Bench Mob

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So to fix the front court, obviously somebody needs to go.

I assume we don't have a first? Treat P.Williams like our first rounder again next year...I look at it that way. We will be adding him in to what we get in trades.

So...fuck...we have alot of guards and need two more quality PFs/C types. imo. To complete this team.

Gotta have depth there or it's an exploitable weakness, and you can never run an NBA playoff gauntlet.

Agree or counter thoughts?

So who are our coveted guards, and how many do we keep?

Lavine/Ball/DeRozan

Ayo/Caruso/White/Green

I dont have tv...so I need help. But is that the gist?

That leaves white or ayo for me. Caruso is our Livingston, reliable guard. Keeper. Green is surpassing his roll and even with a front court is valuable chess piece.

Do you trade Ayo or White with a future unprotected (betting on ourselves) for a quality PF?

I'd like the Knicks to get dismantled and grab Randle though undersized, there could be better targets more available.

Who...what...when?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Randle isn’t going anywhere

the issue is salary matching when making any trade

i do think they need to find a way to add at least one quality big man to the roster. And by quality, I just mean a guy that will play solid defense and rebound…while being a guy that can knock down an open mid range jumper and has reliable hands.

Bradley has some of the worst hands for a guy that has massive hands lol

i would say the guys that are possibilities of trade bait are(and these are all based on the return being worth it)…

coby
troy brown jr
DJJ
javonte
Alize Johnson
marko

some of those guys I really like, but if the right big man was available and it meant having to give one or two of them up…then so be it

again, money matching will be he challenge for the bulls in a trade

bulls might get fortunate and have the right guy bought out and made available for the league min. Don’t the bulls still have their BAE too?

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wait until Zion demands a trade and hope Chicago is on his short list? ? At least you'd get him at a discount considering knee concerns and the leverage you'd get by him wanting out. And bring PAW off the bench to sure up that second unit?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I assume we don't have a first?
The Bulls have their 2022 1st. They also will get Portland's pick as long as they make the playoffs.

Bulls will give their 2023 1st to Orlando, unless its in the Top 4. Two years later they will give their first to San Antonio, unless its in the Top 10.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
The Bulls have their 2022 1st. They also will get Portland's pick as long as they make the playoffs.

Bulls will give their 2023 1st to Orlando, unless its in the Top 4. Two years later they will give their first to San Antonio, unless its in the Top 10.
Thanks Lauri!!

That’s another reason the bulls won the jimmy butler trade. They got ZL, and they got Lauri which has turned into DJJ, a lottery protected first round pick, and a second round pick.

The gift that keeps on giving!

#WhatImThankfulFor

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Thanks Lauri!!

That’s another reason the bulls won the jimmy butler trade. They got ZL, and they got Lauri which has turned into DJJ, a lottery protected first round pick, and a second round pick.

The gift that keeps on giving!

#WhatImThankfulFor
This doesn't fit into the narrative of "GarPax were good for nothing".

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
This doesn't fit into the narrative of "GarPax were good for nothing".
Haha I always felt gar/pax were decent at drafting. Not much else…oddly this was a trade they actually made…and one that I liked a lot

Knock on them for me was they didn’t know how to push their chips all in on the table, and they were clueless when it came to understanding the players of today. Top it off with they couldn’t attract that star player to Chicago

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Haha I always felt gar/pax were decent at drafting. Not much else…oddly this was a trade they actually made…and one that I liked a lot

Knock on them for me was they didn’t know how to push their chips all in on the table, and they were clueless when it came to understanding the players of today. Top it off with they couldn’t attract that star player to Chicago
They were above average drafters. I think there are two good trades in their time here, one of which could have been a lot better had they not traded Aldridge for Tyrus Thomas.. But the Curry dump for two 1sts was a steal move and we got Joakim out of it.

I think the Zach trade was a good haul for Jimmy Butler, a player they picked up at 30th in 2011.

There are some bad picks of course, like trading for Tyrus Thomas, trading for Doug McDermott. I won't fault them much for getting mid or late round picks wrong.

Most of their trades though were simply salary dumps. And basically what your second paragraph is, in that they never took risks, didn't understand players, nor knew how to actually attract talent here.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I'd give them 3 good trades: Trading Noc and Gooden for Salmons and Brad Miller.

I believe that was the only trade they ever made that improved the team at that moment. Trade led to the epic 1st round series vs Boston that got our young guys serious reps in the playoffs. Brad also helped Noah's development.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'd give them 3 good trades: Trading Noc and Gooden for Salmons and Brad Miller.

I believe that was the only trade they ever made that improved the team at that moment. Trade led to the epic 1st round series vs Boston that got our young guys serious reps in the playoffs. Brad also helped Noah's development.
I always felt like that was kind of a salary dump that turned into an accidental gain.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
I´m still mad about them not listening to Thibs and drafting Marquis Teague over Draymond Green...