Bengals released Andy Dalton

elbandido

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Trubisky Foles Dalton. 3 headed monster. Would love to have the three worst QBs in the NFL last year. If young and bad does not work out we can go old and bad and then old and statue bad. That's 3 gears, I see our division foes trembling.
The three stooges...great...

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Dalton & Newton available shows how insanely stupid it was to trade for Foles.

For a 4th round draft pick no less. I also think it is important to mention Winston whom signed a relatively small contract. Of course there was no guarantee that Dalton and Newton were going to be FAs or that either would sign with the Bears when the Bears traded for Foles. I think that has to be taken into consideration.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
For a 4th round draft pick no less. I also think it is important to mention Winston whom signed a relatively small contract. Of course there was no guarantee that Dalton and Newton were going to be FAs or that either would sign with the Bears when the Bears traded for Foles. I think that has to be taken into consideration.

we'll see what each is willing to sign for noooblet.

What made Foles attractive to a team that already up against the cap was he was willing to take 8million per nub

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Winston just signed for one million.
But is he the stabilizing force we needed? This wasn't about signing just anybody with an arm. Nagy wanted someone that could run his O. Bridgewater is upstanding, smart and can run systems, So is Foles, at least for this system. Winston? Virginia probably vetoes that anyway but do you want a Qb that can take games away from your good D like he did last year?

Even if you knew Dalton was getting released, were you going to go without and maybe have him choose elsewhere after others have already found new homes? They needed to move and got a fit that was available. That said, I don't want Dalton anyway but why is Cam still out there?

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Pats or this dude's career is basically over with.

BPo001

Liked Posts:
Steelers could sign him. Big Ben isn’t getting any younger, and they showed last year that they don’t have a good backup QB.

Applefan

Liked Posts:
Dalton & Newton available shows how insanely stupid it was to trade for Foles.

Wrong. No one really knows how healthy Cam is. Team doctors can't get their hands on him to do physical because of the pandemic restrictions. Bengals were being dicks and asking for more than what the Bears gave up for Dalton. How stupid would it be to wait till April 30th to bring in Dalton. The Bears were trying the veteran FA market with Bridgewater apparently, they lost a bidding war to Carolina. Bridgewater got more than Foles is gonna earn. They traded a 4th rounder-who could easily turn out to be another K'adeem Carey not Eddie Jackson-as opposed to having to get in a bidding war for Dalton.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Wrong. No one really knows how healthy Cam is. Team doctors can't get their hands on him to do physical because of the pandemic restrictions. Bengals were being dicks and asking for more than what the Bears gave up for Dalton. How stupid would it be to wait till April 30th to bring in Dalton. The Bears were trying the veteran FA market with Bridgewater apparently, they lost a bidding war to Carolina. Bridgewater got more than Foles is gonna earn. They traded a 4th rounder-who could easily turn out to be another K'adeem Carey not Eddie Jackson-as opposed to having to get in a bidding war for Dalton.

Trading a 4th for the worst available QB is a moronic move. Especially when they had so few picks to begin with. They were willing to get into a bidding war for Bridgewater but not Dalton? Rubbish. Foles behind a bad OL isn't the recipe for success.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
But is he the stabilizing force we needed? This wasn't about signing just anybody with an arm. Nagy wanted someone that could run his O. Bridgewater is upstanding, smart and can run systems, So is Foles, at least for this system. Winston? Virginia probably vetoes that anyway but do you want a Qb that can take games away from your good D like he did last year?

Even if you knew Dalton was getting released, were you going to go without and maybe have him choose elsewhere after others have already found new homes? They needed to move and got a fit that was available. That said, I don't want Dalton anyway but why is Cam still out there?

On Winston, no, I didn't want him nor do I think he would be a stabilizing force. Just showing that Foles willing to re-negotiate his contract isn't some great point in his favor.