Ben Simmons in the 4th quarter

Bust

Liked Posts:
Epic Fail. These boys discussing a stat thru that7 game series, Ben Simmons took 3 total shots in the last quarter, wow!!

Should Bulls go after him??

LIBlue

Liked Posts:
God no. He is great defensively, has good vision as a point guard, but cannot shoot 3s (15% career percentage on very limited attempts), free throws (56% career percentage), and is owed around $37mm per year over the next three years. He needs to be removed in close games.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Depends on what the asking price is. He definitely would make the Bulls better. I don’t like how his shooting hasn’t gotten any better and he lacks aggression, but if he’s cheap and the Bulls don’t really have another option to improve, I’d do it for the upside.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Depends on what the asking price is. He definitely would make the Bulls better. I don’t like how his shooting hasn’t gotten any better and he lacks aggression, but if he’s cheap and the Bulls don’t really have another option to improve, I’d do it for the upside.
No, no one wants anything to do with Ben Simmons except maybe OKC because they like accumulating draft picks.

Dude is just entering his max contract. NO one wants that.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It seems clear at this point that Simmons has no interest in being a scorer or improving his ability to score, despite the fact that he has all the talent to do so. It's a shame, because his defensive talent and passing ability is elite. He could also easily be an elite scorer, but for some reason chooses not to.

I'd rather have Lonzo than him which is saying something

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Absolutely not. You'd be stuck with him for 4 years and no flexibility to improve the roster. He doesn't make them a contender. There's no scenario where I'd take him.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
He was so bad for the sixers in the playoffs. Just horrible.

I think he's fine in the regular season where teams are worse and a lot less game planning is done. In the playoffs he sticks out like a sore thumb.

If I were the 76ers I trade him this offseason. This past year he was the piece that broke the potential Hardin trade. I can't imagine Simmons carries the same value now.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
No, no one wants anything to do with Ben Simmons except maybe OKC because they like accumulating draft picks.

Dude is just entering his max contract. NO one wants that.
I’m not giving up Patrick, Zach or a top 4 pick, if they get it, for him but I’d do it for scraps. I don’t know Ben Simmons life story, but I’d have to imagine this is his lowest point playing basketball. Maybe this is his wake up call. I still prefer Lonzo though.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I’m not giving up Patrick, Zach or a top 4 pick, if they get it, for him but I’d do it for scraps. I don’t know Ben Simmons life story, but I’d have to imagine this is his lowest point playing basketball. Maybe this is his wake up call. I still prefer Lonzo though.
Well, here's the thing: Philly is the one that'll have to give up the draft picks.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Nothing wrong with a pass first PG.... oh 30+ million you say. Yeah, pass.