Besides Payton. Who is your most Pure Back for the Chicago Bears?

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sayers was electrifying, and to this day still holds the NFL record for highest average kickoff return average. Neal Anderson was also amazing; a threat to go the distance on every play. Former RB coach Johnny Roland said that Neal had Willie Gault like speed in a RBs body.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Best RB I ever saw was Sayers but Walter was the best football player....he could have played other positions and been great.

TheMarshallPlan

Ladies: Libertarians Do It Better!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Best RB I ever saw was Sayers but Walter was the best football player....he could have played other positions and been great.

If we're talking strictly Bears players, Payton is the best football player I've ever seen. I was a kid when the Bears started to get good in the early to mid 80s. I'll never forget watching that guy. He just couldn't be stopped and it's not like Ditka's offense required a lot of thought. The defense knew who was getting the ball. Payton was just that damn good.

I'm still pissed that Payton never got a TD in the Super Bowl. That was total bullshit.

In terms of best football players on ANY team, I'd have to add Deion Sanders and Barry Sanders to that list. No disrespect to Payton in the slightest. I'm just naming players who weren't Bears.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I am so surprised no one said the galloping ghost red grange or bronco nagurski. Those were times when you knew teams were running and the there were no face masks.

That was real gladiator football then.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am so surprised no one said the galloping ghost red grange or bronco nagurski. Those were times when you knew teams were running and the there were no face masks.

That was real gladiator football then.
Single handedly saved the NFL, Red Grange. He would be on my all time top 5 list of Bears players because of that. Sadly, as old as I am, didn't see him play. Got to ask Virginia. Heh.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
The answer is Neal Anderson. Shame his prime didn't last longer. Pretty sure he still holds the longest run in Soldier Field history with a 80 yard TD vs the Pack. The run shows off his insane vision and speed, as well as a little power and agility to tight rope the sideline and dive in at the end. Actually, it's at 13:37 in one of the above highlight clips. How he runs off the blocks, breaks a tackle, splits the defenders, uses his speed to cut back across the field, then tight ropes and dives in for a TD is pretty spectacular. One of the best runs I've ever seen. Not THE best (probably Lynch vs the Saints IMO) but it's up there.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
If we're talking strictly Bears players, Payton is the best football player I've ever seen. I was a kid when the Bears started to get good in the early to mid 80s. I'll never forget watching that guy. He just couldn't be stopped and it's not like Ditka's offense required a lot of thought. The defense knew who was getting the ball. Payton was just that damn good.

I'm still pissed that Payton never got a TD in the Super Bowl. That was total bullshit.

In terms of best football players on ANY team, I'd have to add Deion Sanders and Barry Sanders to that list. No disrespect to Payton in the slightest. I'm just naming players who weren't Bears.

Barry Sanders was the best I ever saw play, and behind him is already Patrick Mahomes. And yeah, I'm serious.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anderson/Forte
Jones
Grange
Nagurski
Thomas
Harris