Biggest WTF play that you remember?

OliverTwistCone

Liked Posts:
My memory of Bears football.goes back to the Superbowl (I was 4 at the time. I dont remember much of the game, but i do remember parts of it.)

As far as being a SERIOUS fan, i really started watching and taking note of things from like '94 on. So, with that being said, what has been the biggest WTF moment you can think of as a Bears fan. Both IN-GAME, and Offseason move) At the time. Not in retrospect...

In-game for me was a close one between Marcus Cooper's dumbass FG Block return that he fumbled away on the 1 yd line against the Steelers in 2017, or Marion Barber going out of bounds against the Broncos in 2011. If he doesn't go out of bounds, Bears win. We missed the playoffs that year by one game. Marion Barber III holds the dumbest play in my mind.

Dumbest , at the time, move for me? Shea McClellin over Chandler Jones. Phil Emery sucks.

What about you?

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Chester Marcol blocked FG touchdown run, Didn't know whether to laugh or cry!!!

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
My memory of Bears football.goes back to the Superbowl (I was 4 at the time. I dont remember much of the game, but i do remember parts of it.)

As far as being a SERIOUS fan, i really started watching and taking note of things from like '94 on. So, with that being said, what has been the biggest WTF moment you can think of as a Bears fan. Both IN-GAME, and Offseason move) At the time. Not in retrospect...

In-game for me was a close one between Marcus Cooper's dumbass FG Block return that he fumbled away on the 1 yd line against the Steelers in 2017, or Marion Barber going out of bounds against the Broncos in 2011. If he doesn't go out of bounds, Bears win. We missed the playoffs that year by one game. Marion Barber III holds the dumbest play in my mind.

Dumbest , at the time, move for me? Shea McClellin over Chandler Jones. Phil Emery sucks.

What about you?
We are about the same age, and I came in to say the same thing WRT Marion Barber. The moment he went out I jumped at the TV to call him a goddamn idiot.

Biggest dumbass move, for me, at the time actually shows how much of a dumbass I am. I thought that drafting Hester in the second round was a joke, and I thought we could best use him as a third RB on passing downs. Turns out I know jack shit, can't see HOF talent for what it is, and happily eat crow every day for being wrong about Hester.

Biggest WTF roster move that I was right about, I wanted McNabb in 99, but after Philly took him at 2 I wanted us to either pick Culpeper or Bailey (who turned out to be one of the best DBs of my lifetime). We traded back and I was pissed. Then Washington takes Champ and I get more pissed. Then Minnesota took Culpepper and I was convinced that nomatter who we took, he'd be terrible.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
All returned TDs negated by ref penalties. It sucks that one bs call can have that much of an impact on winning or losing.

I believe Hester had 5 or 6 negated with the Bears.

Remember when Hester faked like he was receiving the kickoff but Johnny Knox was on the other side fielding the return and he housed it?
I felt like the refs were also confused so they threw a flag. Even commentators thought it was bogus.

Fuck the refs

smilebit

Liked Posts:
Caleb Hanie's interception by Raji to ice the NFC championship game. It was such a Bears way to lose that game. There was another receiver open and of course Hanie already knew who he was throwing to before the snap.

The lead up to that game was so frustrating, in week 17 the Bears had a chance to get rid of the Packers but Lovie wanted to rest his starters. Might I remind you that Lovie's main goal was not to win Superbowls but beat the Packers lol. So the Bears let the Packers in the playoffs only to lose to them in the NFCCG at home and then watch The Packers go win a Superbowl by beating the Bears twice to do it. That's when I was ready to see Lovie go.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Hester and Knox's trick play by Dave Toubs but it was brilliant, just that it caught me off guard same as the broadcasting camera guy.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The Chester Marcol blocked FG

The Marion Barber running out of bounds play

The Don Majkowski stepping over the line play for an unfair TD pass that cost us the game.

the Hester/Knox return play that was nullified because of a penalty

The Rodgers Hail Mary

The Rodgers picking up the ball just sitting there because we thought the play was whistled dead.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
Not the biggest wtf play ever but one that jumps out to me was in 2014 vs the Panthers. We just signed Teddy Williams off of the Cardinals practice squad. He was basically a track sprinter playing football. He was the gunner on a punt and ran full speed and tackled the returner before the ball ever got there drawing a flag. In the ensuing scrum nobody recovered the ball and the original returner (Philly Brown) if I remember correctly picked up the ball and ran like 70 yards to the end zone untouched.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The Chester Marcol blocked FG

The Marion Barber running out of bounds play

The Don Majkowski stepping over the line play for an unfair TD pass that cost us the game.

the Hester/Knox return play that was nullified because of a penalty

The Rodgers Hail Mary

The Rodgers picking up the ball just sitting there because we thought the play was whistled dead.
"The Rodgers picking up the ball just sitting there because we thought the play was whistled dead."

Ahhhh fuck..wasn't that the john fox era? i was totally pissed that day.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Caleb Hanie's interception by Raji to ice the NFC championship game. It was such a Bears way to lose that game. There was another receiver open and of course Hanie already knew who he was throwing to before the snap.

The lead up to that game was so frustrating, in week 17 the Bears had a chance to get rid of the Packers but Lovie wanted to rest his starters. Might I remind you that Lovie's main goal was not to win Superbowls but beat the Packers lol. So the Bears let the Packers in the playoffs only to lose to them in the NFCCG at home and then watch The Packers go win a Superbowl by beating the Bears twice to do it. That's when I was ready to see Lovie go.
I hated love for that. But what made me sick is the defense sat and we gave up a bunch of points. We had some records for defense that were lost because of the points given up. I think one was least amount of points given up in a season. Like a all time record. Fk lovie

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"The Rodgers picking up the ball just sitting there because we thought the play was whistled dead."

Ahhhh fuck..wasn't that the john fox era? i was totally pissed that day.
This was mine. It was last game of the season and we needed to win to get into the playoffs.
Lovie was the coach. After review it was ruled a fumble and TD. I was there swearing my ass off.
All anyone on the bears had to do was pick up the ball and the game would have been over and bears in the playoffs.

Why a Lovie coached team who built their game plan around take aways could not pick up a ball on the ground blows my mind to this day. There was never a whistle.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
We had Gb pinned in their end zone and gave up a 100 Td pass. Forget what game it was but I was sick.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Barber Running OB and Fox throwing the red flag when we would have had 1st and goal on the 2, resulted in a Cunningham fumble through the end zone and a turnover. The game where Lovie through a red flag when he had no business to, lost and then kept a 2nd one in his pocket when it would have obliviously helped because he wanted to keep a challenge available.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
The "Anyone But" Michael McCaskey/Dave McGinnis debacle

TL1961

Liked Posts:
All returned TDs negated by ref penalties. It sucks that one bs call can have that much of an impact on winning or losing.

I believe Hester had 5 or 6 negated with the Bears.

Remember when Hester faked like he was receiving the kickoff but Johnny Knox was on the other side fielding the return and he housed it?
I felt like the refs were also confused so they threw a flag. Even commentators thought it was bogus.

Fuck the refs
That flag was for holding 10 yards away from the nearest player. Horrible call