Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
See Red Fred and Doug Thonus break down the latest on the Bulls after victories over the Knicks and Nets.

The Schedule (1:00)

The Nets Game, Javonte Green & Ayo’s Glory (5:00)

DeMar DeRozan is an MVP candidate (11:00)

Does Lonzo Ball have All-Star Ability? (15:00)

Derrick Jones Jr. (30:00)

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
DeMar an MVP candidate?! Can’t be, I’ve been assured the bulls don’t have enough star power on the roster

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
DeMar an MVP candidate?! Can’t be, I’ve been assured the bulls don’t have enough star power on the roster
DeMar is certainly an MVP candidate (So is Zach). Is he going to win it? No.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
DeMar is certainly an MVP candidate (So is Zach). Is he going to win it? No.
I would suggest that 2 MVP candidates = enough star power

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I would suggest that 2 MVP candidates = enough star power
Enough star power to what? Win it?

NBA.com has an MVP ladder in which DeMar & Zach rank 7 and 8 (Last updated 12/3).

Basketball-reference has a MVP Award Tracker that is based on previous voting results (aka predicting how writers usually vote). DeMar is 9th on it with a 2% probability of winning the MVP, Zach isn't ranked at all.

Personally, I find some fault in this particular list because James Harden (#7) and DeAndre Ayton (#10) are also on it, in which I don't think either should even be in the discussion. I question Gobert being on it too, but less so than those two.

But, this all doesn't really mean anything. Derrick Rose and Ben "What is offense?" Simmons got an MVP vote last season. Joakim Noah once finished 4th in MVP voting. The 2013-14 Bulls won one whole playoff game. Chris Paul and Blake Griffin placed in the MVP voting multiple times when they were with the Clippers, yet never left the 2nd round.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Enough star power to what? Win it?

NBA.com has an MVP ladder in which DeMar & Zach rank 7 and 8 (Last updated 12/3).

Basketball-reference has a MVP Award Tracker that is based on previous voting results (aka predicting how writers usually vote). DeMar is 9th on it with a 2% probability of winning the MVP, Zach isn't ranked at all.

Personally, I find some fault in this particular list because James Harden (#7) and DeAndre Ayton (#10) are also on it, in which I don't think either should even be in the discussion. I question Gobert being on it too, but less so than those two.

But, this all doesn't really mean anything. Derrick Rose and Ben "What is offense?" Simmons got an MVP vote last season. Joakim Noah once finished 4th in MVP voting. The 2013-14 Bulls won one whole playoff game. Chris Paul and Blake Griffin placed in the MVP voting multiple times when they were with the Clippers, yet never left the 2nd round.
It’s in response to you previously claiming the bulls don’t have enough star power to compete for a title…those were your words…

and I highly question that notion.

IMO the bulls have plenty of star power…it’s the depth that they lack, although last night they showed they had a lil more than people think perhaps

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It’s in response to you previously claiming the bulls don’t have enough star power to compete for a title…those were your words…

and I highly question that notion.

IMO the bulls have plenty of star power…it’s the depth that they lack, although last night they showed they had a lil more than people think perhaps
The Bulls absolutely have star power, they lack superstar power in my opinion.
This is my quote.

I know you think Zach is a super, and I don't have a problem with you thinking that. Everything is an opinion at this point.

Generally, any team that finishes in the Top 2 or 3 in its conference is considered a contender, superstars or not. Where the Bulls sit right now, they would be a contender for sure by that definition. Though important to state they're also only a 5 game losing streak away from not being in the playoffs at all lol (not that I think that will happen) at this point.

It's only early December, so the standings have a lot of time to shake things out.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
This is my quote.

I know you think Zach is a super, and I don't have a problem with you thinking that. Everything is an opinion at this point.

Generally, any team that finishes in the Top 2 or 3 in its conference is considered a contender, superstars or not. Where the Bulls sit right now, they would be a contender for sure by that definition. Though important to state they're also only a 5 game losing streak away from not being in the playoffs at all lol (not that I think that will happen) at this point.

It's only early December, so the standings have a lot of time to shake things out.
Yes, and your quote by definition would mean you don’t think they have enough star power because they lack a superstar in your opinion…not having a superstar would be lack of star power