Biggest Turnaround 2023 - Pre Draft Predictions

Who improves the most in terms of net wins? 2022 records in ()...

• Bears (3-14)

Votes: 30 71.4%
  • Texans (3-13-1)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cardinals (4-13)

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Colts (4-12-1)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rams (5-12)

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Broncos (5-12)

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm gonna go with the Bears. Better strength of schedule, lost a lot of close ones, and (so far) have addressed many areas of need. Still lots of work to do on both lines.

Right now, I'm calling 9 wins total, possibly sniffing a wild card.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I agree on the Bears, all the other teams except Denver have a ton of work to do and Denver plays in a tough division.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Going from Nathaniel Hackett to Sean Payton is a bigger improvement than any team has made this year. I also don't love the AFC West next year. Chargers and Raiders are both prime candidates for a huge unraveling and Kansas City is having to do a soft reset on their offensive line and defense, plus a Super Bowl hangover.

Liked Posts:
Going from Nathaniel Hackett to Sean Payton is a bigger improvement than any team has made this year. I also don't love the AFC West next year. Chargers and Raiders are both prime candidates for a huge unraveling and Kansas City is having to do a soft reset on their offensive line and defense, plus a Super Bowl hangover.
Nah, Rustle Welson looks cooked.

Bears 10 wins next is a real possibility pending draft results.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Wilson is no where close to the QB Brees was

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Nah, Rustle Welson looks cooked.

Bears 10 wins next is a real possibility pending draft results.
Wilson is no where close to the QB Brees was
Russell Wilson should not be washed at thirty-four. He certianly could be, but its probably too early for him to fall off the cliff. It is more likely he had a down year that spiraled out of control because of poor roster construction and an all-time bad head coach.

Denver fixed the coach with one of the best head coaches of the modern era and they've done a lot to re-tool. I'm still unsure of their ability to rush the passer, but they are pretty good everywhere else.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m going with St Louis. They have too many quality pieces.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
It’s a toss up between Chicago and Denver.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
I want to see how the draft shakes out first. Bears have as good a chance as any of the teams listed here, but they still haven’t done all that much on either line, just replace a few depth guys.

Rams get Stafford back but are blowing up the defense and don’t believe in keeping their draft picks.

Even if Kyler Murray bounces back I’m not sure what else on Arizona scares me, or anybody else in the NFC west.

If Peyton can get Russ to play with his head not up his own ass, the broncos have the best chance on this list.

Colts have a defense that keeps them from the draft spot they need to be and a GM on his last shot. He needs to get lucky not getting the 1st 2 cracks of the qbs available this draft. He needs a miracle.

The Texans’ chances hinge on the QB they pick. Otherwise Ryans will be getting the Culley/Lovie treatment if it’s week 15 and they have 2 wins.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'll go with Broncos with the Bears in a close second. The rest of those teams are trash. Broncos added some quality pieces in FA and call me crazy, but I think Russell might return to form. Bears have the advantage of being in the easier division. I don't see any of these teams lighting the league on fire, but Bears/Broncos probably have best odds a sniffing a WC.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm gonna go with the Bears. Better strength of schedule, lost a lot of close ones, and (so far) have addressed many areas of need. Still lots of work to do on both lines.

Right now, I'm calling 9 wins total, possibly sniffing a wild card.
That's exactly how I feel. Agree 100%. If we'd won HALF of those one-score games, we'd have been 6-11. I see six wins as our floor, with potential up to 9/10, and a winning record. Playoffs? Even if we made it, it'd be one hell of a Cinderella story, but I'd like to see some conversion of talent into wins THIS year. Though it probably doesn't matter. We most likely will need ANOTHER season to get there.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Rams should have Stafford back, I don’t see them being great but they could be average.

Broncos bolstered OL and have one of the goat coaches.

Edit: obviously depends on the draft but this bears team as it stands is a bottom 5 team

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rams should have Stafford back, I don’t see them being great but they could be average.

Edit: obviously depends on the draft but this bears team as it stands is a bottom 5 team
Bottom five? Nah, I don't think so. Lower half? Sure. 12 teams had losing records last year. 9 wins would be quite a comeback.

Montucky

Liked Posts:

I think the years of getting pummelled in Detroit have caught up to Matthew Stafford. Stafford's still young enough to have a couple of good years left in him but it feels like a distinctly different situaiton than Russell Wilson's in Denver.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
LOL @ the Chiefs having a SB hangover. I vote that dumb fuck take of the year! :jonesy: