Bengals to work with Dalton on a trade

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Thats a bit far imo. I agree that he was very poor last year and overall has been a mediocre QB throughout his career. But he still offers a decent floor for a FA signing. He's been in Cincy for a long time...maybe a change in scenery is what he needs, similar to Ryan Tannehill.

Personally, I'd pass at making a trade for him for 17 mil. But if he is available on the market, he still could have something left in the tank. He's 32 and could give us 5-6 good years if he pans out. If not, no harm. Draft another young guy you can develop also, and give yourself multiple chances to succeed.

We still have Dear Sweet Mitchell fans that are holding out for the miracle that he'll finally be able to mentally process the game in year four. At this point I don't blame them because they're just hopeful fans. It amazes me how quickly they shoot down another team's QB, but will not admit that Mitch doesn't have it.

No matter how many times you point out that Chase Daniel needs to be replaced anyway, the initial reaction is to trash the FA because deep down they know any vet FA could potentially take Mitch' s job.

Fields2021

Fields 2021, Make Da Bears Great Again!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Dodgers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
people really need to ask themselves if they see us winning a superbowl with Dalton. Because he is 0-4 in the playoffs when he had a better offensive roster than he will in Chicago, and hasn't been the same player since 2015-2016, If the answer is no, then there's no point to bring him in. were going to be stuck in the fucking middle unfortunately. is he better than Mitch? yes, but at this point in his career he's worse than Kirk Cousins, and has the same coming up short moments.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Mariota is a lock to join the Bears...A LOCK!
i can live with that..fix the o-line now, find our TE, set the cap space up for next season, settle the fuck down, Nagy does his game plans proper, beat packers x 2 and vikings x2 and maybe we have a shot for playoffs. and then we either keep Mitch and/or Mariota, sign, draft or trade for a QB..AFTER the oline is fixed.

Sometimes I wonder..does bears fans sit on a chair with no support??????

Rocksteady

Night Elf
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Few reports out there about them working with him to find a trade partner.

I personally don’t want him and i sure as shit don’t want pace to trade for him so the deal should be finalized ANY minute now

for a 5th rounder maybe. I dont like that they had a pretty good team and things regressed quickly. Basically the same team went from playoff to bottom of the league. Bengals are pretty cursed though.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
people really need to ask themselves if they see us winning a superbowl with Dalton. Because he is 0-4 in the playoffs when he had a better offensive roster than he will in Chicago, and hasn't been the same player since 2015-2016, If the answer is no, then there's no point to bring him in. were going to be stuck in the fucking middle unfortunately. is he better than Mitch? yes, but at this point in his career he's worse than Kirk Cousins, and has the same coming up short moments.

Can he win a SB isn't a qualifier to me.

Can he score in the 1st half regularly is.

Getting Dalton doesn't stop us from drafting a new QB in 2021.

I don't know why Chicago fans think you can only have one functional Qb on the roster at a time.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Because his career average is 2018 Mitch.

Dalton almost guarantees us that we can get 2018 Mitch which was good enough for us to be competitive.
except he doesn't fit at all in this offense.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Here is the problem with signing a Matt Moore level backup

Starting QB,

2020: Mitch
2021: Probably a random veteran
2022: the guy you draft in 2021?

No one would have any real continuity or serious experience in the system.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you bring a guy like Dalton in

2020: Mitch and Dalton
2021: Dalton and Rookie
2022: Rookie and Dalton

You would at least have some continuity and guys in the system for more than a cup of coffee.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
If you bring a guy like Dalton in

2020: Mitch and Dalton
2021: Dalton and Rookie
2022: Rookie and Dalton

You would at least have some continuity and guys in the system for more than a cup of coffee.

He'd be a fine back up at the right price.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The issue with Dalton is two-fold:

What do we have to give up for Dalton?
What do we have to pay Dalton?
How much better is Dalton than what we already have?

Three-fold.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I know I am a sucker, but I want it to click for Trubisky.....Not really interested in spending draft picks on a washed up QB, as a matter of fact I would like to see Bray as the backup.

I would rather go all in for one more year with Mitch and if we are going to trade let it be for a TE

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I know I am a sucker, but I want it to click for Trubisky.....Not really interested in spending draft picks on a washed up QB, as a matter of fact I would like to see Bray as the backup.

I would rather go all in for one more year with Mitch and if we are going to trade let it be for a TE

Do you have insurance on your house? Car?

You should have insurance for your under performing QB.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Because his career average is 2018 Mitch.

Not really. Career QBR is 87.5 vs. Mitch of 85.8 (2018 Mitch was 95.4).

Nevertheless, I am all in on Dalton at the right price. He is probably the perfect measuring stick for Nagy's offense.

It makes a real simple QB room for the Bears. Either Mitch elevates his play and takes the job, or we get to see quite a bit of Dalton and if Nagy can improve on his career QBR of 87.5.

Giving Nagy a solid C- quarterback is a great litmus test. Can he elevate the offense with his scheme? If he can't, the book gets closed on Nagy real quick and the next coach isn't tied to any expensive QB signings.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Do you have insurance on your house? Car?

You should have insurance for your under performing QB.
Tyler Bray has been in the system for longer than any QB out there on the FA market not named Chase Daniel. He has a better arm and at 6'6" he can play from the pocket, he does not need to run around to find open lanes to throw from. Daniel claims to be 6' and he just does not have enough of an arm to stretch the field.

Unless you are bringing in someone that is tremendously more talented than Trubisky, knowing the system is more important.

I'm just not convinced that we are better off with a cast off QB either in a starting role or a Backup role than we are rolling with Trubisky.

Like I said in another thread, I'm a sucker, but I honest don't think that in a year where we are already limited on resources, that we shouldn't waste it on any of the QBs out there.

Winston is the only QB (assuming he is cut) that I would be interested in taking a shot on.

Last edited:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not really. Career QBR is 87.5 vs. Mitch of 85.8 (2018 Mitch was 95.4).

Nevertheless, I am all in on Dalton at the right price. He is probably the perfect measuring stick for Nagy's offense.

It makes a real simple QB room for the Bears. Either Mitch elevates his play and takes the job, or we get to see quite a bit of Dalton and if Nagy can improve on his career QBR of 87.5.

Giving Nagy a solid C- quarterback is a great litmus test. Can he elevate the offense with his scheme? If he can't, the book gets closed on Nagy real quick and the next coach isn't tied to any expensive QB signings.

Average Dalton [1] vs 2018 Mitch [2]

[1] 62%, 237 [7.1 per attempt], 1.5 TDs, .9 INT 87 QBR
[2] 66.5% 230 [7.4 per attempt] 1.75 TDs, .85 INT, 95.5 QBR

Average Dalton is pretty damn close to 2018 Mitch.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Tyler Bray has been in the system for longer than any QB out there on the FA market not named Chase Daniel. He has a better arm and at 6'6" he can play from the pocket, he does not need to run around to find open lanes to throw from. Daniel claims to be 6' and he just does not have enough of an arm to stretch the field.

Unless you are bringing in someone that is tremendously more talented than Trubisky, knowing the system is more important.

I'm just not convinced that we are better off with a cast off QB either in a starting role or a Backup role than we are rolling with Trubisky.

Like I said in another thread, I'm a sucker, but I honest don't think that in a year where we are already limited on resources, that we shouldn't waste it on any of the QBs out there.

Winston is the only QB (assuming he is cut) that I would be interested in taking a shot on.

Tyler Bray has spent most of his career on the practice squad.

Has Never started a game.

Has 1 career NFL pass and it was incomplete.

Bray is a bum.