Best hot dog place in Chicago

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why did you capitalize Hot Dog?
Define Capitalize

I always ended up at the place by the Western Ave blue line stop on my way back drunk from the Map Room.
The Polish sausage comes with fries. I said I didn't want the fries and the guy said I was getting the goddamn fries or he was gonna kick my ass. The fries were pretty good.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Define Capitalize

I always ended up at the place by the Western Ave blue line stop on my way back drunk from the Map Room.
The Polish sausage comes with fries. I said I didn't want the fries and the guy said I was getting the goddamn fries or he was gonna kick my ass. The fries were pretty good.
The best Polish is from Maxwell Street, but I realize that was out of your way. Fries don't come with it.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Define Capitalize

That place is good, I lived around the corner from there for a couple years. Redhot Ranch.

Also miss the Map Room, one of Chicago's OG craft beer bars.

Last edited:

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
That place is good, I lived around the corner from there for a couple years. Redhot Ranch.

Also miss the Map Room, one of Chicago's OG craft beer bars.
redhot ranch doubdawg-2-400x296.jpg

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I disagree. NYC has more restaurants but not better restaurants. San Francisco and Los Angeles don't have as diverse restaurants as Chicago.
How much time have you spent in all 4 cities dining about?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I put Mayo on my hot dogs but dont worry only Blue Plate.

Also, Nola fucks Chicago in food. Bozos

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
How much time have you spent in all 4 cities dining about?
I have been to all of them atleast twice for a week each and ate out every day. So I have been to probably 20 different restaurants in all locations mentioned. For authentic and fine dining, Chicago wins IMO. Ofcourse it is my opinion. I am not here to have a debate though.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I've never had good gumbo, its one of those things I figure I'll try if I ever get to NO.
It’s good but you could probably make it just as good yourself.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Stick to a restaurant that serves Vienna beef hot dogs and you'll be fine. IMO most people couldn't tell the difference between the majority of hot dog places that serve Vienna if given a blind taste test.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
I have been to all of them atleast twice for a week each and ate out every day. So I have been to probably 20 different restaurants in all locations mentioned. For authentic and fine dining, Chicago wins IMO. Ofcourse it is my opinion. I am not here to have a debate though.
Fair enough. Chicago has amazing dining options, and based upon my personal experience and preferences, is the 4th best city for dining in the country, and the only place i will order and eat a hot dog (and a Maxwell St Polish).

Too many Chicagoans are swayed by the quantity vs. price metric, where I grew up a place got huge marks if a mediocre dinner plate was so large that i could serve as lunch the next day. That's not my personal metric, but too each their own.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Also, IMO, the two most overhyped food genres are: BBQ and Cajun. Great flavors, but just not as great as their reps.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When I was young I went to see my friend in Cedar Rapids.
We went to the food court at the mall and he insisted I get a taco dog.
It was a hotdog with fritos and salsa on it.
That's an ethnic meal in Iowa. That and taco pizza.