***Official*** College Football Thread (Vol. 2020 season)

TL1961

Liked Posts:
There goes three patsies on the schedule. And two wins.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Pac-12 just announced the same. The ACC to make their decision in late July.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Apparently they have never heard of zoom

They could do something else but Zoom is one of the easiest video conference apps to hack into.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The ripple effect here is when a team like Michigan plays a team like Akron. Akron gets a few million to be lambs to slaughter, and that money helps go to non-revenue sports.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
They could do something else but Zoom is one of the easiest video conference apps to hack into.
Fair enough. I've never used zoom personally. I'm sure the SEC could figure a secure way to hold a conference call.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The ripple effect here is when a team like Michigan plays a team like Akron. Akron gets a few million to be lambs to slaughter, and that money helps go to non-revenue sports.
Colleges are going to get wrecked without football revenue. University of Northern Iowa has already announced salary reductions for employees and layoffs as they anticipate having no revenue from ticket sales/games against B1G teams and concessions.

The Iowa State AD also recently sent out a letter to season ticket holders asking for donations as they expect revenue to drop by over 50%. I'm sure every college in the country is in this same boat.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Colleges are going to get wrecked without football revenue. University of Northern Iowa has already announced salary reductions for employees and layoffs as they anticipate having no revenue from ticket sales/games against B1G teams and concessions.

The Iowa State AD also recently sent out a letter to season ticket holders asking for donations as they expect revenue to drop by over 50%. I'm sure every college in the country is in this same boat.
If they can't play in the fall then I fully expect them to make a go at it in the spring. Even knowing that the star players like Trevor Lawrence would skip to prepare for the draft, they would still make more money than any other college sport could offer.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
If they can't play in the fall then I fully expect them to make a go at it in the spring. Even knowing that the star players like Trevor Lawrence would skip to prepare for the draft, they would still make more money than any other college sport could offer.

Yeah, I can see them trying for a Spring. But like you said, the big draft prospects won't be playing.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm worried about college basketball at this point. Last year Iowa had a great team. A team that could have easily made it to the sweet 16. They have lost nobody of note and added talent. Way to early rankings just came out and had Iowa at #5. This could be the best Iowa team of my lifetime, if they can't play I'm going to fucking lose it.

Garza has an announcement planned in August and people are expecting that it's about jumping to the NBA. Fuck you COVID.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not no more. They are about to announce they are cancelling the season..

Seems like all of NCAA is trying to do this.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Dan Patrick just said B1G voted 12-2 to postpone the season.

Two votes against it - Iowa and Nebraska lol

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hopefully basketball still happens. This current Illini team has a chance to win the B1G and possibly get to the elite 8. I also want to beat Garza and Iowa

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I have read that there's discussion about pushing the season back to spring...but like in the other thread...I have no idea how that would work. Seems pretty tough to have guys play in the spring, and then turn around and play in the fall again.

And of course, the draft is scheduled for late April.