Biggest surprise on defense this year?

CutlerWithTheGW

Liked Posts:
With all the competitions on defense for LB and Safety, who do you think will surprise you the most this year? Im going to go on a limb here and say Bostic and Mundy.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
DE Willie young will surprise a lot of people this year in a good way.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
And plays well enough to shut up the critics.

I just want someone, ANYONE, to show up and play well. Like I've said before, one of the primary problems of our secondary last year was the God awful Dline.Hell the linebackers couldn't even stop the run so RBs ended up in our secodary all the time as well. It was ridiculous.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Very few secondary players would have done well last year, that's why I kind of gave them all a pass.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
DE Willie young will surprise a lot of people this year in a good way.
Yep you took my guy. I think W.Young is gonna impress big time this year. There hasn't been a lot said about him but he's gonna be have a solid year for us.

mac bear

Liked Posts:
I don't know if it will be a 'surprise' or not, but I do expect to see Bostic as a positive headline. I remember reading about the intelligence of him and his family. I think his athletic ability wasn't questioned, nor his intelligence, rather, could they merge. I think with a year under his belt, a shift in system, more akin to what he was 'used to' in college, and the right attitude and coaching, and he could, and will excel.

Secondly, I really want to see the emergence of the Fuller, Jennings and Peanut as a unit that gains a nick name...

GBlaze08

Member in Ommys mouth
Liked Posts:
I don't know if it will be a 'surprise' or not, but I do expect to see Bostic as a positive headline. I remember reading about the intelligence of him and his family. I think his athletic ability wasn't questioned, nor his intelligence, rather, could they merge. I think with a year under his belt, a shift in system, more akin to what he was 'used to' in college, and the right attitude and coaching, and he could, and will excel.

Secondly, I really want to see the emergence of the Fuller, Jennings and Peanut as a unit that gains a nick name...

Alcatraz Island?

I dunno, gimme a few days. I've got nothing else.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Very few secondary players would have done well last year, that's why I kind of gave them all a pass.

Yep we had a tremendous amount of injuries last year on defense especially our D-Line which would hurt any teams secondary so i'm giving our whole defense a pass for last year.......yes even Conte.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
I don't know if it will be a surprise but I think Houston ends up being our best lineman and posts career highs in sacks and QB knock downs.

MEGATRON

Liked Posts:
Being able to stop (Insert running back here) from running all over us.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Christian Jones makes the team.

JErryAZuma

BallHawk/CardShark
Liked Posts:
Alcatraz Island?

I dunno, gimme a few days. I've got nothing else.

The Bear trap, The Caymans, the SHU, lol that's about as hard as trying to think of a name for a new NFL franchise that doesn't sound like an XFL team...corny.

I think Adrian Wilson will be better than his age would suggest, but I really think Bostic will make some noise this year