Bench Bonehead

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I sometimes wish I didn't have a bench. Who do you play and who sits, and how do you choose?

If you're like me, you watch the news, check the injury reports, look at their opponents; do your due diligence. But then if you are like me, you make bonehead moves with the bench anyway. For example, I sat Hakeem Nicks, NYG; Danny Amendola, StL. And instead, I played Alshon Jeffrey, Chi; Julio Jones, Atl.

I also played Reggie Wayne and sat AJ Green so that was ok, I guess.

My week 2 bench moves, on just two wide receivers, cost me over 50 points, in a "total points wins" league.

What's the worst bench move you've made so far?

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Someone sat Percy Harvin last year in the championship :smug:

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just go with your studs and don't try to be too smart(I'm guilty of this all too often too). I had T Rich and Amendola on various benches, it sucks but I'd rather have them on my bench than in someone else's team. Just my 2 cents ...

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do try to look at my bench players as "at least nobody else has them" but this year of fantasy football seems extra crazy WR wise.

Looking at the waiver wire of "never heard of them" wideouts doing really well this season is like playing coleco football.

Arg.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Why would you ever bench Hakeem Nicks? You're thinking too much dude. Don't make these type of moves unless you're dealing with a fringe starter. Julio Jones & Hakeem Nicks should start every week unless injured or on bye, especially over Jeffrey. I have Fitz & Dez Bryant. Regardless of what happens, they're not sitting. What's funny though, is because of their slow start, and Forte's injury, someone just offered me a ridiculous trade. Wanted to give me Bush & Decker for Bryant & Fitz. Not sure why he would think I'm desperate when I'm 1-1.