weren't willing to give him the same kind of salary and the guy left. Ultimately, I don't blame him -- get your paycheck. Unlike Rip Hamilton, at least Ben Gordon can play 30 minutes a night and not fall apart. If we would've had the chance to sign Ben Gordon for the same salary as Rip Hamilton, I would've done that in three seconds.
The Bulls offered him a contract and he rejected it. He wanted more money than he was worth, so they let him go get it. And he got, and boy did he get it.

So I don't have no care or concern for players that don't want to be here. Fuck ben Gordon and I'm so sick of people pining over him.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
All the Ben Gordon hate I have read the past 2 years on Bulls messageboards have literally made me sick and puke out hairballs.