CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The weapons are fine.

We need the line to be good.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You really think that they will sign Godwin next year? They won’t even sign ARob now. We will let ARob walk and not sign anyone good, then Fields won’t have anyone and he will fail.
Pace committed to taking the cheap approach with Robinson by using the tag, which is not necessarily an indication of whether he *would* re-sign ARob to a long term deal.

ARob is pissed about the situation—specifically the lack of good faith negotiations—but hopefully once we navigate our cap situation, we'll sign him long term. It's the obvious move to support a young, talented QB like Fields.

We would have traded ARob before the draft if we were moving on. We needed the draft capital and his value probably won't be higher than it was then.

shoez90

Liked Posts:
How about trading Mack for Julio Jones? Atlanta is taking calls. Can you imagine jones and Robinson for the kid Fields. This would be magical.
Why lol then we go to being like them and the saints and having to score fifty points a game to eek out a win. we just need decent route runners who can catch. I wouldn't mind a Amendola, or Etelman what ever the fuk his name is type guy. We act like we need a nineties version of Randy Moss to win in the north. Detroit had that combo for a decade could barely put together a .500 season.

shoez90

Liked Posts:
We have Robinson and Mooney is developing and overall our WRs aren't that bad. Plus, a good QB should make the group look better. But with Trevathon getting older and the loss of Fuller, losing Mack would hurt our D too much. right now they are still good enough to keep us in games, especially with the return of Goldman, so I would stay pat. Still hoping they find a cheap vet LT so the rookie can play RT like he did in college this year at least to learn NFL speed.
didn't we draft two tackles? isn't there a limit of two tackles? then play them both left or right. it's not Nascar where you only learn how to turn one direction.

Varking

Enigma
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Toronto FC
  1. Minnesota Timberwolves
  1. Carolina Panthers
  1. Colorado Avalanche
  1. Florida Gators
I think every year the college ranks produce a ton of talented pass catchers that I wouldn’t want to trade away an elite defensive player for a WR.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
lol....how about not.

Chris Godwin is a FA next season. Just go after him. Not sure tampa retains him.

No thanks to paying spatula hands.

Cacsac10

Liked Posts:
I think every year the college ranks produce a ton of talented pass catchers that I wouldn’t want to trade away an elite defensive player for a WR.
When have the bears ever drafted a good wr? I'll tell You when. NEVER. Not in 100 years

Varking

Enigma
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Toronto FC
  1. Carolina Panthers
  1. Colorado Avalanche
  1. Florida Gators
When have the bears ever drafted a good wr? I'll tell You when. NEVER. Not in 100 years
I mean that’s cool and all but that just means the Bears are due to finally hit on one.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I think an underrated thing about Fields is his swagger and demeanor. He will mesh well with our young WRs and offense, and step up and be the leader of a team that seemed like they never truly got behind Mitch.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
It’s going to surprise some people just how valuable Goldman is. His return this year is going to help Mack, hicks, Nichols, and even Quinn look a lot better. That push up the middle Goldman provides is invaluable. Collapse the pocket and force the QB to move to one side or the other and let Mack and co. feast

Varking

Enigma
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Toronto FC
  1. Carolina Panthers
  1. Colorado Avalanche
  1. Florida Gators
The draft is loaded with WRs every year now. It’s better bang for your buck to draft one in the second or third now than sign a free agent unless he’s a slam dunk, Cant miss guy. Julio has been hobbled the last few years.