bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Montucky

Liked Posts:
They get at this late in the video but there is just a lot of very precarious situations on this roster that people sort of wave over.

One of the biggest is the overall lack of elite talent. Skipping the debates around Justin Fields, the Bears really have none. Darnell Wright looks like a good player but for a right tackle to really be elite talent he's going to need to be that Lane Johnson or Orlando Brown Jr. type player, which is a rare thing to find.

Whether you were willing to take the risk or not Jalen Carter presented you with the opportunity for a Warren Sapp-type elite talent. The Bears passed on it, unless Wright is a really special player its going to be tough to justify this pick if Carter realizes his talent.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They get at this late in the video but there is just a lot of very precarious situations on this roster that people sort of wave over.

One of the biggest is the overall lack of elite talent. Skipping the debates around Justin Fields, the Bears really have none. Darnell Wright looks like a good player but for a right tackle to really be elite talent he's going to need to be that Lane Johnson or Orlando Brown Jr. type player, which is a rare thing to find.

Whether you were willing to take the risk or not Jalen Carter presented you with the opportunity for a Warren Sapp-type elite talent. The Bears passed on it, unless Wright is a really special player its going to be tough to justify this pick if Carter realizes his talent.
Lol. Orlando Brown is now elite. Moore good stuff from you

Montucky

Liked Posts:
What I'm saying is they could've just not signed a couple of worthless off-ball linebackers who do nothing to change the Bears season outcome, redirected that money to Mike McGlinchey and had a good-not-great offensive tackle that would not have cost a top ten draft pick.

So either Darnell Wright is going to need to be very special or they better pray Jalen Carter never figures it out and has a bad career outcome.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What I'm saying is they could've just not signed a couple of worthless off-ball linebackers who do nothing to change the Bears season outcome, redirected that money to Mike McGlinchey and had a good-not-great offensive tackle that would not have cost a top ten draft pick.

So either Darnell Wright is going to need to be very special or they better pray Jalen Carter never figures it out and has a bad career outcome.

You never cease to amaze me with your football stupidity

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Gotta love the take that however Carter does in Philly would be the exact same outcome here.
If you believe the Bears can't develop him but Philadelphia can then you're exposing your own lack of faith in this organization and the people in charge of it.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If you believe the Bears can't develop him but Philadelphia can then you're exposing your own lack of faith in this organization and the people in charge of it.
I don’t think this team has the proper support in place at this time. As it was said on Atlanta radio today, Carter needs his teammates from Georgia to succeed and effectively babysit him. Jordan Davis is like a big brother to him. Besides, Philly has a thing for dominant DT’s that like to race.

Thedude

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gotta love the take that however Carter does in Philly would be the exact same outcome here.
Taking the leadership in the locker room out of this, which is massive. The pressure on Carter here on this D is incredible, he would be the face of the D.

I hope he gets his shit straight and has a successful career and a happy life. Still not going to blame the bears for passing on him.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Taking the leadership in the locker room out of this, which is massive. The pressure on Carter here on this D is incredible, he would be the face of the D.

I hope he gets his shit straight and has a successful career and a happy life. Still not going to blame the bears for passing on him.
This. I’d prefer Carter over Wright and for Poles to have signed a RT. But that didn’t happen and I get why ownership probably nixed any idea of drafting him even if Poles & Flus wanted him.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I really don't do this routine teebeeych.

You millennials just aren’t familiar with history are ya? Look up Jerome Brown

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:

Or, both players could turn out to be really good. Or both players could turn out to be dog shit. There's multiple ways this can play out. And if both players end up good. *Shocker* it's win for both teams.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Wait.....a guy who

Was part of a speed race that led to an accident/death then lied to the police

Took plenty of plays off

Tapped out of a pro day after showing up fat and overweight

Had character issues???

I'm shocked

Monster

Liked Posts:
Wait.....a guy who

Was part of a speed race that led to an accident/death then lied to the police