Better Now Than Later

xcutioner1977

Liked Posts:
I know the loss sucks but it's better to work the kinks out now rather than the 2nd half of the season. We want to get hot during the second half and find our groove going into the playoffs. Hopefully the team will learn from these mistakes now and make the proper adjustments down the home stretch.

the defense we have we will not be getting hot at all this is a 6-10 or 5-11 team said but it is what it is

Bear Nation

Liked Posts:
Look at the late season runs made in recent years by the Steelers, Giants, and Packers when they won the Super Bowl. All of them began their seasons beating themselves like we've been doing these first couple of games. The talent is there, we just have to put it altogether.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
will be tough to get to 4-4 by the break, but we knew it. season isn't over YET, but a frustrating loss today.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Look at the late season runs made in recent years by the Steelers, Giants, and Packers when they won the Super Bowl. All of them began their seasons beating themselves like we've been doing these first couple of games. The talent is there, we just have to put it altogether.
That's the thing though. We haven't shown the ability to put it all together before and it goes back to last season. Granted Cutler went down, but the Minnesota, Washington, Philadelphia and St. Louis games were the same shit. And we also had the Dallas, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Green Bay games that made us look like contenders.

I believe this team has the talent to go on a roll like that, but they also have the lack of discipline that says 8-8 (see: Dallas Cowboys the last 5 or so years).

It all comes down to how well we can execute in key situations. We blew the Panthers out of the stadium for 2 quartets and then promptly let them back in.

Rosario false start on 2nd and 1, Marty drops a 3rd down first down pass, Gould misses a field goal, defenses lets them go down for a score before the half.

Then Jay turns it over, Panthers tie it up, Forte turns it over, Panthers take the lead, Jay gets sacked to end the game.

When we make mistakes we make them in succession. It snowballs. And when we do things well like the 21 unanswered points it's the same thing. We can't keep having these roller coaster momentum swings. Someone has to stop the bleeding when a mistake happens and we also can't get to full of ourselves when we get rolling.

Right now, we need to focus on playing solid, consistent football and forget going for the spectacular.

We also need to find an identity and I don't think the identity is relying on our defense to set up the offense off turnovers.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If they go 8-8 what happens?

That would be a massive let down.

8-8? Sounds just like a post 2006 Bears team. We've been stuck in this mediocre rut for 6+ seasons now.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree with the OP. This is a team that has the ingredients to be good (not great). Last year's team was so depleted on defense that limping into the playoffs would have been pointless. This team can continue to give away close games to mediocre teams for a while longer and still rally, sneak in with a wild card, and get a playoff win.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
At first I was going to rip the OP, but then I got to wondering how old he is, and he must be young, because if he is an old timer then he is just purely dilusional given the decades of history to draw on with this fucked up team.

So to the OP, if you are young you will learn that these types of "putting it all together to win it all", like the Giants did, are reserved for real football teams, not the Bears, the Bears are schedule fillers. They are the only team that does not have it's own stadium, they would rather play on a shit filed, then to take their easy money from their dopey fans and build a REAL football stadium. Hell, they would go back to Wrigley if the park district kicked them out, that's what they think of their fans.

And if you are an old timer, you really should find different drugs.